Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bills are not the Bengals bros
(01-08-2023, 07:56 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Mute point NFL made the decision already game would not continue, bills earned 2nd seed with 1 less loss

Thanks for the info, Bills fan. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:39 PM)kdiggz Wrote: You think we are happy to give up a bye and home field advantage? Yikes

You voted for that. You supported it against the Bengals sending out an impassioned plea not to.

It is an agreement whereby you don't have a single away game, even though you have a poorer percentage record than the Chiefs.  Most Bills fans that I know (and half my extended family lived in Buffalo and are diehard Bills fans)  thought they dodged a bullet not paying the red-hot Bengals, and a red-hot Burrow, on the road at Paycor. This agreement allows them to get the Bengals at home. If they played the Bengals, odds are they would be playing that game back in Cincinnati. And I'm pretty sure you know that. But at any rate, you ended up with an agreement whereby you lost all risk of having an away game in the playoffs.

Yes, I think you are happy with that. Want to just go by percentage and play in Arrowhead? Or do you want to add an extra game at Paycor? I didn't think so. In fact, the Bills were adamantly opposed to finishing the game. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:39 PM)kdiggz Wrote: You think we are happy to give up a bye and home field advantage? Yikes

You weren't getting it anyway. The Bengals were and would have continued to kick your ass. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:49 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: This will mark the SECOND year where the NFL has changed the rules to cater to your org.

First with the OT rule last year (Need I remind you that Burrow didn't need the coin toss in OT to beat Mahones); and now this\

No, it is the third time. In 1989, the Bengals were running a no-huddle offense that put them into the 1 seed. But before the championship game against Buffalo, Marv Levy said that if the NFL didn't do something about that no-huddle offense, he would tell his players to fake injuries so that they could get their substitutions in. Did Buffalo get raked over the coals for such a plan? No, on the very day of the championship game, the Bengals were told they could not run the no-huddle they were running all year.

They won that game, but that change may have cost them the Super Bowl.

Yes, I've been a fan since 1968, so I was around for that sudden change of rules to accommodate the Bills. It is something I'll never forget. 
Reply/Quote
Have you seen the refs for the Bills game and the refs for the Bengals game? Pray that the Bengals will need to have a flawless, blowout game vs the Bills in the playoff or else it's gonna be a long night with frustration.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: No, it is the third time. In 1989, the Bengals were running a no-huddle offense that put them into the 1 seed. But before the championship game against Buffalo, Marv Levy said that if the NFL didn't do something about that no-huddle offense, he would tell his players to fake injuries so that they could get their substitutions in. Did Buffalo get raked over the coals for such a plan? No, on the very day of the championship game, the Bengals were told they could not run the no-huddle they were running all year.

They won that game, but that change may have cost them the Super Bowl.

Yes, I've been a fan since 1968, so I was around for that sudden change of rules to accommodate the Bills. It is something I'll never forget. 

To add to this post, here are some comments regarding that 1989 game against Buffalo that are reflective of what happened this year with rule changes:

"This of course did not please Wyche, who pointed out changing the rules typically happens in the offseason, not the morning of a game set to decide who goes to the Super Bowl.

“It’s something we’ve been doing for 31/2 years,” Wyche said. “Why couldn’t they have made the decision last Monday?… For the league to come in one hour and 50 minutes before the game and take that away from you, it’s not fair.”
Reply/Quote

You play Mahones at a NETURAL location, when your team has consistently failed to beat Mahones @ Arrowhead when it matters.

that's big, and you know it.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:09 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Thanks for the info, Bills fan. 

Just stating the truth the NFL suspended the game it was not happening and from all accounts neither team wanted to continue. Anyway but again did not matter since nfl had made the decision of suspension.. sorry if dome can't handle the truth
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just stating the truth the NFL suspended the game it was not happening and from all accounts neither team wanted to continue. Anyway but again did not matter since nfl had made thY decision 

Right. You've done it thirty three hundred million billion times. I bet most got it after the first three thousand. 

Reply/Quote
Tiger

Paul Brown Stadium will be shaking next weekend!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Just stating the truth the NFL suspended the game it was not happening and from all accounts neither team wanted to continue. Anyway but again did not matter since nfl had made the decision of suspension.. sorry if dome can't handle the truth

Except the Bengals wanted to continue on a diff day:

Bengals players were in the dark all week about the status of the game. They first heard that the game would be cancelled when the league announced it on Thursday night. Before that, they didn’t know whether they’d play the Ravens on Sunday or the Bills. Some thought they possibly would play the Bills on Thursday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:36 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: You play Mahones at a NETURAL location, when your team has consistently failed to beat Mahones @ Arrowhead when it matters.

that's big, and you know it.

You think they care about going to Arrowhead where we have won 2 of the last 3 games and should have won the 3rd if not for 13 seconds? The bye is what they wanted and then the Chiefs coming to Buffalo in a blizzard where they can't throw is what we just played this entire season towards and spent the entire off-season discussing every single day since the end of last season. It was always about home field advantage. We don't want to play Mahomes in a neutral dome or nice weather stadium. We wanted him in Buffalo
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:23 PM)kdiggz Wrote: You think they care about going to Arrowhead where we have won 2 of the last 3 games and should have won the 3rd if not for 13 seconds? The bye is what they wanted and then the Chiefs coming to Buffalo in a blizzard where they can't throw is what we just played this entire season towards and spent the entire off-season discussing every single day since the end of last season. It was always about home field advantage. We don't want to play Mahomes in a neutral dome or nice weather stadium. We wanted him in Buffalo

I'm sorry, but what are you, a Buffalo Bills fan, doing on a Bengals board spending all this time praising the Bills and talking about the Bills? At least save it for if the Bills play the Bengals. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:40 PM)Nepa Wrote: I'm sorry, but what are you, a Buffalo Bills fan, doing on a Bengals board spending all this time praising the Bills and talking about the Bills? At least save it for if the Bills play the Bengals. 

I'll go then, thanks for the warm welcome
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:23 PM)kdiggz Wrote: You think they care about going to Arrowhead where we have won 2 of the last 3 games and should have won the 3rd if not for 13 seconds? The bye is what they wanted and then the Chiefs coming to Buffalo in a blizzard where they can't throw is what we just played this entire season towards and spent the entire off-season discussing every single day since the end of last season. It was always about home field advantage. We don't want to play Mahomes in a neutral dome or nice weather stadium. We wanted him in Buffalo

None of those games were in the postseason. You know, when it matters most.

"We would've won if we played defense for 13 seconds" isn't a good retort. You had them where you wanted them when it mattered most, and you still lost.

I doubt the Bills learned anything from it, because many of you threw a hissy fit over a coin toss and had rules changed to mask your shortcomings.

Allen hasn't won a single postseason game on the road. Don't downplay how big it is that he doesn't have to travel at all this postseason.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:44 PM)kdiggz Wrote: I'll go then, thanks for the warm welcome

i only reacted after you left the topic of the thread and started just posting paragraphs about the Bills, or Bills and Chiefs, without any reference to the Bengals, so it seemed you were just here to advocate for the Bills. 

I apologize for upsetting you. Having Bills posters can be a welcome addition and insightful. But a full paragraph about the Bills that has nothing to do with the Bengals, on a Bengals board? Makes me wonder why you're here.

However, I am in no position to comment on you being here or not. Please accept my apology.
Reply/Quote
The NFL could have moved the game to this week and pushed the games back a week. But it's over so let's move on!

On a side note maybe the NFL should add an extra bye week to an NFL schedule. So they can make up games if necessary
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 01:32 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Follow the rules.  The rules in the rulebook they approved for canceled games.  Period.  End of story.   

How effing hard is it for some on here to understand such a simple, elementary thing.

There's no way they make plans with hotels, etc to play a game on Tues.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:50 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: None of those games were in the postseason. You know, when it matters most.

"We would've won if we played defense for 13 seconds" isn't a good retort. You had them where you wanted them when it mattered most, and you still lost.

I doubt the Bills learned anything from it, because many of you threw a hissy fit over a coin toss and had rules changed to mask your shortcomings.

Allen hasn't won a single postseason game on the road. Don't downplay how big it is that he doesn't have to travel at all this postseason.

We beat KC in KC in the playoffs last year.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 09:44 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Right. You've done it thirty three hundred million billion times. I bet most got it after the first three thousand. 

So why can't you and  others get it then and stop with the false stories or do you believe if you say it enough people will think its true, that why you want me to be silent...hmmm
Reply/Quote