Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bills board is discussing the actual game
(01-05-2023, 11:00 AM)Memphis_Bengal Wrote: Would imagine not if the game is canceled. Can't have stats from a game that wasn't counted

How about a game that was played but not completed?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 02:44 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: How about a game that was played but not completed?

If they just cancel it they will just cancel the stats too, it is what I expect as the NFL always loves to screw the Bengals.

Use it is all the players and coaches can do. Oh well, in the Playoffs with most likely the 3 seed isn't all bad.

This team can beat anybody right now.
Reply/Quote
Joe was going to torch that secondary. Not sure we could have got off to a better start. D held them to 3 on their 1st drive and typically gets stiffer later in the game.

Hopefully we can continue that momentum.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 03:09 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: If they just cancel it they will just cancel the stats too, it is what I expect as the NFL always loves to screw the Bengals.

Use it is all the players and coaches can do. Oh well, in the Playoffs with most likely the 3 seed isn't all bad.

This team can beat anybody right now.

Agree. 3rd seed is fine. Bengals can beat anyone….anywhere.

Just saw the Tee Higgins interview. He’s good!

We’ve talked about t his in another thread, but dang…even after Tee asked the journalists to move on to the Ravens game, they kept coming back to Monday, over and over, again….asking the same questions, in different ways, over and over, again!

It was tragic. Everyone involved is moving in a positive direction. Let’s talk about the Ravens.
Reply/Quote
Felt the Bengals offense could not have been more ready and were enforcing their will upon the Bills in what little of a sample size we got to see.

Hopefully they can get that mindset back when it comes time to play again.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
From what I saw from the first nine minutes on Monday Night the game was shaping up to be a one sided blowout in favor of the Bengals. On Tuesday morning Rex Ryan would have called it “a bully beatdown.”
Reply/Quote
No way you can say we would have definitely won that game. C'mon. I mean, the Chiefs were up by 18 on us TWICE and we came back and won both times.

Bengals were looking great indeed, but, there was soooo much time left.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:49 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: No way you can say we would have definitely won that game. C'mon. I mean, the Chiefs were up by 18 on us TWICE and we came back and won both times.

It was about two minutes from becoming 14-3.
"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable. "
---CARL SAGAN
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:49 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: No way you can say we would have definitely won that game. C'mon. I mean, the Chiefs were up by 18 on us TWICE and we came back and won both times.

No way you can tell we wouldnt had won... we cant just sort this out as if it were only a negative outcome, that is insane.

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 11:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: From what I saw from the first nine minutes on Monday Night the game was shaping up to be a one sided blowout in favor of the Bengals.  On Tuesday morning Rex Ryan would have called it “a bully beatdown.”

Good chance it would have won Burrow the MVP Award as well

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 12:51 AM)Science Friction Wrote: It was about two minutes from becoming 14-3.

Like in the Chiefs game, where they came back and had the lead and the ball before fumbling?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:33 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Like in the Chiefs game, where they came back and had the lead and the ball before fumbling?

.....or 22-0 in Foxboro.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Come on guys. We've seen this team look great in the first half in games and crap in the second half, and vice versa. We looked FANTASTIC and no one can take it away from us, but let's look at reality and this game was still very up for grabs.
Reply/Quote
It was an AFC Championship atmosphere and Burrow & Co. were relishing every moment.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2023, 07:33 PM)bengaloo Wrote: That was the most exciting and explosive opening to a Bengals game I have ever seen. Monday night football, national TV, big time playoff implications, amazing crowd --just the kind of game the Bengals of old would come out and lay an egg. But what do they do? Take the opening kickoff, by choice, and march right down the field for a TD. You want to make a statement in a game like that and they did it right there in a huge way. It was beautiful Our players were in a zone, especially the offense. In the little bit we saw, it was clear the offense isnt done getting better even this year. This team is still young and on the rise.

Was the most watched/highest rated and the most combined wins in the history of Monday Night Football as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:54 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Come on guys. We've seen this team look great in the first half in games and crap in the second half, and vice versa. We looked FANTASTIC and no one can take it away from us, but let's look at reality and this game was still very up for grabs.

Man we were about to beat the shit out of the Bills. We we’re definitely about to go up 14-3 and i predicted we win by 2 scores or more and nothing i saw from Buffalo changed that
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 07:54 AM)Brownshoe Wrote: Come on guys. We've seen this team look great in the first half in games and crap in the second half, and vice versa. We looked FANTASTIC and no one can take it away from us, but let's look at reality and this game was still very up for grabs.

No, stop it.  The Patriots game was a total fluke.  What game did the opponent with an already depleted secondary lose 2 guys in the first 8 minutes after we were already rolling them?  Reality is we were kicking their ass and it was only going to get worse.

Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 09:56 AM)Interceptor Wrote: It was an AFC Championship atmosphere and Burrow & Co. were relishing every moment.

Yes it was rocking in the Jungle.
 Its foolish to say we were definitely going to win that game because Buffalo is way too good for that kind of talk but it was looking like we had our best game of the season about ready to unfold.
 It is so nice having a QB that seems to embrace the moment the way Burrow does in big games.
He had a look on his face that said "This is my house, my game, my moment, and my MVP! It is fun to be a fan of this team right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-06-2023, 02:02 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Yes it was rocking in the Jungle.
 Its foolish to say we were definitely going to win that game because Buffalo is way too good for that kind of talk but it was looking like we had our best game of the season about ready to unfold.
 It is so nice having a QB that seems to embrace the moment the way Burrow does in big games.
He had a look on his face that said "This is my house, my game, my moment, and my MVP! It is fun to be a fan of this team right now.

Tell us how well the Bills were going to handle losing 2 starters from an already depleted secondary that had zero answers before the game started?

We dont have to worry about Joe having the "This is my house" face after the first round now......

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:15 PM)Graphicguy Wrote: Agree.  3rd seed is fine.  Bengals can beat anyone….anywhere.

Just saw the Tee Higgins interview.  He’s good!  

We’ve talked about t his in another thread, but dang…even after Tee asked the journalists to move on to the Ravens game, they kept coming back to Monday, over and over, again….asking the same questions, in different ways, over and over, again!

It was tragic.  Everyone involved is moving in a positive direction.  Let’s talk about the Ravens.

Rock On Graphicguy. Love Tee, will watch the interview in a couple because of this.

Damn media wants to take away our focus and this team will have none of it.
Reply/Quote