Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bills fan(s) wishing Bengals and Bengals fans good luck on Sunday
(02-11-2022, 07:11 PM)JaggedJimmyJay Wrote: Respect, Bills Maf. I appreciate the brother/sisterhood of our fanbases, even if I do kind of suspect it's going to be challenged in the near future by the Burrow/Allen wars.

If it isn't us in the AFC I am okay with Buffalo. No fanbase should have to experience what y'all experienced in the early '90s (even if it was largely a great success).

LOL Since I seen they threw dildos on the field during Pats games, I've been LoL'ing since. That's freaken genious.

(02-11-2022, 07:46 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: And I love the Finger Lakes. 

Dude, that takes talent. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:46 PM)Speedy Thomas Wrote: Totally agree.  And I love the Finger Lakes.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I’ve been a Bills fan my whole life and there are only 3 other teams in the NFL I can tolerate, and the Bengals are the only other team I like.

The similarities between cities/teams are simple to understand:

1. Small Market team with a bully in the division they must contend with every year (Steelers and Ravens, to a lesser extent)
2. Fans that live and breathe football
3. Great local joints and food – I loved the few places I visited – Knockback Nats and O’Malleys in the Alley. I was forced to get Gold Star Chili cause Skyline was closed on Sundays for some reason ?
4. The pain of losing for different ways for so long. I’m still angry about the Bengals 2016 Playoff game against the Steelers.
5. Genuinely nice people – seriously – your tailgate was a pleasant surprise. We were welcomed with open arms, and I played the biggest and most entertaining game of flip cup I’ve ever seen.
6. A climate where it can still be cold and depressing in April

This yahoo article that got to me. https://www.yahoo.com/news/cincinnati-bengals-ex-cris-collinsworth-110000621.html

I usually go to 1 away game every year but I might have to make an exception and go to 2 next year to see an Allen/Burrow face off.
Anyway, I’m talking too much. Again, I wish you good luck on Sunday. The Rams are not the villain usually found in the other side of these Superbowls, but very few people in LA care about the Rams and their “fans” assault visiting teams’ fans, so the heck with them. Go beat LA.

Ever since our love fest when Dalton got Buffalo into the playoffs, the Bills have been the team I go-to when the Bengals aren't in the playoffs.. Classy fanbase.. Josh Allen is the truth. He is the best QB in football imo...
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 06:46 PM)BillsGuy1986 Wrote: I’ve been a Bills fan my whole life and there are only 3 other teams in the NFL I can tolerate, and the Bengals are the only other team I like.

The similarities between cities/teams are simple to understand:

1. Small Market team with a bully in the division they must contend with every year (Steelers and Ravens, to a lesser extent)
2. Fans that live and breathe football
3. Great local joints and food – I loved the few places I visited – Knockback Nats and O’Malleys in the Alley. I was forced to get Gold Star Chili cause Skyline was closed on Sundays for some reason ?
4. The pain of losing for different ways for so long. I’m still angry about the Bengals 2016 Playoff game against the Steelers.
5. Genuinely nice people – seriously – your tailgate was a pleasant surprise. We were welcomed with open arms, and I played the biggest and most entertaining game of flip cup I’ve ever seen.
6. A climate where it can still be cold and depressing in April

This yahoo article that got to me. https://www.yahoo.com/news/cincinnati-bengals-ex-cris-collinsworth-110000621.html

I usually go to 1 away game every year but I might have to make an exception and go to 2 next year to see an Allen/Burrow face off.
Anyway, I’m talking too much. Again, I wish you good luck on Sunday. The Rams are not the villain usually found in the other side of these Superbowls, but very few people in LA care about the Rams and their “fans” assault visiting teams’ fans, so the heck with them. Go beat LA.

Thanks for posting. A guy working for me is a huge Buffalo fan as well. We talk NFL everyday but mostly Buffalo and Cincy. I agree with you about Buffalo and Cincy being very similar. I think both cities will end their Super Bowl soon. I hope you are able to come and enjoy our city. Hopefully, after the next 10-20 years with the playoff battles KC, Buffalo and Cincy have we will still have mutual admiration for each team!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 07:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's definitely a perspective on the state of NY you don't hear every day.  

NYC is a neat place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. And dear god, driving there was one of the most stressful experiences. I'm usually pretty even-keeled, but wow.

Upstate is beautiful though. If it weren't for the winters, I could definitely live there.
Reply/Quote
The feeling is definitely mutual between Bills fans and Bengals fans!

I still love watching that Dalton to Boyd highlight with Bills fans reactions from a few years ago.

At least both of our teams got to curb stomp our “bullies” this year. The times are a changing….finally…..probably going to be some huge games between our teams over the next few seasons. Hope the respect and civility doesn’t get lost over the next several years!
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:44 PM)Earendil Wrote: NYC is a neat place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. And dear god, driving there was one of the most stressful experiences. I'm usually pretty even-keeled, but wow.

Upstate is beautiful though. If it weren't for the winters, I could definitely live there.

I could have told you that.  Wink
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
Like everyone else been a Bills bro for a while. That said, I wonder how long it lasts? There will be some epic battles with Burrow and Allen, not sure we actually have any respectful rivalries? Certainly not in the AFCN, and the Chiefs fans prevent any type of civil discord with their team that can only beat themselves or cheating refs.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:18 PM)Tony Wrote: Josh Allen is the truth. He is the best QB in football imo...

Hey now! Let’s not go overboard there. He was great in the playoffs but Burrow is clearly the better passer.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:44 PM)Earendil Wrote: NYC is a neat place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there. And dear god, driving there was one of the most stressful experiences. I'm usually pretty even-keeled, but wow.

To each his own...I have my own biases, I guess.  Mostly, that I've lived and worked in places like NYC and Chicago and people who have never done so are always trying to convince me that my life was apparently a living hell there. 
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:50 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Hey now! Let’s not go overboard there. He was great in the playoffs but Burrow is clearly the better passer.

There will be one game to prove that next season. I hope BOTH teams are at 100%.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
I was rooting for the Bills against KC even though I thought that would weaken the Bengals chances. If it’s not the Bengals I’ll happily root for the Bills. Especially vs that douche team in KC.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:50 PM)Nately120 Wrote: To each his own...I have my own biases, I guess.  Mostly, that I've lived and worked in places like NYC and Chicago and people who have never done so are always trying to convince me that my life was apparently a living hell there. 

Sorry I didn't mean to imply anything bad toward you. It's not for me, but you would probably hate living in a lot of the places I have. I have lived in Cincy, I've lived in a town of about a thousand people, and just about everywhere in between. I think people should live wherever makes them happy.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 08:58 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I was rooting for the Bills against KC even though I thought that would weaken the Bengals chances. If it’s not the Bengals I’ll happily root for the Bills. Especially vs that douche team in KC.

I was the same.  I wanted KC to lose but I didn't want to play the Bills, I felt we matched up much better with KC.  I will probably be rooting against the Bills out of respect not wanting to face them in future playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(02-11-2022, 09:02 PM)Earendil Wrote: Sorry I didn't mean to imply anything bad toward you. It's not for me, but you would probably hate living in a lot of the places I have. I have lived in Cincy, I've lived in a town of about a thousand people, and just about everywhere in between. I think people should live wherever makes them happy.

I don't take it personally, and maybe I'm an oddball but I've lived in big cities and small towns and as long as you can stand the face in the mirror, I think you're good.
Reply/Quote
Wishing you the best next season, except against the Bengals. I hope to see the Bills twice next year at PBS. Then the fanbases can hug it out whoever wins. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
Let’s get it!!!
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I went to the Buffalo vs. Texans game this year.... Love your fans and stadium. I do pull for you all as my 2nd favorite team.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Thanks for the good wishes. I was born in Buffalo but have lived in Cincinnati over 50 years.

I walked out onto the Niagara riverbed when it was drained in the late sixties and still have the rock in my bookcase that I picked up as a child.

https://rarehistoricalphotos.com/niagara-falls-without-water-1969/

Who Dey.....
Reply/Quote
Appreciate it!!!! I always felt sorry for Bills and Vikings fans, but especially the Bills, four straight SB losses. I was kinda indifferent in the team though, because of Marv Levy's stunt leading into the AFCCG against us. That was bad enough, but when he claimed the no huddle as his own, that did it for me.

However, when the Bills fans flooded Andy Dalton's charity after that Baltimore game, my mind and heart changed. With such a classy gesture, I couldn't hate on their team anymore. The similarities you noted are straight up legit, but that move on your fanbase's part was just pure class and an awesome thing to see. Best wishes to Bills Mafia, and the Bills themselves....unless you're playing us. Wink I also like watching Allen play.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote