Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Bills hired a Female Quality Control Coach--Why can't Bengals do the Same?
[Image: 62213969.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2016, 01:32 PM)moemoron Wrote: This is correct.
North America created a divide in sport between men and women.  It is biggest in football.  This 'sports is a man thing' is not as strong in other countries.
Since women see it as a man only thing here, there are less women that get fully involved, ie. spending the time to examine strategies and questions what should have been done or not.

Best person for the job should get it.  But there just aren't that many women in this field Sad.

Pretty sure it's not a North America thing. America has the most Women's FIFA World Cup Championships, most Olympic Softball Championships, most Olympic Female Baskeball Championships.... that's three sports that American females have dominated the rest of the world in. So your whole "sports is a man thing" sinks before it even has a chance to try to swim.

It's more an issue that women haven't really played football at a semi-meaningful level (other than what, 2 college kickers?), so how can you coach it at a meaningful level? Same with baseball. Women's fastpitch is for real, they can throw crazy hard for such a large ball, but how the heck would one of them even start to try to help say.. Aroldis Chapman with his grip/pitching motion if he starts getting wild?

Soccer is soccer, basketball is basketball, UFC is UFC... but there's no female MLB or NFL. That's not the MLB or NFL's fault. If qualified people start applying, they will get hired. You can't hire people just because you need to meet a quota or a social acceptance.

- - - - - - -
Side Note: There are 3 female owners (Bears, Lions, Titans) with another soon to come/basically already running the team (Katie).

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 01:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: 62213969.jpg]

That's hilarious.   Hilarious
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If she is the most qualified then yes. If not, then no. It really should be that simple. Hiring someone because of the their gender, race or any other non-factor is ridiculous. People should be hired on the merits of their work. Otherwise is PC BS.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
If you need something to be proud of as a woman than be proud of the fact that basically the GM of this team is a woman. Sure she's the daughter of the owner, but from all accounts it seems she does a really good job.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 10:34 AM)Okeana Wrote: If you need something to be proud of as a woman than be proud of the fact that basically the GM of this team is a woman.  Sure she's the daughter of the owner, but from    all accounts it seems she does a really good job.

Good point. Why do we need to hire a female coach just to "keep up with the times", when we have a female running this team?
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 01:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty sure it's not a North America thing. America has the most Women's FIFA World Cup Championships, most Olympic Softball Championships, most Olympic Female Baskeball Championships.... that's three sports that American females have dominated the rest of the world in. So your whole "sports is a man thing" sinks before it even has a chance to try to swim.

It's more an issue that women haven't really played football at a semi-meaningful level (other than what, 2 college kickers?), so how can you coach it at a meaningful level? Same with baseball. Women's fastpitch is for real, they can throw crazy hard for such a large ball, but how the heck would one of them even start to try to help say.. Aroldis Chapman with his grip/pitching motion if he starts getting wild?

Soccer is soccer, basketball is basketball, UFC is UFC... but there's no female MLB or NFL. That's not the MLB or NFL's fault. If qualified people start applying, they will get hired. You can't hire people just because you need to meet a quota or a social acceptance.

- - - - - - -
Side Note: There are 3 female owners (Bears, Lions, Titans) with another soon to come/basically already running the team (Katie).

Actually baseball is a poor example, and not just because fastpitch is a very different game.  There have been female players at the college and minor league levels as well as coaches in college and some of the independent leagues.

It's easy to just dismiss the idea and say the NFL is "different", but I think the days of more women are coming.  The Cardinals had an intern last year, and now the Bills have an actual full time coach a year later.  The jobs should go to the most qualified person, the person who can best improve the team.  Simple as that.  Sex should have nothing to do with it.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 01:39 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pretty sure it's not a North America thing. America has the most Women's FIFA World Cup Championships, most Olympic Softball Championships, most Olympic Female Baskeball Championships.... that's three sports that American females have dominated the rest of the world in. So your whole "sports is a man thing" sinks before it even has a chance to try to swim.

- - - - - - -

Pretty sure it has more to do with the level of contact and violence in the NFL over other sports...

They dont have Pro Women Hockey either as far as i know.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 02:25 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Pretty sure it has more to do with the level of contact and violence in the NFL over other sports...

They dont have Pro Women Hockey either as far as i know.

Maybe so.

I just know Guinness says the fastest baseball pitch by a woman is 69mph. If there were women out there who could throw 90mph fastballs and mix in a slider, they'd likely be playing in MLB. That's why I made my MLB point, is all.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I am sure there are qualified women that can coach in the NFL and I would not mind having one as a coach for the Bengals. With that being said who ever is the coach must be the best person for the job.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 03:19 PM)J24 Wrote: I am sure there are qualified women that can coach in the NFL and I would not mind having one as a coach for the Bengals. With that being said who ever is the coach must be the best person for the job.

I agree.  At the same time we've all seen coaches with lots of NFL experience try and fail numerous times, and they still keep getting hired for their experience.  
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2016, 03:39 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: I agree.  At the same time we've all seen coaches with lots of NFL experience try and fail numerous times, and they still keep getting hired for their experience.  

I also agree that women with virtually no NFL experience have a 0-0 record as an NFL head coach.  
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
[Image: gettyimages-482795636.jpg?w=1280] 
WTF is she doing?

Reply/Quote
A simple answer to the simple question posed above: The woman hired in Buffalo worked for Rex Ryan for eight years to just get this shot. By example, the offensive QC the Bengals just hired coached some high school football but was in the private sector (not sure what he was doing there, though, i.e. stats, analysis, medical stuff, etc.). Let's be real - you have to have a working knowledge of football to be a quality control person. Yes, it's entry level. Yes, it's "grunt work." So this has more to do with the fact there is a much shallower pool of qualified female coaches in football than in other sports. You don't just do to do - you do to win. And yes, QC's help the position coaches win (ideally). QC's also tend to have personal relationships with the head coach and/or coordinators. So, combine that with a shallow pool of talent .. it'll take awhile before more qualified women can get these jobs because that means more women have to be working in the college and high school levels.
Beat writer for Cincinnati.com & The Enquirer. Follow along on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Periscope.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: gettyimages-482795636.jpg?w=1280] 
WTF is she doing?

1) Letting them know they all have tickets to the gun show.

2) Maybe she has a question.

3) Showing them how tall she is.

4) About to make a badass one handed no look Odell beckham catch.

5) Checking out #16's booty.

6) If the pic was from when Carson went down she coulda been volunteering to play QB when Arians asked if there was anyone who didn't throw like a girl there.

7) answering the question "who here has won as many playoff games as a HC as Marvin Lewis?"

Who knows? I think all of my answers are feasible though, just pick your favorite. 
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 01:21 AM)jowczarski Wrote: A simple answer to the simple question posed above: The woman hired in Buffalo worked for Rex Ryan for eight years to just get this shot. By example, the offensive QC the Bengals just hired coached some high school football but was in the private sector (not sure what he was doing there, though, i.e. stats, analysis, medical stuff, etc.). Let's be real - you have to have a working knowledge of football to be a quality control person. Yes, it's entry level. Yes, it's "grunt work." So this has more to do with the fact there is a much shallower pool of qualified female coaches in football than in other sports. You don't just do to do - you do to win. And yes, QC's help the position coaches win (ideally). QC's also tend to have personal relationships with the head coach and/or coordinators. So, combine that with a shallow pool of talent .. it'll take awhile before more qualified women can get these jobs because that means more women have to be working in the college and high school levels.

Guessing  a lot of open toed shoes were worn....

and I'm leaving now
Reply/Quote
fawwwwwwwwwwk not that video in my brain again. although iirc rex ryan's wife wasn't bad looking
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Thats like asking Army pogs to go be DIs and make Marines. Fail as ****. I dont care how politically correct you want to be. Men and women have differences. People are not all the same. Accept it and move on.
Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 12:40 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: [Image: gettyimages-482795636.jpg?w=1280] 
WTF is she doing?

(01-23-2016, 02:04 AM)leonardfan40 Wrote: 1) Letting them know they all have tickets to the gun show.

2) Maybe she has a question.

3) Showing them how tall she is.

4) About to make a badass one handed no look Odell beckham catch.

5) Checking out #16's booty.

6) If the pic was from when Carson went down she coulda been volunteering to play QB when Arians asked if there was anyone who didn't throw like a girl there.

7) answering the question "who here has won as many playoff games as a HC as Marvin Lewis?"

Who knows? I think all of my answers are feasible though, just pick your favorite. 

None of your suggestions gave the hand-to-mouth response I was looking for. I guess there is hope for the world after all.

Reply/Quote
(01-23-2016, 05:57 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Thats like asking Army pogs to go be DIs and make Marines. Fail as ****. I dont care how politically correct you want to be. Men and women have differences. People are not all the same. Accept it and move on.

thasnk you Nati.  I don't know if you were serious or not, but this thread was getting boring.  i have never seen a thread before where every single person agreed......."Hire the most qualified person.  Don't care if it is a woman."
Reply/Quote