Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price Benched Again
(11-25-2019, 09:59 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: At least Ogbuehi was able to hold his starting spot, even if he was terrible in it.

Price is even worse than Ogbuehi.

Ogbuehi is actually playing decently in Jacksonville. He'd legit be an upgrade. Billy Price is absolutely terrible, just awful. From the eye test to PFF, just shit and that's really disappointing because they need quality linemen.
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:34 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Yep another over rated Buckeye.  I swear if someone went to OSU some of you where swear to God he would be the next something coming.  OSU = over rated most

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Saints have 6 OSU starters and are 9-2
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 11:17 AM)KillerGoose Wrote: Ogbuehi is actually playing decently in Jacksonville. He'd legit be an upgrade. Billy Price is absolutely terrible, just awful. From the eye test to PFF, just shit and that's really disappointing because they need quality linemen.

I've read that Price's technique is really bad...that that's what his issue is.

And while he was bad at Center...his technique flaws make him a worse fit at Guard.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 04:47 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've read that Price's technique is really bad...that that's what his issue is.

And while he was bad at Center...his technique flaws make him a worse fit at Guard.

Tiger Which means---that our severely deficient OLine coach can't identify and fix technique flaws. Which leaves bullying him into playing better, which also isn't working.

This coaching staff HAS GOT to be completely overhauled this off-season, with a few exceptions...
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Put Billy Price on almost any other team and he’ll thrive. Trust me; it’s the coaching. Price along with Fisher and Ogbuehi were all solid players in college. Somehow when they came to Cincinnati they started playing badly. Not coincidentally, John Jerry, Cordy Glenn, and Bobby Hart also got worse upon becoming Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Put Billy Price on almost any other team and he’ll thrive.  Trust me; it’s the coaching.  Price along with Fisher and Ogbuehi were all solid players in college.  Somehow when they came to Cincinnati they started playing badly.  Not coincidentally, John Jerry, Cordy Glenn, and Bobby Hart also got worse upon becoming Bengals.

This guy has kinda been crap no matter where he has been...

Jake Fisher is out of football after going to the Bills and not being able to find it.

I agree our coaching sucks, but sometimes you get bad talent (from not scouting) and no coach is going to turn them around.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 07:40 PM)JSR18 Wrote: Tiger Which means---that our severely deficient OLine coach can't identify and fix technique flaws. Which leaves bullying him into playing better, which also isn't working.

This coaching staff HAS GOT to be completely overhauled this off-season, with a few exceptions...

Price's scouting reports stated that he had a "challenging personality to deal with", which is basically a nice way of saying that he's not very coachable.  

He's a typical D1 college OL that looked good by playing in a simple offense and being bigger and stronger than most of the guys he faced.  
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 09:34 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Put Billy Price on almost any other team and he’ll thrive.  Trust me; it’s the coaching.  Price along with Fisher and Ogbuehi were all solid players in college.  Somehow when they came to Cincinnati they started playing badly.  Not coincidentally, John Jerry, Cordy Glenn, and Bobby Hart also got worse upon becoming Bengals.

Price's predecessor, Pat Elflein, sucks.  His successor, Michael Jordan, also sucks.  This is primarily because Ohio State sucks at producing NFL caliber offensive linemen.  
Reply/Quote
(11-24-2019, 08:34 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: Yep another over rated Buckeye.  I swear if someone went to OSU some of you where swear to God he would be the next something coming.  OSU = over rated most

Bullcrap. Ohio State produces plenty of high quality NFL caliber talent. You always post crap about OSU, you a Meatchicken fan or something? Yes, I wanted Billy Price and I'm sad he seems to be a wasted pick at this point, but look around the league and see how many former OSU players there are. Hell, just look at the Saints alone.
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Price's predecessor, Pat Elflein, sucks.  His successor, Michael Jordan, also sucks.  This is primarily because Ohio State sucks at producing NFL caliber offensive linemen.  

Yeah... It's only Ohio State producing subpar linemen.

Seems to me when they ran a pro style offense they did alright in that department.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:14 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: Bullcrap. Ohio State produces plenty of high quality NFL caliber talent. You always post crap about OSU, you a Meatchicken fan or something? Yes, I wanted Billy Price and I'm sad he seems to be a wasted pick at this point, but look around the league and see how many former OSU players there are. Hell, just look at the Saints alone.

Yep... The best player from last year's draft, AND the best player from this year's draft. Hopefully that feller that plays QB for LSU makes it outta that championship game in one piece.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2019, 12:21 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah... It's only Ohio State producing subpar linemen.

Seems to me when they ran a pro style offense they did alright in that department.

They haven't run a pro style offense in forever and they haven't put out pro caliber OL with any consistency since the Cooper years.

It's similar to Ogbuehi and the steady stream of bust OT's out of Texas A&M.  When a program consistently pumps out overhyped and underdelivering prospects at a position group, you need to be skeptical.  It's likely scheme and/or weak competition making them look good. 
Reply/Quote
(11-25-2019, 10:47 PM)Whatever Wrote: Price's predecessor, Pat Elflein, sucks.  His successor, Michael Jordan, also sucks.  This is primarily because Ohio State sucks at producing NFL caliber offensive linemen.  

BLIND BAFFOONERY HATE!!!

Reply/Quote
Ohio State currently has 50 players on NFL rosters, of that number 7 of them are on the O-line, and of that number only 4 are NFL starters. Price maybe starting but it isn't because he deserves it.

The majority of Ohio State NFL success currently is on defense or WR and RB.

It is fair to say that recently Ohio State has not produced good NFL O linemen.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I believe the NFL has come out and said the problem is that none of the colleges are producing pro ready linemen, so there are very few to pick from. Price is a huge disappointment.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2019, 10:22 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I believe the NFL has come out and said the problem is that none of the colleges are producing pro ready linemen, so there are very few to pick from. Price is a huge disappointment.

It could also be quite possible that the other position groups are just getting as good as the former O-line groups.. Everything in college these days is pass happy, much more so than years past, but still in college they'll always have outstanding players playing against guys who will never sniff the NFL. Most college players are just barely a tick above high school and don't really get much better by the time they graduate and it's not as if every college player has 24/7 to devote only to football. Some actually study other subjects, like partying too much and of course chase girls to the detriment of their own goals in life. How many times have we all heard someone say, "I played a little college ball." to become lawyers, doctors, engineers or whatever they do in life after college, maybe even warehouse workers or even janitors? They're about as predictable as the general population when you get right down to it.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

Billy Price is not big enough nor strong enough to handle the defenses in the nfl,he should have NEVER been drafted,he is okay for a backup but not a starter.Another wasted draft pick.the guy in only like 6ft 1 or 2,not big enough to handle the massive d-linemen in todays nfl. :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul: :paul:
Reply/Quote
I have a solution for billy Price...… FULLBACK!!!!!!!!
Reply/Quote
Pitiful Price pick (presumed panic-pick) panned plentifully! Positively putrid! Paulsy production!
Reply/Quote
Price has been a huge disappointment. I thought he would do well. Shows how much I know.
Reply/Quote