Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price apparanty had an invisible defender in front of him
(11-10-2019, 09:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm not shedding any tears for Dalton, but are we really peddling the narrative that Andy Dalton at no point in those seasons where we were good and winning 9-12 games avoided a pass rush and/or extended a play?  This idea that Dalton never did anything but run backwards and dive into the turf is making me wonder if we are really just choosing to all go insane rather than be bummed out.

Marvin NEVER went for it on 4th down!  Marvin NEVER made adjustments.  Dalton NEVER avoided a pass rush!  What else NEVER happened when we were you know...actually looking like an NFL franchise that is happening now that we are losing games in the 1st quarter?  Geez.

I think Dalton was playing it safe. On the fumble scoop and score, Finley made a nice move to avoid pressure, only to have yet another poorly blocked defender (can you really even call it blocked at all?) blindside him and knock the ball loose.  Dalton probably cradles the ball and takes the sack there. That said, Finley made some really nice scrambles back there.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I actually think Price will do ok when he returns to C next season not as good as Hopkins but Price seems out of place as a guard. Just like Hopkins looked awful when he played G last year
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 04:59 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I actually think Price will do ok when he returns to C next season not as good as Hopkins but Price seems out of place as a guard. Just like Hopkins looked awful when he played G last year

Well...Hopkins is playing C because Price looked terrible there. So a lot of people were like 'Price needs to play Guard...that's his spot!' Now he's terrible at Guard.

Honestly, I just don't think Price is cut out to be a starting NFL lineman.
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 12:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: Here is a better view. You cans see better in this one that Jerry steps under the TE instead of zone blocking down to his right. In reality a WR was motioned in to help the TE and when Jerry takes their guy the TE and WR just look confused as to who they are supposed to block.

Question::: Does most of you fans on here believe Billy Price is a good player at his position and believe he will improve with time ???????????? Also,I believe our offense is going to improve each sunday and I liked how they run their offense this game except for the give-aways. Our biggest monster problem is this defense,they cannot stop ANYONE FROM DOING MOST ANYTHING.This secondary is horrible,number 22,30,21 AND 36 have regressed big time.I do believe the D-coor is probably confusing them,as they are just stinkin bad.What say all of you???
Reply/Quote
(11-11-2019, 05:50 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Question::: Does most of you fans on here believe Billy Price is a good player at his position and believe he will improve with time ???????????? Also,I believe our offense is going to improve each sunday and I liked how they run their offense this game except for the give-aways. Our biggest monster problem is this defense,they cannot stop ANYONE FROM DOING MOST ANYTHING.This secondary is horrible,number 22,30,21 AND 36 have regressed big time.I do believe the D-coor is probably confusing them,as they are just stinkin bad.What say all of you???

Some people believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too...but...neither the offense or defense has shown any improvement this year. All year. They are both terrible. Debating which is worse is pointless.

re: Price - He's not improving. He has the lowest PFF grades from some of these games that I've seen. His grade right now is 43.3. Terrible.

His best bet would be that he gets traded to a team that could actually provide sound coaching. Heck...even Bodine got slightly better when he left here. As did Ced.
Reply/Quote