Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price injury
(09-19-2018, 03:14 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Did this overlap with his previous injury?

Oh yeah.

Because bicep tears and foot injuries overlap all the time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 06:20 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Oh yeah.

Because bicep tears and foot injuries overlap all the time.

C'mon Truck, you remember the old grammar school song?  The pectoral muscle is connected to the foot bone...    LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I had a similar injury but was more severe, a Lisfranc Fracture. It was quite serious. If Price has a Lisfranc sprain, it could linger but it depends. Bones and ligaments are separated from the tarsus and arc and depending on X-Ray, can cause distortion of that area. The pain may be chronic, as I still have pain and it has been several years. But then again, my injury was quite sever, where I had 7 fractures and ligament separation.

Lets hope Price recovers well, but this is not a minor injury.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 02:51 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Damn we're unlucky.....lol.

Personally I was impressed with Trey Hopkins against Baltimore. He’s not as good as Billy Price but he’s way better than Russell Bodine or Eric Ghiaciuc even on their best days. Frank Pollack just hit the reset button and said, “Next man up!”
Reply/Quote
Just means that we need more quality depth on the oline. The team let that area get depleted for quite awhile with bad picks and lame free agent offers.

Price will be back and will play well. Hopkins is getting a work out at the position.

The addition of Pollack has helped.

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 06:29 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I had a similar injury but was more severe, a Lisfranc Fracture.  It was quite serious.  If Price has a Lisfranc sprain, it could linger but it depends.  Bones and ligaments are separated from the tarsus and arc and depending on X-Ray, can cause distortion of that area.  The pain may be chronic, as I still have pain and it has been several years.   But then again, my injury was quite sever, where I had 7 fractures and ligament separation.  

Lets hope Price recovers well, but this is not a minor injury.

Saw on Twitter that it's NOT a Lisfranc injury.
Reply/Quote
The challenge we have is we have no one to back up Hopkins. Marv wouldn't say who it would be. Kat Terrell thinks it is most likely Clint Boling so we better be hoping that Trey stays all in one piece

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
We are only as good as our backups.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 07:28 PM)Tomkat Wrote: Saw on Twitter that it's NOT a Lisfranc injury.

That is great news
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Hopefully he will be back soon. Hopkins did a great job vs Baltimore , interested to see how he will hold up this week vs Kawann Short who is one of the better DT's in the league.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 05:30 PM)thillan Wrote: Guys, we are up 2-0 and have NO season ending injuries on our roster.

RELAX.

I'm not saying we are going to the SB, but I think we can hang with nearly any team in the league right now. Just see how it pans out before we flush it down the drain.

Don't you realize some people aren't happy unless they have something to gripe about?
Reply/Quote
I dunno, I thought it was a funny thing to post to:

1) Get the traditional negative post by someone on the board out of the way
2) See who would respond :)
Reply/Quote
The kid had his foot stepped on and stayed in the for another play........cant imagine a 300 pounder with a size 17 cleat stomping on one of my feet

give him a couple weeks to heal up and plug him back in

Billy is gonna be fine
Reply/Quote
Loved when he threw his arms up and down to pump up the crowd as he limped off the field.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 06:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Personally I was impressed with Trey Hopkins against Baltimore.  He’s not as good as Billy Price but he’s way better than Russell Bodine or Eric Ghiaciuc even on their best days.  Frank Pollack just hit the reset button and said, “Next man up!”

Agree....he did better than I expected.  I'm not overly concerned, just talking about the recent run of shitty luck with the injury bug...lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 07:05 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Just means that we need more quality depth on the oline. The team let that area get depleted for quite awhile with bad picks and lame free agent offers.

Price will be back and will play well. Hopkins is getting a work out at the position.

The addition of Pollack has helped.

Remember when some folks were growing tired of the offseason praise of that hire?  Not looking so over the top right now. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 01:03 AM)jorev5 Wrote: Loved when he threw his arms up and down to pump up the crowd as he limped off the field.

Yeah, that was awesome. We need more of that from our players, IMO.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2018, 06:52 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Personally I was impressed with Trey Hopkins against Baltimore.  He’s not as good as Billy Price but he’s way better than Russell Bodine or Eric Ghiaciuc even on their best days.  Frank Pollack just hit the reset button and said, “Next man up!”

Your comment is a hole in one!

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:15 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Your comment is a hole in one!

Hahaha, man I miss this guy. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2018, 11:05 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Yeah, that was awesome. We need more of that from our players, IMO.

Agreed! I know I may read too much into it, but he just comes across as a competitor who isn't scared of anybody. And we were playing Baltimore!

Love having that mindset from a Center. I'm really happy we got him.
Reply/Quote