Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Billy Price making things difficult
Remember when we were told Billy Price had no trade value?

He was just traded for BJ Hill.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Remember when we were told Billy Price had no trade value?

Guess the Kareem injury is pretty serious…
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:21 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Guess the Kareem injury is pretty serious…

Hill is actually a pretty solid young player. Will play end in 3-4 looks kicking inside on 4 down fronts.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: Remember when we were told Billy Price had no trade value?

I guess Trey Hill is making the roster then haha.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Price has zero trade value

Yup, I guess those stat driven posts weren't too reliable  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:29 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I guess Trey Hill is making the roster then haha.

There was a log jam at depth on the interior of the line but Price always seemed to be destined to moving on based on contract and just general sentiment. They got him some good tape in the preseason and parlayed it into a really solid return all things considered.

It worked out about as good as you could have hoped at this point.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:31 PM)Au165 Wrote: There was a log jam at depth on the interior of the line but Price always seemed to be destined to moving on based on contract and just general sentiment. They got him some good tape in the preseason and parlayed it into a really solid return all things considered.

It worked out about as good as you could have hoped at this point.

Hill is still a free agent at the end of this year though. So it's pretty much an even trade, considering we (in theory and hopefully) do not need a back up C as  much as we need depth on the Dline.

My question would be who do they see BJ Hill replacing? Are they making this trade because of the Kareem injury? Or are they not satisfied with Mike Daniels as the backup UT?
Reply/Quote
I remember liking BJ Hill as a mid-round prospect the year he was drafted.
He did rather well as a rookie (5.5 sacks) when he started 12 of 16 games, but he's only started 5 games the past two seasons (none last year).

Happy to see the Bengals get someone of worth for Price.

I also think this could spell the end for Wren and Tupou, possibly Daniels.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Hill is still a free agent at the end of this year though. So it's pretty much an even trade, considering we (in theory and hopefully) do not need a back up C as  much as we need depth on the Dline.

My question would be who do they see BJ Hill replacing? Are they making this trade because of the Kareem injury? Or are they not satisfied with Mike Daniels as the backup UT?

Hard to be satisfied with a guy who is 32 years old and had 0 sacks in 355 snaps (11 starts) last year.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:37 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Hill is still a free agent at the end of this year though. So it's pretty much an even trade, considering we (in theory and hopefully) do not need a back up C as  much as we need depth on the Dline.

I think Mike Daniels is gone and Hill we be your 2nd 3T in.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember liking BJ Hill as a mid-round prospect the year he was drafted.
He did rather well as a rookie (5.5 sacks) when he started 12 of 16 games, but he's only started 5 games the past two seasons (none last year).

Tupo is backup NT, I think he is a lock this however spells bad things for Daniels/Wren.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:37 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I remember liking BJ Hill as a mid-round prospect the year he was drafted.

Same. 

I remember Hill had long arms and good first step but dont know much about him since he enter the league. I think Tupou makes the roster as the backup nose and short/goaline packages. Wren and Daniels definitely on the bubble. Wren played alot of snaps this preseason but didnt make an impact.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 02:40 PM)Au165 Wrote: Tupo is backup NT, I think he is a lock this however spells bad things for Daniels/Wren.

You don't think Shelvin will be that guy? I don't think the Bengals can afford to have 3 NTs on the roster.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: You don't think Shelvin will be that guy? I don't think the Bengals can afford to have 3 NTs on the roster.

Actually on second thought, I think they could keep both as they are going to carry 5 and some of the ends like Hubbrd kick inside to help at 3T so I could see Topou and Shelbin both.
Reply/Quote
The thing is: I don't think price will be the only Bengal Olineman who doesn't make our team getting picked up by someone else.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:19 PM)bfine32 Wrote: The thing is: I don't think price will be the only Bengal Olineman who doesn't make our team getting picked up by someone else.

If Mike Jordan is cut he will be on another roster very quickly as much as people around here hate it.
Reply/Quote
(08-22-2021, 12:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Price has zero trade value

I stand corrected.
Reply/Quote
Who would ever have guessed Price could fetch a better BJ than Dunlap…

Reply/Quote
Former Bengal Center Ben Wilkerson is an assistant offensive line coach with the Giants.
Reply/Quote
(08-30-2021, 03:19 PM)Au165 Wrote: If Mike Jordan is cut he will be on another roster very quickly as much as people around here hate it.

I don't think most people hated the idea of him being on the roster as depth behind actual quality starting Gs. People hated the idea of him being a starter.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote