Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billy Price up to 330 lbs...
(08-13-2020, 05:28 PM)Synric Wrote: Which means absolutely nothing.

It certainly means something

Their market worth reflects how much they're valued across the league.  How they're valued across the league is usually a decent indicator in determining their actual skill level.  This isn't exactly rocket science.

Does this mean he's destined to always be slightly less than John Miller?  No, of course not.  But it can certainly be viewed as a reason to not expect a huge upgrade at the position.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 05:55 PM)Synric Wrote: Teams pay just as much for potential and age as they do skill so using their contract to determine the skill of a player is wrong.

This can be true, for sure.  But John Miller is 26 years old, has 5 years in the league already, and is already on his 4th team. 

He's also coming off a season where he was released  after only 1 year into a 3 year deal. The Bengals had to eat like 2 mil just to move on.

None of the above strikes me as an indicator that this dude may be getting a bump in pay due to potential.

The fact of the matter he's a journeyman, a retread, a band-aid, pick your word choice.  The fact XSF is pretty similar.  In age, and in stops.  Both players are now on the 4th team.  Both players are vets that no one found to be long term options, or worth a high dollar price.

I hope XSF does great here.  But if you think he's automatically an upgrade then I think you're kidding yourself.  These are two pretty similar players as far as potential.
Reply/Quote
Well, Dallas fans seemed to think their line was better with him playing, so there's that.
Reply/Quote
Billy on the Fat Mac diet...

[Image: 243o09.jpg]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 02:46 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: ....as per Lap on the Bengals TC report today.

Ok sure his arms haven't gotten longer and who knows if he's actually any better, but I would NOT be surprised to see him claim the starting RG job this year, for better or worse.

Hopefully it helps him out. He always had a good anchor in college, his technique has been the problem though along with 
his short arms. There have been O-lineman with short arms that have figured out how to adjust and be good Lineman.

So all is not lost with Price just yet.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 04:16 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I just want the guy to come out and be worthy of the 1st round pick they spent on him and hold down his spot on the line.

Be it size, health, footwork, technique, balance, whatever his issues are, it is time for him to step it up and play with a chip on his shoulder and just be pissed every single snap.

DingDing
Reply/Quote
Great, so we now have a 330 lb T-Rex instead of a 310-lb one? Hilarious
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Lets just hope the sun shines on a dogs ass with Price. This would be awesome for our line. J.Williams, Jordan, Hopkins, Price and ???? This would be a nice young line for Burrow with a new RT in the next draft or Johnson if Price could pull off a comeback.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 02:46 PM)Geno_Can_Dunk Wrote: ....as per Lap on the Bengals TC report today.

Ok sure his arms haven't gotten longer and who knows if he's actually any better, but I would NOT be surprised to see him claim the starting RG job this year, for better or worse.

The team's website has him listed at 310...
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 01:13 AM)sandwedge Wrote: The team's website has him listed at 310...

Probably not updated. I’d take Lap’s word on it.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: For some reason this made me think of that first pre-season game in 2018 when we were all talking about how fat Marvin Lewis had gotten.

You mean, "third-trimester Marv", or "Tip over Marv"?   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2020, 04:28 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: 28271469c61ef49046f85e299bb5de9e.jpg]

I remember laughing so hard at this episode I was crying:

Stan:  "Fat ass!"

Cartman's Mom:  "Oh boys, Eric isn't fat, he's just big boned"

Stan:  "He must have a really big bone in his ass"

Cartman's Mom and the other boys: (laughter)

Cartman:  "Maaaaaaaaaaaooooooom!!!!"
Reply/Quote
One thing I will say for Price is that toe/foot injury he sustained is a death sentence for an offensive linemen. Lap said as much. If that is now 100% and he feels like he can carry the added weight, great. I am sure he won't go down (to the bench) without a fight. At least now jobs aren't seemingly being handed to guys because there is no one else.

If Hart showed up with a lot of bad weight and conditioning issues, there are two guys that could push him out of a job. Ditto XSF. Competition always improves the breed. Let's hope we get really good RG play this year if Price is able to win the position.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 01:36 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Probably not updated. I’d take Lap’s word on it.

If he put that weight on in his lower body, then it could be of great benefit to him.  If it's all amassed in his torso, it will likely only exacerbate the balance and technique issues that he was struggling with.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 01:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I remember laughing so hard at this episode I was crying:

Stan:  "Fat ass!"

Cartman's Mom:  "Oh boys, Eric isn't fat, he's just big boned"

Stan:  "He must have a really big bone in his ass"

Cartman's Mom and the other boys: (laughter)

Cartman:  "Maaaaaaaaaaaooooooom!!!!"

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Hilarious

That was also the season (I believe) where Cartman would always say "Screw you guys, I'm going hooommmme".  And if someone started talking to him more, he would abbreviate it:  "Screw you, home".  

I laughed so hard at this show.   Before DVRs and everything, we would race home to watch it and just laugh our asses off.  
Reply/Quote
I will say it looks like his body has changed. I had to do a double take when I first say this photo:

[Image: xl7dwhewmzvujwabgdlu.jpg]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 01:57 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: If he put that weight on in his lower body, then it could be of great benefit to him.  If it's all amassed in his torso, it will likely only exacerbate the balance and technique issues that he was struggling with.

For some reason this made me think of people in the blow up sumo suites trying to get up when knocked down. I keep picturing Price rolling on the field needing help up. Can't stop laughing.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 03:14 PM)WhodeyRay Wrote: For some reason this made me think of people in the blow up sumo suites trying to get up when knocked down. I keep picturing Price rolling on the field needing help up. Can't stop laughing.

Here's a blast from my early childhood days.  "Weebles wobble, but they don't fall down".  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 02:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say it looks like his body has changed. I had to do a double take when I first say this photo:

[Image: xl7dwhewmzvujwabgdlu.jpg]
Whether it works or not we can't say he didn't put in the off season work. That is an impressive human being.
Reply/Quote