Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Billy Price up to 330 lbs...
(08-15-2020, 02:49 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: That was also the season (I believe) where Cartman would always say "Screw you guys, I'm going hooommmme".  And if someone started talking to him more, he would abbreviate it:  "Screw you, home".  

I laughed so hard at this show.   Before DVRs and everything, we would race home to watch it and just laugh our asses off.  

Funny damn show, that is for sure. Smirk

(08-15-2020, 02:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say it looks like his body has changed. I had to do a double take when I first say this photo:

[Image: xl7dwhewmzvujwabgdlu.jpg]

Looking good. Rock On
Reply/Quote
I hope Price does well this year. I am rooting for him.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 03:41 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I hope Price does well this year.  I am rooting for him.

It could happen.  Andre Smith was a complete first round bust after two seasons.  Then he played very well for us.  

Right now all we honestly have on the O-line is a bunch of "hope".  I don't think it is too crazy to hope that a guy taken in the first round can be at least a solid starter.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It could happen.  Andre Smith was a complete first round bust after two seasons.  Then he played very well for us.  

Right now all we honestly have on the O-line is a bunch of "hope".  I don't think it is too crazy to hope that a guy taken in the first round can be at least a solid starter.

I think it at least shows that he knows his performance hasn't been good enough to this point and he's trying to improve.  Admitting you have a problem is always the first step.  My only real concern is if the added weight will exacerbate his foot issues.

Whether he wins a starting spot or not, he will likely have to play meaningful snaps at some point in the season.  Hopefully, he can take a step or two forward.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 02:51 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I will say it looks like his body has changed. I had to do a double take when I first say this photo:

[Image: xl7dwhewmzvujwabgdlu.jpg]

Every picture Jordan is in my eyes go right to him. Man he’s a big boy.

Reply/Quote
Price needed the extra weight. Glad to see him working hard. I haven’t given up on him. If he can stay healthy and reach his potential the Bengals are going to be a lot better than many expected this season.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2020, 05:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: It could happen.  Andre Smith was a complete first round bust after two seasons.  Then he played very well for us.  

And, like Andre, he struggled with injuries early on.  

There is an old saying in the military that "hope is not a strategy".  I think the Bengal's strategy of being dedicated to the guys they have and trying to get the most out of them was the right thing to do and the team started to show signs last year down the stretch...especially in run blocking.  

Add in a more mobile QB, more empty sets, a couple additions for competition, and more time in the system and I think they can be what is needed of them:  serviceable.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2020, 11:11 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: And, like Andre, he struggled with injuries early on.  

There is an old saying in the military that "hope is not a strategy".  I think the Bengal's strategy of being dedicated to the guys they have and trying to get the most out of them was the right thing to do and the team started to show signs last year down the stretch...especially in run blocking.  

Add in a more mobile QB, more empty sets, a couple additions for competition, and more time in the system and I think they can be what is needed of them:  serviceable.  

True and man just saw a little vid of Hubbard going against Jonah and Hubbard had all the moves, quick as hell and still 
Jonah handled him. This could be the biggest deal going for us this year, we might just have a stellar LT again.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 07:04 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True and man just saw a little vid of Hubbard going against Jonah and Hubbard had all the moves, quick as hell and still 
Jonah handled him. This could be the biggest deal going for us this year, we might just have a stellar LT again.

Are you able to share that video?  A little positive energy would go a long way around here..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
What kinda dumps you think some of these guys take?

I know it might sound crass, but it's a serious question. I've heard a lot of OL have to eat up 9,000 calories a day (not a joke) to maintain their weight though the season.

Can you imagine what that does to a toilet? They almost have to cut a few turds lose, flush, then start the process all over.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 08:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Are you able to share that video?  A little positive energy would go a long way around here..

Look on the main page in the Tee Higgins vid on twitter Sunset, lots of good vids on that page.

This board's main page. Not JN.
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 08:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What kinda dumps you think some of these guys take?

I know it might sound crass, but it's a serious question.  I've heard a lot of OL have to eat up 9,000 calories a day (not a joke) to maintain their weight though the season.

Can you imagine what that does to a toilet?  They almost have to cut a few turds lose, flush, then start the process all over.

TMI
Reply/Quote
(08-18-2020, 08:50 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What kinda dumps you think some of these guys take?

I know it might sound crass, but it's a serious question.  I've heard a lot of OL have to eat up 9,000 calories a day (not a joke) to maintain their weight though the season.

Can you imagine what that does to a toilet?  They almost have to cut a few turds lose, flush, then start the process all over.

Not if the player's facilities have those same power flush units that my office building does..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote

I'd assume it would be back like when I was carb loading for the next body builder contest. I just ate many small meals throughout the day and dropped a deuce often throughout the day. I didn't save it up and go once a day. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Well, this thread took a weird turn.
Reply/Quote

On a more serious note i read a story in SI years ago abour the everday life of offensive linemen. They constantly have furniture break when they use it. And they eat insane amounts. One guy talked about going to a seafood buffett and getting water glasses full of melted butter to go with his meal.
Reply/Quote
One of my best friends is the size of an NFL offensive lineman. (He is not, he is just that big) Can't ride rollercoasters etc. when on vacation because the bar won't close over his chest. Like said, he is tough on furniture... and since this thread took that turn earlier, wax rings on toilets.
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 09:50 AM)Earendil Wrote: Well, this thread took a weird turn.

That's what makes this board so awesome.  ThumbsUp
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 01:02 PM)PhilHos Wrote: That's what makes this board so awesome.  ThumbsUp

Poop discussions?

Reply/Quote
(08-19-2020, 01:15 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Poop discussions?

Poop discussions amid serious football discussions, yes.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote