Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy Price update
According the Dehner...he is out of the boot and working on the rehab field. Obviously, after a month off, he is not likely to play this week

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Maybe after the bye week Price will play.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 02:45 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: Maybe after the bye week Price will play.

Sounds likely, and might have been the "quiet" plan all along.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This is good news. I think down the stretch he will continue to gel with the offensive line and they will continue to improve.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 03:21 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: This is good news.  I think down the stretch he will continue to gel with the offensive line and they will continue to improve.

This.  Unfortunately he will have lost valuable game experience during his rookie season.  

But that's okay, he can get 3 or 4 of those back in the post-season!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I'm interested to see what the plan is once he comes back. Redmond has not done very well. Perhaps Hopkins kicks over to RG?
Reply/Quote
Redmond is fine.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 05:43 PM)Beaker Wrote: Redmond is fine.

No he’s not. Takes way too many penalties, and gives up a ton of pressures. He’s even rated below Hart by PFF...

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 09:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: No he’s not. Takes way too many penalties, and gives up a ton of pressures. He’s even rated below Hart by PFF...

Cry about him all that you like, but Max Montoya ain't walking out of that tunnel on Sunday Night, Alex Redmond is.  Sure, he's having his fair share of growing pains, but oh, his good plays are so good.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
The interior offensive line is far from our biggest weakness. Specifically Redmond, while not spectacular, has carried his weight with what he has been asked to do.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 10:20 PM)JumboTron Wrote: The interior offensive line is far from our biggest weakness. Specifically Redmond, while not spectacular, has carried his weight with what he has been asked to do.

I think the right side overall is in the running for our biggest weakness. LB and NT are up there too.

Reply/Quote
Sounds like he almost had a Lisfranc injury. Good thing it was just a partial ligament tear or he would have been out for the year.
Reply/Quote
Certainly hope Price can return after Bye week.

We definitely need him.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Just keep Hopkins at center (doing a good job) and replace Redmond with Price?
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2018, 10:31 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I think the right side overall is in the running for our biggest weakness. LB and NT are up there too.

It started that way early in the season, but Hart has improved and so has Redmond.  I think both of them are very young and are gaining valuable experience playing together.  The rushing attack has been leaps and bounds better than last year.  

I would love to see a game-by-game breakdown of the linemen through PFF...

NT and LB are huge issues on the defense and the safety play opposite Bates has also been disappointing. 
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 07:52 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It started that way early in the season, but Hart has improved and so has Redmond.  I think both of them are very young and are gaining valuable experience playing together.  The rushing attack has been leaps and bounds better than last year.  

I would love to see a game-by-game breakdown of the linemen through PFF...

NT and LB are huge issues on the defense and the safety play opposite Bates has also been disappointing. 

I agree, particularly about Redmond.  Sure, he's had his share of penalties, and given up some pressures.  But, when he gets onto his man first?  That man is out of the play.  I have a feeling that once Price gets settled back into the starting unit, we will see a dramatic uptick in rushing yards between the tackles.

As for the problems at NT and LB, they go hand in hand.  A good NT allows the LBs to roam free and play downhill, by consuming two blockers.  When that isn't happening, any weaknesses at LB are exacerbated by them constantly having a Guard or Center in their face.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I’ll just have to agree to disagree on Redmond. I don’t think he’s the long term answer at RG. Maybe a serviceable backup, but I hope we draft someone better.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 08:27 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, particularly about Redmond.  Sure, he's had his share of penalties, and given up some pressures.  But, when he gets onto his man first?  That man is out of the play.  I have a feeling that once Price gets settled back into the starting unit, we will see a dramatic uptick in rushing yards between the tackles.

As for the problems at NT and LB, they go hand in hand.  A good NT allows the LBs to roam free and play downhill, by consuming two blockers.  When that isn't happening, any weaknesses at LB are exacerbated by them constantly having a Guard or Center in their face.

With respect to Center and Price, I think as the weather slowly turns the rushing attack will become a more integral part of the attack.  We have away games at Cleveland, pitt, and Balt late in the year as well.  I think getting Price back and having Redmond and Hart's ability to drive block will be a big factor.

I wish there was a veteran FA like when we got the incredibly out of shape, yet still effective, Sam Adams that the Bengals could plug in at NT.  I bet a lot of folks won't admit that we miss Peko.  To be fair, I think Peko really stepped up his work when he was no re-signed.  

I can't figure out Billings.  One minute he looks like a world beater and another he just gets washed out...
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 09:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With respect to Center and Price, I think as the weather slowly turns the rushing attack will become a more integral part of the attack.  We have away games at Cleveland, pitt, and Balt late in the year as well.  I think getting Price back and having Redmond and Hart's ability to drive block will be a big factor.

I wish there was a veteran FA like when we got the incredibly out of shape, yet still effective, Sam Adams that the Bengals could plug in at NT.  I bet a lot of folks won't admit that we miss Peko.  To be fair, I think Peko really stepped up his work when he was no re-signed.  

I can't figure out Billings.  One minute he looks like a world beater and another he just gets washed out...

Not sure if he's still on the market, but Sylvester Williams was unsigned, as of a few weeks into the season.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2018, 09:50 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: With respect to Center and Price, I think as the weather slowly turns the rushing attack will become a more integral part of the attack.  We have away games at Cleveland, pitt, and Balt late in the year as well.  I think getting Price back and having Redmond and Hart's ability to drive block will be a big factor.

Agree with rushing attack becoming more important as weather turns in the AFCN games and in playoffs too. 

Always loved Peko personally and never understood the hate. He did his job by eating two blockers and growing roots and not being pushed against his will anywhere. It is not that people do not want to admit they miss him as much as they are unwilling to admit being so wrong on how easy he would be to replace. Team even got the man most wanted in Billings but filling Peko's shoes is not easy at this level. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote