Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price updated information as well as osu pro day news.
(03-26-2018, 02:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: It's utep not a major school. 

And?  You can't tell me that these coaches aren't decent.  It's division 1.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 02:33 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: And?  You can't tell me that these coaches aren't decent.  It's division 1.

Decent yes. But it's not osu it bama coaches that know what it's gonna take at the next level. 
Reply/Quote
Billy Price looks a lot like the actor Ethan Suplee (used to).
[Image: pSuISAZl-720.jpg]
[Image: af928f434d35ec84256ecc9d807ebca2-original.jpg]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2018, 07:12 PM)Jpoore Wrote: billy price in an interview, said he would be full go, lifting weights, 100 percent by June. Also said he met with the Bengals at the NFL combine(not sure if we knew this or not). As far as other buckeye players, Sam Hubbard I believe locked in his top 50 selection. Tyquan Lewis is gonna be a steal late. Denzel ward unless something insane happens will go top 10.

Coaches there were Marvin Lewis, teryl Austin, Jacob Burney, and Robert Livingston.

Odd that Neither Lazor nor Pollack were present.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2018, 02:59 PM)Shady Wrote: Agreed on Evans and Edmunds. Either would be hard to pass up at 21. BUT....we have to be honest. There is a big drop off in OT talent between 21 and 46 and between 46 and 77, and we need a RT as much as we need a Center. Hart sucked for the Giants. Fischer hasn't shown much for us. If McGlinchey is there, I think we have to take him. I don't like it, but I think that's the way it is.

If McGlinchey is gone, then we could go LB, though I'd be tempted to take DE/DT Tevan Bryan.

I think that we could get a starting C at 46.  

We are definitely on the same page here. McGlinchey could come in and start right away at RT and represent a huge upgrade. The Bengals took their last starting center in the fourth round, but they value tackle high enough to taken McGlinchey if he isntjere at 21. That being said, I think he is long gone. Do they feel strongly about Colton Miller? I think it will come down to Miller vs. Price at 21. I would rather have Price, as he is the nasty leader with power in the middle. But if I’m guessing along with the rest of us at what I think the team would do, I would probably bet on Miller, and hope Ragnow is still there in Rd 2.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 11:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Odd that Neither Lazor nor Pollack were present.

That is, there are only 2 Buckeyes going in RD1, Ward and Hubbard. Outside of those 2, I see Holmes and Baker possibly not going before the 4th RD. The only reason I see Burney there is, Sprinkle. I haven't seen anything on him, not even sure if he came out?  Hopefully Merv though kept an eye on Billy!
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We are definitely on the same page here.  McGlinchey could come in and start right away at RT and represent a huge upgrade.  The Bengals took their last starting center in the fourth round, but they value tackle high enough to taken McGlinchey if he isntjere at 21.  That being said, I think he is long gone.  Do they feel strongly about Colton Miller?  I think it will come down to Miller vs. Price at 21.  I would rather have Price, as he is the nasty leader with power in the middle.  But if I’m guessing along with the rest of us at what I think the team would do, I would probably bet on Miller, and hope Ragnow is still there in Rd 2.

I wasn't as high on Kolton Miller early on because i saw him get beat a bit at UCLA but if you look at the stats he had less
sacks allowed than McGlinchey with more snaps and didn't play next to an elite talent like Quinton Nelson.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 11:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Odd that Neither Lazor nor Pollack were present.

My first thought as well. I wanted to see Pollack's name there, that would of said a lot.

Just hope Marv was looking for him but Marv is a Defensive guy, so i just hope Pollack is watching a lot of film of Billy.
Reply/Quote

I thought the same.  But I think they met with him at the Combine, and not too much else for them to figure out about him till he's physically ready to work out.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 12:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That is, there are only 2 Buckeyes going in RD1, Ward and Hubbard. Outside of those 2, I see Holmes and Baker possibly not going before the 4th RD. The only reason I see Burney there is, Sprinkle. I haven't seen anything on him, not even sure if he came out?  Hopefully Merv though kept an eye on Billy!

Sprinkle was a 5th year Senior, he's done.  Tearing up his knee in the 1st game of the 2016 season really killed his development.  He was a rotational player on an absolutely loaded DL in 2015, and was expected to step up and assume a leadership role in '16.  He stayed healthy for the entire season, this year, but didn't really knock it out of the park.  That could have been due to gaining confidence in the reconstructed knee?

He was voted a team captain by he teammates, so that tells you plenty about his personality/locker room presence.  If I had to guess, I'd say that late 5th or even 6th round is a good spot to draft Tracy Sprinkle.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 04:31 PM)3wt Wrote: I thought the same.  But I think they met with him at the Combine, and not too much else for them to figure out about him till he's physically ready to work out.

Just heard from Ocho we were at Ragnow's Pro Day.

Early availability could give him the edge and Ragnow was impressive.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2018, 06:48 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Decent yes. But it's not osu it bama coaches that know what it's gonna take at the next level. 

You mean Sean Kugler? UTEPs former HC and currently the Denver Broncos offensive line coach?
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 12:02 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: We are definitely on the same page here.  McGlinchey could come in and start right away at RT and represent a huge upgrade.  The Bengals took their last starting center in the fourth round, but they value tackle high enough to taken McGlinchey if he isntjere at 21.  That being said, I think he is long gone.  Do they feel strongly about Colton Miller?  I think it will come down to Miller vs. Price at 21.  I would rather have Price, as he is the nasty leader with power in the middle.  But if I’m guessing along with the rest of us at what I think the team would do, I would probably bet on Miller, and hope Ragnow is still there in Rd 2.

I think it was Marvin who said something about us not having a very "sexy" draft. By that, I think he meant we'd be looking at filling the trenches with talent to jumpstart what's been a less than impressive offense since 2015 before Andy went down against the Freaking Steelers of all teams. We've been mediocre at best since then. It's about time that this organization addresses what's been holding it back under PA. PA could coach decent enough Pass pro, but we've sucked at running the ball for more than 10 years.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 12:04 PM)sandwedge Wrote: That is, there are only 2 Buckeyes going in RD1, Ward and Hubbard. Outside of those 2, I see Holmes and Baker possibly not going before the 4th RD. The only reason I see Burney there is, Sprinkle. I haven't seen anything on him, not even sure if he came out?  Hopefully Merv though kept an eye on Billy!

What about Tyquan Lewis? Burney may have been there to see him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 05:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Just heard from Ocho we were at Ragnow's Pro Day.

Early availability could give him the edge and Ragnow was impressive.

Source for those who like links - https://www.cincyjungle.com/platform/amp/2018/3/28/17172624/bengals-arkansas-razorbacks-pro-day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 08:23 PM)Shady Wrote: I think it was Marvin who said something about us not having a very "sexy" draft. By that, I think he meant we'd be looking at filling the trenches with talent to jumpstart what's been a less than impressive offense since 2015 before Andy went down against the Freaking Steelers of all teams. We've been mediocre at best since then. It's about time that this organization addresses what's been holding it back under PA. PA could coach decent enough Pass pro, but we've sucked at running the ball for more than 10 years.

Troy Blackburn has also been talking about the O-line needing improvement to help out Andy and the boys.

I think it is beyond smoke at this point.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2018, 08:23 PM)Shady Wrote: I think it was Marvin who said something about us not having a very "sexy" draft. By that, I think he meant we'd be looking at filling the trenches with talent to jumpstart what's been a less than impressive offense since 2015

I know what he means but it sounds pretty sexy to me. I’m over here making boners.

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 01:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Troy Blackburn has also been talking about the O-line needing improvement to help out Andy and the boys.

I think it is beyond smoke at this point.

We know that there are always players who fall in the draft for various reasons. We're not afraid to take risks (Burfict, Mixon). At this point, I have to say I have know idea what they're going to do. LOL. I kind of hope it's Trevan Bryan in 1 and Billy Price in 2. But I'd be totally cool with an OT in the first 2 rounds instead of a defensive player. A center is non-negotiable.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 02:49 PM)Shady Wrote: We know that there are always players who fall in the draft for various reasons. We're not afraid to take risks (Burfict, Mixon). At this point, I have to say I have know idea what they're going to do. LOL. I kind of hope it's Trevan Bryan in 1 and Billy Price in 2. But I'd be totally cool with an OT in the first 2 rounds instead of a defensive player. A center is non-negotiable.

Yeah i would be fine with about anyone if we got Ragnow or Price lol

The rest is gravy, Taven Bryan would be fine with me as well, can play End and DT.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2018, 02:49 PM)Shady Wrote: We know that there are always players who fall in the draft for various reasons. We're not afraid to take risks (Burfict, Mixon). At this point, I have to say I have know idea what they're going to do. LOL. I kind of hope it's Trevan Bryan in 1 and Billy Price in 2. But I'd be totally cool with an OT in the first 2 rounds instead of a defensive player. A center is non-negotiable.

Absolutely. I don’t think they can risk not getting Price or Ragnow.

They are giving Fisher another chance and he will compete with Hart at RT. We have options at Guard, with Westerman and Redmond, but Center is beyond a huge need. I am just thankful there are a couple solid choices.
Reply/Quote