Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Billy price updated information as well as osu pro day news.
(03-30-2018, 05:44 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Absolutely. I don’t think they can risk not getting Price or Ragnow.  

They are giving Fisher another chance and he will compete with Hart at RT.  We have options at Guard, with Westerman and Redmond, but Center is beyond a huge need.  I am just thankful there are a couple solid choices.

And if it has to be one I'm all for Ragnow at this point.   I keep reading good stuff about him, and I'm hearing things that concern me about Price (see link below).

If we are able to get McGinchley in the first I say get him and settle for less at the pivot.

But if he's gone I want Ragnow.

We need to reliably shore up the interior or the edges.   Those two players get it done.  For me Price is not a first round guy anymore.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/31/17170812/nfl-draft-2018-billy-price-cant-walk-on-water-but-will-keep-you-afloat
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 02:52 PM)3wt Wrote: And if it has to be one I'm all for Ragnow at this point.   I keep reading good stuff about him, and I'm hearing things that concern me about Price (see link below).

If we are able to get McGinchley in the first I say get him and settle for less at the pivot.

But if he's gone I want Ragnow.

We need to reliably shore up the interior or the edges.   Those two players get it done.  For me Price is not a first round guy anymore.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/3/31/17170812/nfl-draft-2018-billy-price-cant-walk-on-water-but-will-keep-you-afloat

Ragnow has moved to the the forefront with me as well. My #1 pick i want in this Draft.

Still like Price a lot though and he would do more than just keep us afloat. Dude is a great smart, physical run blocker that can
obliviate Defenders at times and is good in pass protection. Would be extremely happy with either.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 03:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Ragnow has moved to the the forefront with me as well. My #1 pick i want in this Draft.

Still like Price a lot though and he would do more than just keep us afloat. Dude is a great smart, physical run blocker that can
obliviate Defenders at times and is good in pass protection. Would be extremely happy with either.

The run blocking talent is a positive thing with Price no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 03:04 PM)3wt Wrote: The run blocking talent is a positive thing with Price no doubt.

The ability to confidently run a QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and short is a good card to have in one's pocket.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 06:18 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The ability to confidently run a QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and short is a good card to have in one's pocket.

Can't do that no more though. The qb always lowers his head. Instant penalty lol.
Reply/Quote
Pretty sure Price and Ragnow will be good players and have good careers...for someone else. We will not use a first on a C and both will be gone before our second pick. Man love for these two is just a road to disappointment. Our new C will be TJJ, Hopkins, Westerman or some fourth rounder most of us have never heard of.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 08:35 PM)McC Wrote: Pretty sure Price and Ragnow will be good players and have good careers...for someone else.  We will not use a first on a C and both will be gone before our second pick.  Man love for these two is just a road to disappointment.   Our new C will be TJJ, Hopkins, Westerman or some fourth rounder most of us have never heard of.

Honestly I could see Cole in the third.
Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 03:56 PM)3wt Wrote: Honestly I could see Cole in the third.
Would we be happy with Cole?

Just want to express how happy I would be to eat my words.  Not at all what I'm hoping for, believe me.  Just what I'm expecting and what I have a weird gut feeling about.

If having the OLine derail the whole train for two straight years isn't enough to go all out to fix it, I don't know what would.  If it's me, the first two picks should be devoted to it.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(04-02-2018, 07:05 PM)McC Wrote: Would we be happy with Cole?

Just want to express how happy I would be to eat my words.  Not at all what I'm hoping for, believe me.  Just what I'm expecting and what I have a weird gut feeling about.

If having the OLine derail the whole train for two straight years isn't enough to go all out to fix it, I don't know what would.  If it's me, the first two picks should be devoted to it.

No, I don't think we should be happy with Cole.  And I would like to get 2 really good offensive linemen in this draft,  including one of the top 3 centers.

I'm really hoping we don't do anything funky in this draft.
Reply/Quote

(04-03-2018, 12:12 AM)3wt Wrote: No, I don't think we should be happy with Cole.  And I would like to get 2 really good offensive linemen in this draft,  including one of the top 3 centers.

You two are not the only ones to have these thoughts. The team will have to go out of its way to screw up this draft, and bypassing a center and a tackle would be how they could do it. This year could be one of the great ones for the Marvin Lewis era, or it could be an almost deal-breaker for at least a few fans. 
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote

Agreed.  The history of the Bengals not investing in certain position groups in Rd 1 has not yielded them any championships.  They need to build the line from the inside out.  They tried to address the tackle spots, but whiffed on both.  They simply can't get by hoping later round picks pan out.  The Glenn trade was a great first step, but they still have massive holes at Center and RT.  Address those and watch all the investments spent on Mixon, Gio, AJ Green, Ross, and Eifert pay off.  
Reply/Quote
Like I've been saying for months, as have a lot of people... PURE LEADER! He was micded up and he's teaching the backups what to do. He would be the leader of this oline. Was always telling our guards what to fix during games in college.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/status/980856412711550976?s=19
Reply/Quote
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2018/03/10/nfl-draft-profile-no-47-ohio-state-c-billy-price/aklm6dk/
Reply/Quote

(04-03-2018, 12:12 AM)3wt Wrote: No, I don't think we should be happy with Cole.  And I would like to get 2 really good offensive linemen in this draft,  including one of the top 3 centers.

(04-03-2018, 12:19 AM)wildcats forever Wrote: You two are not the only ones to have these thoughts. The team will have to go out of its way to screw up this draft, and bypassing a center and a tackle would be how they could do it. This year could be one the great ones for the Marvin Lewis era, or it could be an almost deal-breaker for at least a few fans. 

If ever there was a year to focus the draft on the fundamentals of football, blocking and tackling, this would be it.  They say that the way to build a championship team is to start with the players closest to the ball, and work outward from there.  There is plenty of weaponry on the offense to put up big points, just need the blocking to improve.  We have a defense with plenty of star power, but they are getting older and more expensive by the minute.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Who really thinks they should take Price but then go and draft some backup player instead?

This is one position that they NEED a day one starter.

Idiot sandwich on rye anyone??

[Image: raw]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I have said this before, but will repeat, the game is so different between college and the pros, very few if any o.l. players are able to do great job the first two years. A good example of this, Bodine and Robinson, both were great in college, put to work in the pros the first year, not so good.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 07:31 PM)SYLVIA Wrote: I have said this before, but will repeat, the game is so different between college and the pros, very few if any o.l. players are able to do great job the first two years. A good example of this, Bodine and Robinson, both were great in college, put to work in the pros the first year, not so good.

He's gotta be better that TJ frickin' Johnson though... right?!?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 07:35 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: He's gotta be better that TJ frickin' Johnson though... right?!?

Hell yeah, TJ Johnson has had 5 years to crack the starting lineup.  So far?  Crickets.  Mellow

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2018, 05:52 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Like I've been saying for months, as have a lot of people... PURE LEADER! He was micded up and he's teaching the backups what to do. He would be the leader of this oline. Was always telling our guards what to fix during games in college.

https://twitter.com/JReidDraftScout/status/980856412711550976?s=19

Ever since Whitworth left, there does seem to be a void when it comes to leadership (at least on the offense line).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-31-2018, 08:35 PM)McC Wrote: Pretty sure Price and Ragnow will be good players and have good careers...for someone else.  We will not use a first on a C and both will be gone before our second pick.  Man love for these two is just a road to disappointment.   Our new C will be TJJ, Hopkins, Westerman or some fourth rounder most of us have never heard of.

I said the samething in another post awhile back. We are going to be disappointed, just a gut feeling. We all just read how the Bengals are giving Johnson and Hopkins a shot at center. Our old way of making sure everyone is "comfy", is just dumbest business model a business can have. As others have said, if they couldn't beat out Bodine, then they just are not very good. Time to stop settling for below average and go for very good!
No I wouldn't be happy with Cole at center either..... 
Reply/Quote