Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bizzare Fathers Day
Sorry for your loss, Fred.

I never really used to notice all of the Father's Day ads. They were just background noise. But when My father died 5+ years ago, it seemed like the ads were suddenly everywhere, and I finally understood all of the people that have lost parents and feel sad when Mother's/Father's Day rolls around.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 08:25 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: When deaths of close family members connect with holidays like that it can be a very...I am not sure if I have a word for it. I have a cousin that was struck by a car and killed on my fifth birthday and that alone has been interesting in my life. One of my employees will not celebrate her birthday. Most people think it is because of her age, but it's because her father died on her birthday.

My condolences, Fred, and I pray that you will find the strength to still celebrate fathers' day and find joy in it.

This is true.  We lost my wife's father just a few days before Christmas a few years ago.  
Christmas just doesn't feel like it should anymore.

Condolences to you and your family Fred.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 01:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My dad died Saturday morning. The day before Fathers Day. Really bizzare to see all these tributes to fathers on TV the day after my dad died.

Real sorry for your loss.
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss fred. I can't imagine how horrible it must feel right now. Hope you can at least enjoy the day with your daughters.
Reply/Quote
(06-20-2016, 01:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: My dad died Saturday morning.  The day before Fathers Day.  Really bizzare to see all these tributes to fathers on TV the day after my dad died.

Sorry for your loss. May his memory be a blessing.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
Sorry for your loss.
Reply/Quote