Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Monday WILL Come Early
Something will change tomorrow. Everyone including Stevie Wonder can see how absolutely awful the Bengals are, especially on offense. I think the pink slips will fly like those little metal foil thingies in that “Twister” movie.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is worse than the 1990s. There is no credible offensive game plan, horrible execution, and the play calling is worse than a high school team.

This plan isn’t working and the Bengals have clearly regressed since last season. I thought 2019 was bad but 2020 is far worse. AJ Green is injured and has no right to be taking snaps. DJ Reader is out for the season. Geno Atkins is slow and not himself either. Joe Mixon is hitting more butts than a proctologist. This is the all time worst offensive line in NFL history. They can’t run block or pass protect; the performance against Jacksonville was clearly a fluke.

Worst of all — and this is terrible — the current offensive coaching staff has effectively ruined Joe Burrow. That’s right: Joe Freakin’ Burrow, the greatest once in a generation quarterback rarely seen in the NFL. The remainder of the Bengals’ 2020 schedule only gets worse. We still have to play Baltimore again, Cleveland again, and the Steelers twice. I don’t want Joe Burrow to be carted off the field.

Mike Brown isn’t stupid. He’ll choose to protect his franchise quarterback over any coaching staff member. This will be the last time he ever spends so lavishly in free agency, too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Tomorrow?
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5580217]

Reply/Quote
Burrow isn't ruined.

But yes, one of the worst offensive lines I have ever seen. Someone needs to fall on the sword for this. Now.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
All of the above.

But nothing is going to happen.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Something will change tomorrow.  Everyone including Stevie Wonder can see how absolutely awful the Bengals are, especially on offense.  I think the pink slips will fly like those little metal foil thingies in that “Twister” movie.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is worse than the 1990s.  There is no credible offensive game plan, horrible execution, and the play calling is worse than a high school team.

This plan isn’t working and the Bengals have clearly regressed since last season.  I thought 2019 was bad but 2020 is far worse.  AJ Green is injured and has no right to be taking snaps.  DJ Reader is out for the season.  Geno Atkins is slow and not himself either.  Joe Mixon is hitting more butts than a proctologist.  This is the all time worst offensive line in NFL history.  They can’t run block or pass protect; the performance against Jacksonville was clearly a fluke.

Worst of all — and this is terrible — the current offensive coaching staff has effectively ruined Joe Burrow.  That’s right: Joe Freakin’ Burrow, the greatest once in a generation quarterback rarely seen in the NFL.  The remainder of the Bengals’ 2020 schedule only gets worse.  We still have to play Baltimore again, Cleveland again, and the Steelers twice.  I don’t want Joe Burrow to be carted off the field.

Mike Brown isn’t stupid.  He’ll choose to protect his franchise quarterback over any coaching staff member.  This will be the last time he ever spends so lavishly in free agency, too.
A lot of Joe Burrow fans at LSU and around the country didn't want him to come to the Bengals because of what's going on now at this poorly run organization.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:22 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: A lot of Joe Burrow fans at LSU and around the country didn't want him to come to the Bengals because of what's going on now at this poorly run organization.

To be honest, I was a skeptic too and I wanted the Bengals to trade the pick because I knew Joe Burrow alone would not turn the offense around. Now don’t misquote me or read anything into this statement which isn’t there. I thought Andy Dalton outlived his usefulness in Cincinnati and moving on from him was the right thing to do. I’m glad Joe Burrow is a Bengal — but I’m sorry he has arrived at this point in Bengals’ history. He deserves better.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:22 PM)Always a Bengal Wrote: A lot of Joe Burrow fans at LSU and around the country didn't want him to come to the Bengals because of what's going on now at this poorly run organization.

Yeah, it’s funny how the organization decided to prove the doubters wrong by investing in the defense? The Blackburn’s are as clueless as MB.

Not that the D didn’t need help, but if you want to prove Cincy was the right place for Burrow, you spend the money on the offense this year.
Reply/Quote

Well eff them. I didn’t want Dobbins to go to Baltimore because they are Baltimore.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
What stood out to me is no gameplan offensively. Taylor knows they are a heavily blitzing team and yet there was nothing there to counteract. Just ignore the fact the line sucks, the playcalling might be worse. I saw next to no quick slants or TE seam routes. The middle of the field was wide open with Balt bringing sometimes 6-7 guys and alas, no quick hits. Most routes appreared to be 10-15 yards downfield. Mind boggling really. Coach Taylor needs to be a man and give up playcalling duties.
Reply/Quote
If something happens tomorrow I'll doordash you lunch
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Ravens over matched us on OL thus no QB, RB or skill player would have looked good today.

I was impressed with the toughness of Joe Burrow, he took a ton of licks, but he got up and gave his all.

He actually took responsibility for holding ball too long in press conference. Joe B. is a winner, we need to surround him with a good to great OL and he will show us all he is special.

Burrow is not done, he is on a journey that will take him to greatness.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
They won’t do that to a rookie QB, especially a #1 pick. Not no way, not no how. It would completely alienate him mentally from the organization for the rest of his career.
Reply/Quote
Tomorrow will just be back to the drawing board and on to the browns. Nothing else will happen. This is the bengals. We were so close in this one the fans just can’t see that. We were one play away from blowing this up. We had them just where we wanted them. The plan was intact. We just ran out of time. Need to manage time better. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Something will change tomorrow.  Everyone including Stevie Wonder can see how absolutely awful the Bengals are, especially on offense.  I think the pink slips will fly like those little metal foil thingies in that “Twister” movie.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is worse than the 1990s.  There is no credible offensive game plan, horrible execution, and the play calling is worse than a high school team.

This plan isn’t working and the Bengals have clearly regressed since last season.  I thought 2019 was bad but 2020 is far worse.  AJ Green is injured and has no right to be taking snaps.  DJ Reader is out for the season.  Geno Atkins is slow and not himself either.  Joe Mixon is hitting more butts than a proctologist.  This is the all time worst offensive line in NFL history.  They can’t run block or pass protect; the performance against Jacksonville was clearly a fluke.

Worst of all — and this is terrible — the current offensive coaching staff has effectively ruined Joe Burrow.  That’s right: Joe Freakin’ Burrow, the greatest once in a generation quarterback rarely seen in the NFL.  The remainder of the Bengals’ 2020 schedule only gets worse.  We still have to play Baltimore again, Cleveland again, and the Steelers twice.  I don’t want Joe Burrow to be carted off the field.

Mike Brown isn’t stupid.  He’ll choose to protect his franchise quarterback over any coaching staff member.  This will be the last time he ever spends so lavishly in free agency, too.

Sorry brother, but you're talking about the same guy who gave Shula a 2 year extension after going 8-24, tried to talk Coslet out of quitting after a run where they were 5-25, wasn't happy about replacing LeBeau after a 2 win season, and gave Marvin multiple extensions after embarrassing playoff losses and 16 years without winning a postseason game. Mike is a different kind of cat.
Reply/Quote

Bengals got throttled by a team they were supposed to get throttled by. Nothing is going to happen tomorrow, Burrow is not ruined. They took a chance on AJ, didn't work, Geno has been injured and only participated in 19 of 62 possible snaps so if he played poorly not a shocker, and Mixon is a civilian casualty to the awful line that everyone already knows about. The only thing I could realistically see happening would be Turner being let go, probably not tomorrow though. Now if the next few games looks just as bad I could see some major shakeups happening, otherwise Mikey B is gonna Mikey B. 
Confucius say, he who go to bed with itchy butt wake up with smelly finger.
Reply/Quote
You must be new here.
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how it helps to get rid of Taylor Monday. I guess you could replace him with Simmons. They're better off letting the season play out and having a larger pool of coaches to draw from. Someone will want to come here and coach Burrow. I don't want an interim coach winning 2 or 3 games, thus justifying enough improvement for the organization to stand pat with him when it's over.

Anarumo has earned a stay of execution.

Turner has not. He's awful, and he's dug in with some really awful players. I'd take him as a temporary sacrificial lamb (goat) for now.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:22 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Tomorrow will just be back to the drawing board and on to the browns.  Nothing else will happen.  This is the bengals. We were so close in this one the fans just can’t see that.  We were one play away from blowing this up.  We had them just where we wanted them. The plan was intact.  We just ran out of time.  Need to manage time better.  Who Dey

We play the Colts next. 

As far as this thread in general goes, yeah I doubt anything happens tomorrow. The soonest I could see a coach getting fired is the bye week, an frankly probably not until the offseason. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 09:22 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Sorry brother, but you're talking about the same guy who gave Shula a 2 year extension after going 8-24, tried to talk Coslet out of quitting after a run where they were 5-25, wasn't happy about replacing LeBeau after a 2 win season, and gave Marvin multiple extensions after embarrassing playoff losses and 16 years without winning a postseason game. Mike is a different kind of cat.

And again, there is no evidence that MB fired Marvin Lewis.  We wanted to believe that MB was sick of Marvin losing and fired him to bring in a new HC to revitalize this team but neither side of that pipe dream seems to be true.

Black Monday coming early for ZT would mean MB fires him before he turns 100 (Mike Brown turns 100, not ZT).
Reply/Quote