Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Monday WILL Come Early
(10-11-2020, 11:52 PM)CorpusChristiBengal Wrote: By the way, are the "Joe Burrow is ruined" people serious? Watson is fine and took a record amount of hits under fcking BoB. Wilson had to deal with a hot garbage OL for years.
Good QBs can deal with a bad situation for a while.

Bad coaching and a bad line. Bob is way better coach than Taylor not even close IMO.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Something will change tomorrow.  Everyone including Stevie Wonder can see how absolutely awful the Bengals are, especially on offense.  I think the pink slips will fly like those little metal foil thingies in that “Twister” movie.

Ladies and gentlemen, this is worse than the 1990s.  There is no credible offensive game plan, horrible execution, and the play calling is worse than a high school team.

This plan isn’t working and the Bengals have clearly regressed since last season.  I thought 2019 was bad but 2020 is far worse.  AJ Green is injured and has no right to be taking snaps.  DJ Reader is out for the season.  Geno Atkins is slow and not himself either.  Joe Mixon is hitting more butts than a proctologist.  This is the all time worst offensive line in NFL history.  They can’t run block or pass protect; the performance against Jacksonville was clearly a fluke.

Worst of all — and this is terrible — the current offensive coaching staff has effectively ruined Joe Burrow.  That’s right: Joe Freakin’ Burrow, the greatest once in a generation quarterback rarely seen in the NFL.  The remainder of the Bengals’ 2020 schedule only gets worse.  We still have to play Baltimore again, Cleveland again, and the Steelers twice.  I don’t want Joe Burrow to be carted off the field.

Mike Brown isn’t stupid.  He’ll choose to protect his franchise quarterback over any coaching staff member.  This will be the last time he ever spends so lavishly in free agency, too.
I was felling you until you said "Mike Brown isn't stupid".  Yes he is stupid, very stupid in fact.  His loyalty will prevent him from making any changes.  He will give the inept ZT another year even when others can see this dude is way over his head.

If he were smart he'd show ZT the door and promote Simmons immediately to interim HC.  He is not and thus he won't.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
It's 9:15 am, any news yet? Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:15 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's 9:15 am, any news yet?   Ninja

Mr Brown is home waiting for Vin Lombardi and Tom Landry to return his calls to see if they want the job. 
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 07:15 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Ladies and gentlemen, this is worse than the 1990s.  

Were you there in the 90's, cause this is nothing like the 90's. The 90's were a hopeless time where fans felt lucky to get 2 wins a year. This is a time where we have a new franchise QB, and while we are struggling with the o-line, the rest of the team is young and getting better with every game. We are not being embarrassed on every outing, most losses are within a score. Stop the drama.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Were you there in the 90's, cause this is nothing like the 90's. The 90's were a hopeless time where fans felt lucky to get 2 wins a year. This is a time where we have a new franchise QB, and while we are struggling with the o-line, the rest of the team is young and getting better with every game. We are not being embarrassed on every outing, most losses are within a score. Stop the drama.

That's funny you say that. Tim Mcgee was doing post game work and he said it felt like 90's. Definitely not president of Zac Taylor fan club.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Were you there in the 90's, cause this is nothing like the 90's. The 90's were a hopeless time where fans felt lucky to get 2 wins a year. This is a time where we have a new franchise QB, and while we are struggling with the o-line, the rest of the team is young and getting better with every game. We are not being embarrassed on every outing, most losses are within a score. Stop the drama.

I was definitely there in the 1990s, Sled. Akili Smith was supposed to be a franchise quarterback. So was David Klingler. I am not sure the Bengals will get two wins this year because no team we play is as horrible as Jacksonville. I can legitimately see 1-14-1 happening and this is a tragedy.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:29 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: That's funny you say that. Tim Mcgee was doing post game work and he said it felt like 90's. Definitely not president of Zac Taylor fan club.

Drama queens. The 90's were a hopeless time. Does anyone really feel like this is a hopeless time for the Bengals, because I think it's growing pains of what will be a tremendous time.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Drama queens. The 90's were a hopeless time. Does anyone really feel like this is a hopeless time for the Bengals, because I think it's growing pains of what will be a tremendous time.

He said Burrow reminds him of Klingler. Klingler had so much talent but was ruined by terrible coaching. Throwing veterans under the bus and Terrible line play said they could ruin Burrow if Mike doesn't take action soon.
Reply/Quote

Not sure why you think we’re going to win much more than 2 games.

I see two more possible wins on our schedule. Washington and NY. That’s a 3 win season. That following up a 2 win season would absolutely be a return to the dark days of the 90’s.

And people really need to stop with the “close loses” nonsense. Most NFL games are not blowouts.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:29 AM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: That's funny you say that. Tim Mcgee was doing post game work and he said it felt like 90's. Definitely not president of Zac Taylor fan club.

Obviously not. That’s Sled. Tongue

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:31 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I was definitely there in the 1990s, Sled. Akili Smith was supposed to be a franchise quarterback. So was David Klingler. I am not sure the Bengals will get two wins this year because no team we play is as horrible as Jacksonville. I can legitimately see 1-14-1 happening and this is a tragedy.

The Giants are way worse than JAX.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:38 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Giants are way worse than JAX.

It depends on when we play these teams. Taylor is losing the locker room at least offensively. Defense while decent isn't good enough to carry team. these next 4 weeks has the potential of being a dumpster fire. Lebeau had defense playing decent before he became head coach
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:32 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Drama queens. The 90's were a hopeless time. Does anyone really feel like this is a hopeless time for the Bengals, because I think it's growing pains of what will be a tremendous time.

It does feel kind of hopeless that the people who run things thought Zac Taylor was qualified to be a HC. And then sat by while he picked a completely inexperienced staff.

And that they all felt like this OL was good enough to put a franchise QB who they just took #1OA behind. Cleveland goes out and signs Conklin and hires Bill Callahan. They’re 4-1. Our biggest moves to address the OL were XSF and a 6th round pick. It’s unbelievable to me that anyone can defend this.

Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It does feel kind of hopeless that the people who run things thought Zac Taylor was qualified to be a HC. And then sat by while he picked a completely inexperienced staff.

And that they all felt like this OL was good enough to put a franchise QB who they just took #1OA behind. Cleveland goes out and signs Conklin and hires Bill Callahan. They’re 4-1. Our biggest moves to address the OL were XSF and a 6th round pick. It’s unbelievable to me that anyone can defend this.

It’s indefensible, Nicomo. It’s borderline criminal. I’m getting flashbacks to the 1990s watching Joe Burrow getting tossed around and all I can see is David Klingler, Jeff Blake, and Akili Smith getting beat black and blue. Let’s throw Neil O’Donnell in there for good measure.

The reason — and the only reason — Andy Dalton lasted so long after 2015 in Cincinnati was his quick release; the fastest in the NFL. Without that quick release he would be peeled off the turf like a Fathead poster. That quick release covered up a lots of pass blocking sins but it sure couldn’t hide the abysmal run blocking.

This offensive line is poorly manned and the coaching is horrible. Jim Turner needs to go. Now. Not at the end of the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-11-2020, 08:52 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: What stood out to me is no gameplan offensively. Taylor knows they are a heavily blitzing team and yet there was nothing there to counteract. Just ignore the fact the line sucks, the playcalling might be worse. I saw next to no quick slants or TE seam routes. The middle of the field was wide open with Balt bringing sometimes 6-7 guys and alas, no quick hits. Most routes appreared to be 10-15 yards downfield. Mind boggling really. Coach Taylor needs to be a man and give up playcalling duties.

Pretty much this.  Your defense adjusted (how novel!) and pretty much stuffed Baltimore after giving up a 17 point lead.  That included with some easy field position due to turnovers and an offense that just kept giving the ball back.   That is not insurmountable by any means when you are averaging close over 25 points a game.  But there was zero adjustment on offense.  I was yelling "Burn them with a screen" and the Bengals ran two of the worst executed screen passes you will ever see.  They looked like they have never practiced it at all...with the most blitz-happy team in the NFL?  I just hate the coaching on offense.

Not one jet sweep, even as a decoy.  The one to Thomas was more of an end-around, and it looked sloppy and slow...like it was also never practiced.  No draw plays as an option after reading where the blitz was coming from.  Nothing.  Just hold the ball while your slow WRs never get open and get killed.  Over and over again.  

ZT is horrible.  
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:37 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Obviously not. That’s Sled. Tongue

The book's not written yet. 
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2020, 10:43 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It does feel kind of hopeless that the people who run things thought Zac Taylor was qualified to be a HC. And then sat by while he picked a completely inexperienced staff.

The Browns had a fire sale and brought in a bunch of new talent several years ago. This is the first season that it's paying off for them, it did not happen the first year. In fact, there were several years of "look out for the Browns with all this talent" that turned into horrible seasons. Maybe you guys feel hopeless, but I remember the 90's specifically..... I dreaded Sunday. Now, I can't wait.... bring on Indy!
Reply/Quote