Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black National Anthem
The NFL has decided to play the Black National Anthem before their games. This will not unite anyone, quite the opposite. Are we pushing for segregation now or what? The National Anthem includes blacks as well as everyone else. I was so excited to have a good team again. It was exciting to add these new players, no matter their race. The NFL has decided that they are a leftist organization and that being divided is some kind of answer. I can’t support the NFL anymore. I think that it’s natural to love the competition involved with sports but using that as a weapon to try to change people’s political beliefs is just plain wrong, regardless of what that political view is. I refuse to participate in whatever the NFL has morphed into. It’s sad because, the sport part is awesome. Baseball has always been my real love and I’ll be forced to drop that too if it becomes about politics. I’m not far right and have many liberal ideas but the far left is trying to hijack society and it’s becoming sickening. Anyways, I’m deleting my profile but wanted to thank you guys for the conversations. Most of you know more about football than I do, so I learned quite a bit. I get that some of you may have a snarky reply and that’s fine. It won’t make me or you right.. but I’ve always gotten that. Keep yourselves and your families safe because this world is becoming real ugly, real fast. Peace....
Bye.
Everything in this post is my fault.
1.) Wrong forum to post in
2.) Why are you deleting your account to a place that isn't affiliated with the NFL? That just seems mean to the thebengalsboard!
3.)I like Turtles
4.) I don't like want the NFL is doing with Social Justice(and I agree with you on the national anthem) but why punish myself for something there doing? Anyways all entertainment is going down this road so you're going to have a rough time finding anything that you enjoy not have some politics.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
I’m not finding a place to delete my account. If a Mod would go ahead and delete my account, I would appreciate it.
Singing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" is a "far left" move?

If you want to know why the world is becoming "real ugly, real fast", it's partially because some white people are getting upset over black people singing a harmless song at a sporting event.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-03-2020, 08:26 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: The NFL has decided to play the Black National Anthem before their games. This will not unite anyone, quite the opposite. Are we pushing for segregation now or what? The National Anthem includes blacks as well as everyone else. I was so excited to have a good team again. It was exciting to add these new players, no matter their race. The NFL has decided that they are a leftist organization and that being divided is some kind of answer. I can’t support the NFL anymore. I think that it’s natural to love the competition involved with sports but using that as a weapon to try to change people’s political beliefs is just plain wrong, regardless of what that political view is. I refuse to participate in whatever the NFL has morphed into. It’s sad because, the sport part is awesome. Baseball has always been my real love and I’ll be forced to drop that too if it becomes about politics. I’m not far right and have many liberal ideas but the far left is trying to hijack society and it’s becoming sickening. Anyways, I’m deleting my profile but wanted to thank you guys for the conversations. Most of you know more about football than I do, so I learned quite a bit. I get that some of you may have a snarky reply and that’s fine. It won’t make me or you right.. but I’ve always gotten that. Keep yourselves and your families safe because this world is becoming real ugly, real fast. Peace....

I would ask that you take a second and reflect. I see Pat has already dismissed and stereotyped your opinion, but that what he and others do while feigning aloof. 

The Nation needs healing and I applaud the decision to sing the "Black National Anthem" as a small remedy. If some find solace in it; why should we balk. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(07-03-2020, 08:50 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I’m not finding a place to delete my account. If a Mod would go ahead and delete my account, I would appreciate it.

We don't delete accounts.  If you really don't want to be here, you're strong enough to keep yourself from posting in here.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-03-2020, 09:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Singing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" is a "far left" move?

If you want to know why the world is becoming "real ugly, real fast", it's partially because some white people are getting upset over black people singing a harmless song at a sporting event.

What are you even talking about?  America is one Nation.  The addition of a second "anthem" is purely about division, so much about "indivisible, with liberty and justice.."  I'm all about equality, but special and preferential treatment and appeasement is above and beyond anything that "one Nation" ever stands for.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
(07-03-2020, 09:29 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Singing "Lift Every Voice and Sing" is a "far left" move?

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-03-2020, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you even talking about?  America is one Nation.  The addition of a second "anthem" is purely about division, so much about "indivisible, with liberty and justice.."  I'm all about equality, but special and preferential treatment and appeasement is above and beyond anything that "one Nation" ever stands for.

Soon there will be Asian, Latino, Scot-Irish, 'insert any country or region of origin' anthems. Hopefully it won't be more than one week.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(07-03-2020, 09:57 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I would ask that you take a second and reflect. I see Pat has already dismissed and stereotyped your opinion, but that what he and others do while feigning aloof. 

The Nation needs healing and I applaud the decision to sing the "Black National Anthem" as a small remedy. If some find solace in it; why should we balk. 

Since when did quoting and pointing out the obvious turn in to dismissing and stereotyping? Sounds like you are picking a fight over nothing.

He said he was /quitting because he was obviously upset after ranting about the far left because of a song. 

It pisses me off because if I came out and said I was going to sing the "white national anthem" before a sporting event it would be the most racist thing since the KKK. 

Of course I am also a person who thinks filming white women complaining and calling them all Karen is racist. If I filmed a bunch of black women being loud and obnoxious and labeled them all Ebony I guarantee I would be called racist. 

I don't even know what the song is. But being labeled the "Black National Anthem", in case many didn't notice, attaches a race to the song and leaves out many Americans inherently making it divisive. 
(07-03-2020, 10:33 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Since when did quoting and pointing out the obvious turn in to dismissing and stereotyping? Sounds like you are picking a fight over nothing.

He said he was /quitting because he was obviously upset after ranting about the far left because of a song. 

It pisses me off because if I came out and said I was going to sing the "white national anthem" before a sporting event it would be the most racist thing since the KKK. 

Of course I am also a person who thinks filming white women complaining and calling them all Karen is racist. If I filmed a bunch of black women being loud and obnoxious and labeled them all Ebony I guarantee I would be called racist. 

I don't even know what the song is. But being labeled the "Black National Anthem", in case many didn't notice, attaches a race to the song and leaves out many Americans inherently making it divisive. 

What made his stance "pointing out the obvious"? 

I simply suggested it's something we could discuss instead of giving a verdict. 

Perhaps it's been labeled the "Black National Anthem" because that's what many black consider it; research it instead of admitting your ignorance on the matter. 

But let me guess: You support kneeling during the National Anthem, but not because folks are attaching race to it.

Quitting the NFL because they are playing a black national anthem in week 1? Meh, it's your call but I don't see what the big deal about it is. Am I missing something here?
(07-03-2020, 10:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What are you even talking about?  America is one Nation.  The addition of a second "anthem" is purely about division, so much about "indivisible, with liberty and justice.."  I'm all about equality, but special and preferential treatment and appeasement is above and beyond anything that "one Nation" ever stands for.

Rock On
(07-03-2020, 10:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: What made his stance "pointing out the obvious"? 

The white guy in the profile pick /quitting because of the black national anthem.

What was the stereotype you thought he was painting?
(07-03-2020, 10:51 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Quitting the NFL because they are playing a black national anthem in week 1?  Meh, it's your call but I don't see what the big deal about it is.  Am I missing something here?

I think it has to do with wanting to separate your sports entertainment from politics. 

WTS, every sport is going that route. My favorite sport in soccer and the EPL doesn't even put names on the back of their jerseys anymore  Everyone is named Black Lives Matter.

I enjoy NASCAR and they have said no more Confederate Flags and appear to have supported a fabricated story of a noose.

If you take a knee during the black national anthem who are you disrespecting?
(07-03-2020, 10:59 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: The white guy in the profile pick /quitting because of the black national anthem.

What was the stereotype you thought he was painting?

Exactly that. 

(07-03-2020, 11:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it has to do with wanting to separate your sports entertainment from politics. 

Well if this is sports getting political then yes, we can either accept it or just spend our Sundays doing something else.  I don't see what is so upsetting about it, but I've never really tuned into a sports program to have my political or religious beliefs tested or validated, either.
(07-03-2020, 11:11 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well if this is sports getting political then yes, we can either accept it or just spend our Sundays doing something else.  I don't see what is so upsetting about it, but I've never really tuned into a sports program to have my political or religious beliefs tested or validated, either.

I agree, but I stopped short of saying he was wrong or worse, as some did, part of the problem. Most likely why my first reply was 

bfine32 Wrote:I would ask that you take a second and reflect.