Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black Sunday
(11-27-2018, 01:49 AM)Benton Wrote: Ok. That's fine, but not really what you said.

Exactly what I said.
(11-27-2018, 09:34 PM)Beaker Wrote: If theyre trying to get around a closed checkpoint then they arent seeking to enter legally.

Totally agree.

They wanted to enter legally and Trump stopped it because...reasons.

Then people went to far and tried to get in anyway...since they were legally allowed to seek asylum.  That's when the trouble started.

Thanks to Trump.   Cool
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(11-27-2018, 10:07 PM)GMDino Wrote: Totally agree.

They wanted to enter legally and Trump stopped it because...reasons.

Then people went to far and tried to get in anyway...since they were legally allowed to seek asylum.  That's when the trouble started.

Thanks to Trump.   Cool

How do you know that's now it happened? Is that what the leftist media is saying, along with they didn't throw rocks when it's on video that they did??

Maybe the immigrants were getting out of control while waiting in line and Trump decided for the safety of the USC's to close it and remove them from harms way?

But anyways, how would you handle this crowd that's starting to get out of control and  you have people in there? I want no casualties, no people making it across either. So tell us in your infinite wisdom what you would have done to prevent it from escalating. remember it's hot as hell down there and these people are tired and hungry on top of it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(11-29-2018, 08:10 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: How do you know that's now it happened? Is that what the leftist media is saying, along with they didn't throw rocks when it's on video that they did??

Maybe the immigrants were getting out of control while waiting in line and Trump decided for the safety of the USC's to close it and remove them from harms way?

But anyways, how would you handle this crowd that's starting to get out of control and  you have people in there? I want no casualties, no people making it across either. So tell us in your infinite wisdom what you would have done to prevent it from escalating. remember it's hot as hell down there and these people are tired and hungry on top of it.

No Trump said he closed it.  And there were no stories of "riots" or anything being "out of control" at the time.

Trump just says whatever comes into his head to defend himself.  That's the simply truth.

And no one said they didn't throw rocks.  And after it was closed they tried to break through.
(11-27-2018, 09:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: Exactly what I said.

Quote:It amazes me that there are some who think the US should just let people show up at our border and demand to be let in

Was what you said. I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with people showing up. Showing up and coming in are two different things. 
(11-29-2018, 11:26 PM)Benton Wrote: Was what you said. I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with people showing up. Showing up and coming in are two different things. 

As is showing up and demanding entrance. I read him saying that, not coming in. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(11-29-2018, 11:55 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As is showing up and demanding entrance. I read him saying that, not coming in. 

I don't have any problem with people showing up and demanding we let them in. I also don't have a problem with us turning away people who show up and demand we let them in.
(11-30-2018, 01:13 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't have any problem with people showing up and demanding we let them in. I also don't have a problem with us turning away people who show up and demand we let them in.

Cool you, Trump, and I agree. They were turned away.

(11-29-2018, 11:26 PM)Benton Wrote: Was what you said. I'm not sure why anyone would have a problem with people showing up. Showing up and coming in are two different things. 

In the context of the topic of what was happening at the border that's a very relevant and non-ambiguous statement.
(11-30-2018, 01:13 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't have any problem with people showing up and demanding we let them in. I also don't have a problem with us turning away people who show up and demand we let them in.

(11-30-2018, 01:25 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Cool you, Trump, and I agree. They were turned away.

I am wondering, though, if the new rule will be "don't even show up." 

I do have a problem with preventing legitimate asylum seekers from showing up and getting in.
(12-01-2018, 01:16 AM)Dill Wrote: I am wondering, though, if the new rule will be "don't even show up." 

I do have a problem with preventing legitimate asylum seekers from showing up and getting in.

And that's the issue with the terminology. People keep saying (I assume because of media)  that people shouldn't be coming here asking for asylum or citizenship. It tries to pit people against those asking, which is unfortunate.
It used to be about illegal immigration which we all agree on, but let's be honest, Trump and his supporters are against immigration in general. And that's where I draw the line.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(12-03-2018, 06:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: It used to be about illegal immigration which we all agree on, but let's be honest, Trump and his supporters are against immigration in general. And that's where I draw the line.

They are for "rule of law."  We are either a nation of laws or we are not--when it comes to immigration. Wink
(12-03-2018, 06:34 PM)jj22 Wrote: It used to be about illegal immigration which we all agree on, but let's be honest, Trump and his supporters are against immigration in general. And that's where I draw the line.

This is great news. We all agree that those that entered this country illegally should be sent back and required to get in line.

(12-01-2018, 01:16 AM)Dill Wrote: I am wondering, though, if the new rule will be "don't even show up." 

I would hope not.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Are they allowing fewer immigrants in? I’ll admit I miss a lot these days. Pay far less attention.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-03-2018, 08:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This is great news. We all agree that those that entered this country illegally should be sent back and required to get in line.

Guess I have to be the bad guy.

I agree we need an answer for illegal immigration...I don't agree we should round them all up and "send them back".

IMHO these general/broad solutions are never the answer when dealing with so many individual issues.