Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Black monday is coming
If it is Turner that is bounced I will be happier, as he has shown no ability whatsoever to coach players up.

Like I said upthread give me Big Willie as OL coach and hire Joe Walter as a special assistant to teach ALL the linemen technique.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 02:13 AM)Joelist Wrote: If it is Turner that is bounced I will be happier, as he has shown no ability whatsoever to coach players up.

Like I said upthread give me Big Willie as OL coach and hire Joe Walter as a special assistant to teach ALL the linemen technique.

Willie has a sweet gig doing his private OL camp. I don’t see him giving that up to come work for Zac Taylor.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 12:45 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I've searched everything, only thing about him is that he was going to miss a game with Covid and there is  a piece on Bengals.com about him wanting Higgins after Buffalo had passed on him in the draft.

I'm guessing that was just a troll post then.... there is no problem with Bicknell. He has Higgins developing at warp speed, let alone how he's done with Boyd.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 12:53 PM)Sled21 Wrote: I'm guessing that was just a troll post then.... there is no problem with Bicknell. He has Higgins developing at warp speed, let alone how he's done with Boyd.

The flip side to Higgins and Boyd are Ross and Green. Now that may be down to the player and injury but was communication all that it should have been?
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 05:14 PM)TJHoushmandzadeh Wrote: The flip side to Higgins and Boyd are Ross and Green. Now that may be down to the player and injury but was communication all that it should have been?

Ross can't be part of any argument like this, can he?  He's garbage.  AJ, I do think likely just needed game speed and to play in the game as the last part of his "comeback" process, but he's a shell of his former self as we all see.  That said, he is starting to show flashes of his old self.  I wouldn't credit or discredit bickner for Green, though.  Green came outta college ready to ball, and he'll leave the NFL eventually still knowing how to do it.  His body just isn't in sync with his mind at this point.
Reply/Quote
Zac on the confidence level in his staff:

"Extremely high, extremely high. They were hired for a reason...really, really pleased with the job that they're doing."
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2020, 11:00 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Tell that to the Dolphins. Started out 0-8 finished 5-3 last year and are something like 15-8 since that 0-8 start. You gotta start winning at some point. Anyone poo pooing winning is just being silly. 

Tell that to the 2016 Bengals. Started out 3-7-1, finished 3-2. Then they went 7-9.

Tell that to the 2017 Bengals. Started out 3-6, finished 4-3. Then they went 6-10.

Tell that to the 2019 Bengals. Started out 0-11, finished 2-3. Then they went 4-10-1.

- - - - - - - -

It's absurd to compare the Dolphins to the Bengals since they had vastly different approaches. The Dolphins traded talent to get picks and had a lot of roster turnover. The Bengals held onto their guys and got zero value. The Dolphins had 3 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks. The Bengals have 1 bonus 7th round pick. The Dolphins won 5 games in their first season and 10 so far in their second season under Flores. The Bengals have won 6 games in 2 seasons with Taylor.

Once you're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, there's no point in winning.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 08:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac on the confidence level in his staff:

"Extremely high, extremely high. They were hired for a reason...really, really pleased with the job that they're doing."

"That reason being I knew and worked with them all and we're friends."

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 01:11 AM)Bengal Dude Wrote: After listening to HTPG today, it's sounding like Turner will be gone. They're putting Lou's odds at 50/50 as of right now at being retained.

If that is indeed the case, I sure as heck hope that they actually have a plan toward a better successor.  This business of out with the old and in with the new, without having anyone lined up or any sort of plan of action in place is a bit troubling.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 09:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tell that to the 2016 Bengals. Started out 3-7-1, finished 3-2. Then they went 7-9.

Tell that to the 2017 Bengals. Started out 3-6, finished 4-3. Then they went 6-10.

Tell that to the 2019 Bengals. Started out 0-11, finished 2-3. Then they went 4-10-1.

- - - - - - - -

It's absurd to compare the Dolphins to the Bengals since they had vastly different approaches. The Dolphins traded talent to get picks and had a lot of roster turnover. The Bengals held onto their guys and got zero value. The Dolphins had 3 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks. The Bengals have 1 bonus 7th round pick. The Dolphins won 5 games in their first season and 10 so far in their second season under Flores. The Bengals have won 6 games in 2 seasons with Taylor.

Once you're mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, there's no point in winning.

First of all, I was speaking to the fact that someone said momentum never carries over..

As to the bold- if you don't hit your goal for the year at work,, do you just stop working and put in half-assed work? If you answer yes, you're a terrible employee. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 05:41 PM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: Ross can't be part of any argument like this, can he?  He's garbage.  AJ, I do think likely just needed game speed and to play in the game as the last part of his "comeback" process, but he's a shell of his former self as we all see.  That said, he is starting to show flashes of his old self.  I wouldn't credit or discredit bickner for Green, though.  Green came outta college ready to ball, and he'll leave the NFL eventually still knowing how to do it.  His body just isn't in sync with his mind at this point.

Yes, Green is not a product of Bicknell's coaching, he  basically has been out of the game for 2 years and is just now appearing to show glimpses of his old self. Ross is a waste. 
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 09:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: "That reason being I knew and worked with them all and we're friends."

“And several other guy’s turned me down”

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 10:12 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: First of all, I was speaking to the fact that someone said momentum never carries over..

As to the bold- if you don't hit your goal for the year at work,, do you just stop working and put in half-assed work? If you answer yes, you're a terrible employee. 

As to your as to the bold- If you stop working and in in half-assed work, does it make it so you get better next year? Are you graded strictly on a winning/non-winning criteria?

It's absurd to try to compare the NFL, where you are judged on if you are a winner or loser and if you are a loser, the worse you are the better talent you'll get the next year to a common workplace scenario. It's not even apples and oranges, it's apples and socks. Nobody goes "oh man, that team might have been 5-10-1, but at least they weren't 4-11-1, THAT would have been embarrassing."

You're a loser and last in the division, it's already embarrassing regardless.

So once you're already destined to be a loser that year, get the best new talent infusion you can get from the draft and try not to be a loser again. Floating around in mediocre losership for all eternity does nothing for you.

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 09:10 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Tell that to the 2016 Bengals. Started out 3-7-1, finished 3-2. Then they went 7-9.

- - - - - - - -

Bonus 7th round draft pick AND B.J. Finney... Do the Dolphins have B.J. Finney?
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2020, 08:32 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Zac on the confidence level in his staff:

I know that any coach in the NFL would say that about their staff, but this somehow still makes Zac look ridiculous.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
With the rumor from the beat reporters that at least one coaching change is coming… I hope whatever those changes are, they come immediately on Black Monday, so we as fan are not waiting weeks to find out which coaches are staying or going. I can’t handle the suspense.

Though I don’t agree with it… I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that ZT is very likely staying.

Aside from the obvious for Jim Turner and Lou, I would also like to see other changes on the offensive side of the ball. I know ZT was brought in as an “offensive guru”, but if he’s able to lean on an experienced OC and pass off play calling duties, it would allow him to solely focus on being a Head Coach. A couple names that come to mind are Hue and Jay Gruden (the new HC of the Jags may want to bring in “their own” guys, making Jay available).
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2020, 03:20 PM)DesertBengal Wrote: With the rumor from the beat reporters that at least one coaching change is coming…  I hope whatever those changes are, they come immediately on Black Monday, so we as fan are not waiting weeks to find out which coaches are staying or going.  I can’t handle the suspense.

Though I don’t agree with it… I’ve finally come to terms with the fact that ZT is very likely staying.

Aside from the obvious for Jim Turner and Lou, I would also like to see other changes on the offensive side of the ball.  I know ZT was brought in as an “offensive guru”, but if he’s able to lean on an experienced OC and pass off play calling duties, it would allow him to solely focus on being a Head Coach.  A couple names that come to mind are Hue and Jay Gruden (the new HC of the Jags may want to bring in “their own” guys, making Jay available).

I absolutely do not see them bringing in an ex HC like Gruden and putting him under Taylor. At the first loss it would set up instant controversy. 
Reply/Quote
Bottom line:

This team is going no where  under any reasonable definition of that term ( possibly winning 5-6 games next year is going no where in my opinion)
with the current coaching staff and front office.

Why would anyone who doesn't already have them even consider buying season tickets next year if staff is retained and there are no changes in personnel department.

Why would you keep your season tickets?

Instead, the good people of Cincinnati should buy tickets and contribute to UC football . 

Talk about folks who are putting a great product together with very minimal resources- at least as compared to their competitors including schools like most of the "Power" Five conference teams including UGA.

Too bad the UC management team cannot be given total control of the Bengals organization.
Reply/Quote
Gase is gone:
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-firing-jets-official-20210104-dwpu4gw2j5haxf3q5cy5fs2c4i-story.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=2021-01-03-Jets-fire-coach
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2021, 11:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gase is gone:
https://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/ny-adam-gase-firing-jets-official-20210104-dwpu4gw2j5haxf3q5cy5fs2c4i-story.html?utm_source=onesignal&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=2021-01-03-Jets-fire-coach

I suspect the end to Darnold as well. I see Fields as the next Jets QB and we play the Jets next year so I sure hope if he is starting for them the OSU homers still root for us.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote