Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blake Corum @ 80
There's a ton of TE talk and rightfully so. RT and adding to Dline has got a lot of attention and again, rightfully so.

But one thing, here I go again, that I also feel needs some serious attention is our RB room. IMHO our lack of efficiency at running the ball is one of our bigger problems, near the top. And I get it and fully agree there's a bunch of peels to that onion. Scheme, play calling, blocking style, just overall game situations and so on.

But I believe our lack of dynamic backs is part of the equation as well. Let's face it, C. Evans and T. Williams need to be gone. C. Brown has flashed and shown promise, but I'm not sure he's a true "bell cow" type? And Mixon, well that horse has been beat to death, lets just say he's not a game changer.

We need new life in our RB room to say the least. I read a draft profile that read words to the effect of "Blake Corum isn't really elite at any one thing, but he's great at almost everything."

A tag team of Chase Brown and Blake Corum may well be just what the Dr. ordered? And Mixon if he has to stay and he probably will. I just strongly feel in order for this team to really hit it's top gear we have to get better at running the ball.

If Corum is there at 80 I hope they run to the podium and take him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I like Corum as well, versatile back who can do anything asked of him. However, if I'm sitting there at 80 and I've got the option of either Corum or Braelin Allen, I'm probably taking Allen 10/10. Allen will be a great pounder for doing battle in the AFCN, and Brown becomes the 3rd down/Change of pace guy.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm a Trey Benson guy, myself. Bellcow size at 220+. Plus blocker. Decent receiver. Has all the makings of a 3 down back.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like Corum as well, versatile back who can do anything asked of him.  However, if I'm sitting there at 80 and I've got the option of either Corum or Braelin Allen, I'm probably taking Allen 10/10.  Allen will be a great pounder for doing battle in the AFCN, and Brown becomes the 3rd down/Change of pace guy.

I'd go with Braelin Allen here too.!  HE's only 20 and has huge upside. Would be excellent for us and this division.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 02:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I like Corum as well, versatile back who can do anything asked of him.  However, if I'm sitting there at 80 and I've got the option of either Corum or Braelin Allen, I'm probably taking Allen 10/10.  Allen will be a great pounder for doing battle in the AFCN, and Brown becomes the 3rd down/Change of pace guy.

Oh I'd take him as well. I'm not in love with just Corum. I'm just sick of being one of the worst rushing teams in the league.
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 06:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm a Trey Benson guy, myself.  Bellcow size at 220+.  Plus blocker.  Decent receiver.  Has all the makings of a 3 down back.

I don't have any knowledge of him but he sounds like another good one. IMHO we have to get a lot better at running the ball or we're gonna keep coming up just short.
Reply/Quote
I like Corum, but he looks like a younger Mixon, and we all know how that has gone down.
I'd prefer Allen myself, seems like the perfect AFCN back. Him and Chase would be a good duo.
Reply/Quote
Nope. I steer clear of Michigan RBs. The Chris Perry > Steven Jackson choice ole Melvin and Co. made all those years ago still sits fresh on my mind. Toss in the ineffective Chris Evans too. And that Haskins dude the Titans drafted a couple seasons ago to "spell" King Henry...what's HE done?! Let Hard-boff in LA draft him to be Ekeler's "replacement" / disappointment. Go get that kid outta Wisconsin, who has a track record for producing quality NFL RBs I say!
Reply/Quote
(02-08-2024, 11:08 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I don't have any knowledge of him but he sounds like another good one. IMHO we have to get a lot better at running the ball or we're gonna keep coming up just short.

Here is some Benson Highlights.  220 with 4.37 speed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WjzxYsLhbPk
Reply/Quote
Corum checks some boxes for Taylor, coming from top tier college program , great character plus tough hard runner and great vision between tackles, strong and fast. He definitely will be high on bengals board for RB if still available in 3rd round when we picks
Reply/Quote
(02-07-2024, 06:33 PM)Whatever Wrote: I'm a Trey Benson guy, myself.  Bellcow size at 220+.  Plus blocker.  Decent receiver.  Has all the makings of a 3 down back.

Someone is going to have to convince me Trey Benson isn't the exact same prospect as Joe Mixon. Both run high and get chopped down between the tackles. One area Benson could be better is developing as a 3rd down back. Both Mixon and Benson are pretty good swing pass receivers but Mixon has shown he just cannot pass protect and at this point in his career he is who he is. Benson shows rhe ability but they only use him as a pass protector in split back sets with Jahiem Bell. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The differences between Braelon Allen and Audric Estime is as thin as a taco bell taco.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-10-2024, 10:15 AM)Synric Wrote: Someone is going to have to convince me Trey Benson isn't the exact same prospect as Joe Mixon. Both run high and get chopped down between the tackles. One area Benson could be better is developing as a 3rd down back. Both Mixon and Benson are pretty good swing pass receivers but Mixon has shown he just cannot pass protect and at this point in his career he is who he is. Benson shows rhe ability but they only use him as a pass protector in split back sets with Jahiem Bell. 

There are similarities, but we're talking a high-mid 4.3 guy vs a mid 4.4 guy and a guy that shows pass protect ability vs a guy that just doesn't seem to bother.

I'm not saying I would blow a 1st on him, but I'd be happy with him in the third.
Reply/Quote
I don’t care what anyone say evans is a good back. Wish I knew why he don’t get more reps. Gotta be mental or pass pro as a runner in space he’s elite imo
Reply/Quote
(02-10-2024, 10:16 AM)Synric Wrote: The differences between Braelon Allen and Audric Estime is as thin as a taco bell taco.

I'd lean towards Allen he's only 20 and I like his size better.
Reply/Quote
The more I see of the RBs in this class the more I think we can get a steal or two late.

I think we can get a quality RB in the later rounds of this draft. Unlike many of our other need areas where I would rather spend our earlier picks.
Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 07:31 PM)pulses Wrote: I'd lean towards Allen he's only 20 and I like his size better.

Well Audric's only 20 as well and won't turn 21 until mid-season. IMO the difference is sizeEstime is Big, but Allen is BIG
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-12-2024, 09:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well Audric's only 20 as well and won't turn 21 until mid-season. IMO the difference is sizeEstime is Big, but Allen is BIG

Yes i love Allen's size.
Reply/Quote
I'd rather have Trey Benson.
Reply/Quote
No love for Bucky Irving? He is the best RB in the draft class with the ball in his hands. Leads forced missed tackles and I believe second behind Jaylen Wright in Yards after Contact. Oregon run a 60/40 Gap/Zone split which identical to the Bengals rushing offense so he would fit in day 1. Bucky is also the best receiving back in the class.

I don't care how big a RB is as long as they can break tackles, get yards after contact, and catch.

Reply/Quote