Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bleacher Report Scouts Say we have a bottom 5 OT and Center
I know it's weird considering anything from Bleacher Report to be legitimate, especially in terms of evaluation of talent, but hey, it's something to read.

They ranked Ogbuehi as the 3rd worst OT in the NFL and Russell Bodine as the worst center in the NFL.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750038-nfl1000-the-5-worst-players-at-every-position#ampshare=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750038-nfl1000-the-5-worst-players-at-every-position

Quote:This was a defining year for Cedric Ogbuehi, and the former first-round pick has failed to put up many positive reps on tape this season. Ogbuehi's lack of technique is only matched by his apathy, as no player gives up more often mid rep than him. I hate to make character assessments on film, but it just seems like there is no fight in him. It is rare to see a player get beat across his face as often as Ogbuehi does, as he lets defenders get right into his frame and completely dictate what is going to happen all the time.

Quote:Bodine looks like the model of a power-blocking center, but his technique hasn't caught up. He doesn't generate power when he latches onto defenders because he comes off the ball too high to get leverage, and he should never be pushed back as easily as he is. This is an example of play strength being totally negated by poor fundamentals. In addition, Bodine is probably the heaviest-footed center in the league, which means that he finds it very difficult to mirror and adjust on stunts and games, and defenders can shoot through his gaps to either side far too easily. This position has been an issue for the Bengals as long as he's been the starter.
Reply/Quote
Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
sad.......sad........sad.........

Im sure our HC ranks at the bottom as well........
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
We already knew it.
Reply/Quote
Bleacher Report must get their information from this message board.

Because we have all said the same thing so many times it has become redundant.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
100 bucks Ogbuehi starts for us next year because he showed "potential". but yeah Ogbuehi n Bodine are hot garbage
Reply/Quote
I read this article too, & they forgot Fisher & whatever is happening at RG. I’m wondering how the Bengals coaching staff actually views this Offensive Line? Us fans, the Media, & the rest of the league knows they are the worst at their positions, but are the Bengals really that far removed from reality to think these lumps of a$$ trash have a future with this team? This elephant in the room is really never addressed publicly in post game interviews by players or coaches from a collective perspective. Why not send a message & literally just cut everybody but Boling the day after the Baltimore game?
Reply/Quote
Boling is the only one close to being serviceable.

Andre is merely a stop gap and not the future.

The rest are volcanic hot garbage.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2017, 11:18 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I know it's weird considering anything from Bleacher Report to be legitimate, especially in terms of evaluation of talent, but hey, it's something to read.

They ranked Ogbuehi as the 3rd worst OT in the NFL and Russell Bodine as the worst center in the NFL.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750038-nfl1000-the-5-worst-players-at-every-position#ampshare=http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2750038-nfl1000-the-5-worst-players-at-every-position

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=5142413]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 01:58 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: 100 bucks Ogbuehi starts for us next year because he showed "potential".   but yeah Ogbuehi n Bodine are hot garbage

And he's signed way cheaper than we could sign a free agent tackle for.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 08:52 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Boling is the only one close to being serviceable.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 08:52 AM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Boling is the only one close to being serviceable.

And what really stinks is that any competent evaluator of talent knew or should have known all of this last January

But instead we let Whit and Z walk and followed that up with no free agents to replace those two and no OLs drafted  in 2017 draft.

Everyone involved in letting Whit and Z go, drafting Og, failing to replace Bodine who has been awful every year he has played- should be fired.
Reply/Quote
So......I noticed mention of poor technique on both players.  I agree that Og just doesn't have it.  He's a quitter, and lacks the fire and tenacity necessary to perform at this level.  I've played on pee wee teams that had guys with more toughness....and that's no exaggeration.  He's a lost cause, IMO.

As for Bodine, technique issues after 4 years is alarming.  Anyone still want Piano Man coaching this unit?  You can't teach proper technique in four ***** years??????  Even fred couldn't defend that.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'll just file this under--"Tell me something I don't know."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Is fisher ever going to be able to play football again? I haven't heard any update since his surgery. Not sure but I think he had a valve replaced?

Heart issues are no joke
Reply/Quote
Walter Football (the draft site I've used for years) had this to say on their live mock yesterday:

Quote:Cincinnati Bengals: Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame [Image: NotreDame_logo.gif] 

The Bengals have one of the worst offensive lines in the NFL. Their only viable starter is left guard Clint Boling. They need two new tackles, a better center, and a second talented guard. 

NFL teams and scouts absolutely love Quenton Nelson. He's viewed as an elite prospect. He's a guard, so he may have trouble being chosen in the top five, though it's not completely impossible. He's viewed as the next Logan Mankins, so I'll be surprised if he's not taken in the initial 10 selections. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018.php#ixzz51uOkUqw2

Quote:[Image: bengalsb_logo.gif] Cincinnati Bengals: Martinas Rankin, OT, Mississippi State [Image: MississippiState_logo.gif] 

No one should be surprised if the Bengals double up on offensive linemen in the first couple of rounds in the 2018 NFL Draft, based on how the blocking unit has performed. 

Read more: http://walterfootball.com/draft2018_2.php#ixzz51uRoNciZ

I know people are thinking "yeah we know", but there are a small handful of people on this board that think our tackles are ok or "getting better" and the line as a whole isn't the reason we're losing. Those people apparently need a dose of reality.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Our offensive line is a gigantic hot mess !

If I counted correctly we currently have 12 players on our roster listed as O-linemen including P.S. and injured.

Out of that group we have one decent starter (Boling). Of the other 11 we have maybe two or three 2nd stringers. Whoever the HC is next season is going to have to find 4 starters and a couple backups in one off season, tall order !

It's just downright amazing this team put itself in this position. This is probably right next to the Akili Smith fubar in Mikey's biggest mess ups !
Reply/Quote
The only surprise about this list is that Dre K has somehow done enough to avoid being in the worst 5 CBs. He's probably #6, though.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 12:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Walter Football (the draft site I've used for years) had this to say on their live mock yesterday:

I know people are thinking "yeah we know", but there are a small handful of people on this board that think our tackles are ok or "getting better" and the line as a whole isn't the reason we're losing. Those people apparently need a dose of reality.

Quarterback's fault.....don't you pay attention? Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2017, 12:33 PM)Wyche Wrote: Quarterback's fault.....don't you pay attention? Mellow

You beat me to it!
Reply/Quote