Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blocked XP
I think that these missed FGs would mean squat if Taylor would have challenged the TD that Jamaar had and then we ran another play. It WAS a TD!!!!

Reply/Quote
As a side note; fat randy just fat randied in Tenn. Giants win by going for 2 after a late TD, Titans get in range and...well, you know.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Fat Randy blew it for the Titans, so there is that.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:05 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was too soft/slow. Timing is everything in kicking, and the snap needs to get back there quicker.

....and high. Huber didn't have time to spin the ball around, and McPherson hit the laces. It was discussed ad nauseam during and after the game on the radio broadcast.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 07:14 PM)Nepa Wrote: that one was on Huber. They snapped on 3rd down in case of a bad snap. They got a bad snap. Huber should have eaten the ball and tried again for another snap.

That is true.....not a very veteran play by a, well, veteran.

Reply/Quote
Thank god that fat mess missed that or it might have tipped me over the edge after today.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:25 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I think that these missed FGs would mean squat if Taylor would have challenged the TD that Jamaar had and then we ran another play. It WAS a TD!!!!

You're shitting me, right? You just gonna gloss over FIVE turnovers (one a friggin pick 6) from our QB, and blame our coach for not challenging a play that didn't have indisputable evidence? 

Damn, Zac really IS Andy Dalton 2.0, lmao. 

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:34 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: You're shitting me, right? You just gonna gloss over FIVE turnovers (one a friggin pick 6) from our QB, and blame our coach for not challenging a play that didn't have indisputable evidence? 

I get your point and the 5 turnovers definitely contributed to the loss. But if they would have challenged it would have been a TD. It was clear his foot was on the goal line, ball didn’t need to cross.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I get your point and the 5 turnovers definitely contributed to the loss. But if they would have challenged it would have been a TD. It was clear his foot was on the goal line, ball didn’t need to cross.

But we would have just found another creative way to lose.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:34 PM)Wyche Wrote: You're shitting me, right? You just gonna gloss over FIVE turnovers (one a friggin pick 6) from our QB, and blame our coach for not challenging a play that didn't have indisputable evidence? 

you zacs agent. you sure cant read worth a damn. i did not say these f ups didnt make the mistakes that you have correctly pointed out, im saying that the missed field goals were irrelevant if zac would have had a review of the td and it would have been turned to a td. now, get over yourself

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:25 PM)RASCAL Wrote: I think that these missed FGs would mean squat if Taylor would have challenged the TD that Jamaar had and then we ran another play. It WAS a TD!!!!

That, and if the Bengals had a competent goal line game where 1st and 1 doesn't result in a FGA. Who does a DELAYED hand-off at the 1? Where's our fullback? Why aren't we in I formation if we're not going to sneak? Are we still unreliable in short yardage scenarios (achilles' heel from last year besides the o-line?)

For some reason I get irked by big plays that don't score, Mixon's 4th and 1 missed stiff arm = FGA. Chase's "TD", FGA. That's probably why. Superbowl, Chase's bomb into the 5 --> FGA.

We did get lucky in one sense last year, injury control. Long snapper goes down and away goes the game.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:44 PM)RASCAL Wrote: you zacs agent. you sure cant read worth a damn. i did not say these f ups didnt make the mistakes that you have correctly pointed out, im saying that the missed field goals were irrelevant if zac would have had a review of the td and it would have been turned to a td. now, get over yourself

I think it's you who needs to get over themselves. Here Einstein, let me lay it out for you. 17 of 23 points for the Stoolers came DIRECTLY off the five turnovers, one of them INSTANTLY. All of what you are saying is a moot point, because none of it happens if your fan crush doesn't gift wrap the damn game for Shitsburgh. Get it?

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: That is true.....not a very veteran play by a, well, veteran.

That 3rd down FGA snap didn't fall on it and punt with 17 seconds left on the clock intno the endzone made me think of drue chrisman.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:41 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I get your point and the 5 turnovers definitely contributed to the loss. But if they would have challenged it would have been a TD. It was clear his foot was on the goal line, ball didn’t need to cross.

17 of 23 points directly off turnovers. No two ways about it, that's what got us beat. We lost by three points and there was a pick six. No amount of mental gymnastics is going to change that (not saying you were doing said gymnastics, BTW, but a lot are). Really, you usually lose ANY game when you have five turnovers. When one guy commits ALL OF THEM, then the loss is on him. No one else. If that was Andy Dalton, would we be talking about long snappers, HC, etc, etc? No we would not.....lol. Every QB has an off day, I know Joe can put stuff like this behind him, I just hope this doesn't become a trend. He was HORRIBLE today.

Reply/Quote

The way I understand it, the ball has to break the plane. It was super close, and i would have personally challenged it, but I’m not sure it would have been overturned.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 08:58 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: That 3rd down FGA snap didn't fall on it and punt with 17 seconds left on the clock intno the endzone made me think of drue chrisman.

Yeah, we kicked on 3rd down in the event of a bad snap. Huber should've ate the snap, and we get a crack again on 4th. Bad oversight on his part, but it was his QB that put him in that spot to begin with.

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The way I understand it, the ball has to break the plane. It was super close, and i would have personally challenged it, but I’m not sure it would have been overturned.

Yeah, same. I don't think there was indisputable evidence to overturn the call 

Reply/Quote
Yes, Burrow had maybe the worst game of his life today. I think he underestimates not playing in the pre-season and my dad didn't know he had an appendectomy and commented that he looked light, he's not 100% yet (weight wise), how much that affects him I don't know, some of those picks were not as accurate as we've come to know Burrow though. Not playing in the pre-season is Zac Taylor, maybe Zac will learn next year.

I've had back problems the last 6 months, i can't walk without pain in my hip/etc, hair raising stuff. Burrow has a reconstructed knee and is clocking around 21 mph running, he has a higher pain threshold for sure and I think we can't believe him when he says he's 100%/OK, most will not tell the truth when that question is asked.

Zac told Burrow to keep being aggressive, it's good Joe can keep the past out of him. Zac thinks (and knows) it's how they've "gotten to where they are" with that mentality. 1) true, 2) they didn't win a superbowl so don't repeat the same thing. If you see your QB struggling, be careful?

Higgins going out early hurt.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:00 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The way I understand it, the ball has to break the plane. It was super close, and i would have personally challenged it, but I’m not sure it would have been overturned.

I also thought the ball has to break the plane, but the announcer said once he has possession, and his foot is in the endzone, it's a TD. He acted like that definition was different than other parts of the field. I'm going to still think the ball has to break the plane until we see differently. What the announcer said can't be true, we could have a WR fully in the endzone and leaning forward to catch the ball, land on the 1, and it'd be a TD - lol.

Otherwise why do we have those football folly videos where players put 1 foot into the endzone and drop the ball behind them resulting in a fumble.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2022, 09:00 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah, we kicked on 3rd down in the event of a bad snap. Huber should've ate the snap, and we get a crack again on 4th. Bad oversight on his part, but it was his QB that put him in that spot to begin with.

Zac blamed the new players/situation for the 17 seconds left on the playclock punt, I think I can understand that, as they probably lost the will to play for a tie (lol). Evan had no chance there but I still wonder what e's doing telling us he can kick 66 yards in practice, the only time we'd use that then is at the end of the 1st half.
Reply/Quote