Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Blow it up
(11-12-2023, 07:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Emotional post. It was a good game. We lost. Seasons not over. 

Do you go to gamethreads? We get down 3-0 and there are people are saying the season is over.
Reply/Quote
Trenches.

No rush offense and zero interior DL depth.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also... Fire Volson.. He's about as useless as corn in shit...
Reply/Quote
Didn't they legalize for you guys?
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:49 PM)Tony Wrote: Bro this defense and Oline are ass... The D ain't bailing us out this year..

The D wasn't effective the first few games. Give them time to click. They are getting better each game. They were gassed today and honestly think they are shifting gears. Call me crazy, but it is what I feel.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:58 PM)Tony Wrote: Also... Fire Volson.. He's about as useless as corn in shit...

HAHA, Google what happens to corn in your shit "Post Flush!"

Reply/Quote
I don't wanna blow it up but some changes SHOULD be made. It's too late at this point, but this off-season, if I'm the Bengals I am stripping Pollack of his "Running game coordinator" role if not flat out replacing him. I am then gifting my new run game coordinator (and possible offensive line coach) his pick of RB with a pick in the first two rounds of the draft (the OSU homer in me REALLY wants Trayveon Henderson, and if it takes a first round pick to get him, so be it. Goodbye Head-Cheerleader Mixon!) Yeah, yeah I know..ya don't spend high picks or big cash for RBs yada yada. Don't care, still want a good RB taken high.

I would also look into improving the coaching on the defensive line. We have some quality players there. Yet, aside from Blackout Trey, they have little to no pass rush. Why?!
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you go to gamethreads? We get down 3-0 and there are people are saying the season is over.

Yeah, I know.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Do you go to gamethreads? We get down 3-0 and there are people are saying the season is over.

It doesn’t even take that much. They usually start going off the rails after a couple 1st downs.

Reply/Quote
I'm still rolling with we can be like the 2011 NY Giants. We'll go 9-8, make the playoffs, get hot, and win the Super Bowl.

Who Dey
Reply/Quote
This fanbase has some great, knowledgeable people and it also has....well....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:15 PM)JumboTron Wrote: This fanbase has some great, knowledgeable people and it also has....well....

Blow up the fanbase too. Especially the homers
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:23 PM)Tony Wrote: Fire Zac, Fire Lou, cut Boyd... Let's get a high pick and go after Marvin Harrison Jr... This season is cooked..

No one is that stupid....
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: This might be the worst thread ever.

We lost on a last second fg to a decent team after winning 4 in a row...and people want to tank.

Depends on what you are trying to take away from it.

For anyone looking to see who has not taken their meds, this thread is very informative.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 07:23 PM)Tony Wrote: Fire Zac, Fire Lou, cut Boyd... Let's get a high pick and go after Marvin Harrison Jr... This season is cooked..

I'll never understand why Tony picks Sunday to not take his meds.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:09 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: HAHA, Google what happens to corn in your shit "Post Flush!"

If you have been doing this, you are far more disturbed than I thought Cool Ninja
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:15 PM)JumboTron Wrote: This fanbase has some great, knowledgeable people and it also has....well....

What?  Stupid people that dont know ball?  Lol, we have the same ones every game that spew nonsense immediately in the 1st Qtr.  I understand a couple, the ones that make comments like they know ball are the ones that crack me up.

Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:14 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I'm still rolling with we can be like the 2011 NY Giants. We'll go 9-8, make the playoffs, get hot, and win the Super Bowl.

Who Dey

Definitely. And let's be fair, the Bengals have generally played their better ball at the important points of the past two seasons. The hope is we'll do the same here too.

A team who beats the Niners and Bills somewhat convincingly in back to back weeks, is not a bad team overnight. Today was shockingly bad, but I wouldn't bet against these Bengals being in the mix, until they aren't. Today was ironically a good example of that... we had no business not losing today's game by about 21 points, and yet we would've won it without that Boyd drop. Getting into the dance is all that matters, not fussed if it's via a Division crown or not. I'd be surprised if we're out of it before Week 18.
Reply/Quote
(11-12-2023, 08:19 PM)Sled21 Wrote: No one is that stupid....

C'mon Sled, you've been on this board long enough to know that yes, people ARE just that stupid.  Especially on a Sunday evening after a tough loss.

It'd be hilarious if it wasn't so damn sad.
Reply/Quote
Just got back from the game.

My take is that this team game planned for a Texans team that was second or dead last in the league in rushing. They showed no respect for the run game, and Houston happily ran it down their throats.

I'm unsure is the coverage issues are the secondary or the pass rush not getting home. I lean pass rush, as Stroud had an eternity on some of those deep 3rd down conversions, but the safeties are an issue.

Hill has the potential to be great, but he's not what Bates was in his current state. People liked to badmouth Bates due to the contract shenanigans, but he was probably the best in the league playing center field in single high. I was worried about how they'd replace him, and I'm not overly surprised at the drop-off.
Reply/Quote