Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Blow it up
(11-13-2023, 11:16 AM)Tony Wrote: Also it's a good thing we didn't try to get chase young for a 3rd round pick and 600,000 salary this year. Our pass rush has been great..

Rare Tony W.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
I've been saying they are 1 dimensional all year. It's Burrow and home run throws or nothing. That's why I say they are an average team and it's the truth. But people here keep saying But, But that we made it to two AFCCG and a Super bowl,, and lost both. Some games against good teams they look like contenders even being 1 dimensional and other games against average teams they look like pretenders (yesterday).

They have 1 running back, an average one at that, Mixon. Other teams have 2 good solid backs they swap on different plays that abuse our D. The Ravens seem to have a garage full of solid, shifty backs that have no trouble busting off big gains. And that screen to Mixon behind the LOS that never gains yards should be thrown out.

You guys can keep harping on 2 AFCCG or another lost SB but until they bring home rings and a SB trophy and prove they are elite they are playing at an average level. At this point in the season they are probably a top 15 team in spite of being 1 dimen.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 11:44 AM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: I've been saying they are 1 dimensional all year. It's Burrow and home run throws or nothing. That's why I say they are an average team and it's the truth. But people here keep saying But, But that we made it to two AFCCG and a Super bowl,, and lost both. Some games against good teams they look like contenders even being 1 dimensional and other games against average teams they look like pretenders (yesterday).

They have 1 running back, an average one at that, Mixon. Other teams have 2 good solid backs they swap on different plays that abuse our D. The Ravens seem to have a garage full of solid, shifty backs that have no trouble busting off big gains. And that screen to Mixon behind the LOS that never gains yards should be thrown out.

You guys can keep harping on 2 AFCCG or another lost SB but until they bring home rings and a SB trophy and prove they are elite they are playing at an average level. At this point in the season they are probably a top 15 team in spite of being 1 dimen.

"I've been saying they are 1 dimensional all year. It's Burrow and home run throws or nothing."    This makes ZERO sense, we have had several long scoring drives with intermediate receptions.  I have no idea if you are stuck in 2021, but it hasnt been that way this year or last season.

They obviously missed on Brown if they thought he was the answer at RB, it is one of many positions they have failed to improve.

Super Bowl or nothing is extremely amateur.  The NFL is a very difficult league.  SB and AFCCG back-to-back is very impressive.  If they won the SB in 2021 that would have had ZERO impact on how sh!tty they played yesterday.

Reply/Quote
Win the next 3 and we’re 8-4 with 3 division wins

We’d lose all tiebreaker likely because of our AFC record but it’s not like beating the NFC and getting good record off mostly NFC teams counts as half wins or something

We finish with a better record than another team and tiebreakers don’t mean anything. AFCN teams have 2 bad weeks and we could look up in January and lead the division
-Housh
Reply/Quote
I thought that the Texans had a good chance to win yesterday. I mean we're like 2-9 against them since 2008 lol. I think we beat the Ravens
We just need to stop losing against teams like the Browns and Texans
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:23 PM)casear2727 Wrote: "I've been saying they are 1 dimensional all year. It's Burrow and home run throws or nothing."    This makes ZERO sense, we have had several long scoring drives with intermediate receptions.  I have no idea if you are stuck in 2021, but it hasnt been that way this year or last season.

They obviously missed on Brown if they thought he was the answer at RB, it is one of many positions they have failed to improve.

Super Bowl or nothing is extremely amateur.  The NFL is a very difficult league.  SB and AFCCG back-to-back is very impressive.  If they won the SB in 2021 that would have had ZERO impact on how sh!tty they played yesterday.

Ok, so I worded it wrong. Should have left out the 'home run throws'. Yes, they have moved the ball and scored on shorter completions like yesterdays opening drive. That was an impressive drive and worked well. Super Bowl or nothing is amateur? Isn't that what everyone wants? AFCCG is nice and shows progress but is still coming up short. I suppose it's just that after watching the Bengals for 55 years or however many its been I was hoping to see 1, just 1 SB win.
Reply/Quote
If we had a competent front office, they would've realized that the window for contention was closed after last season and we would be talking about owning most of next year's first and second round of the draft for the hauls the team got for all the players that were traded, and then have signed a bunch of crappy older veterans to contracts to get above the salary floor to tank. Also remember that if Orlando Brown, Jr. had been signed for $100,000 less, there would be an extra third round draft pick. Had all of these extensions not happened, doing a mass fire sale after starting 1-3 would've really helped the team in the future. Most football players don't have that many great seasons before they're too hurt to contribute, and the way this team is currently built, they won't be in contention until at least 2033.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 12:52 PM)RegularGuy22 Wrote: Ok, so I worded it wrong. Should have left out the 'home run throws'. Yes, they have moved the ball and scored on shorter completions like yesterdays opening drive. That was an impressive drive and worked well. Super Bowl or nothing is amateur? Isn't that what everyone wants? AFCCG is nice and shows progress but is still coming up short. I suppose it's just that after watching the Bengals for 55 years or however many its been I was hoping to see 1, just 1 SB win.

I've been watching since the mid 70's myself.  Beating the 49ers one of those times has no impact on who we are today, ask Patriot fans how they feel about their team this year.  The last 2 seasons were successful, and yes we all want a SB.  Im not sure this team has what it takes to do it. 

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:01 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: If we had a competent front office, they would've realized that the window for contention was closed after last season and we would be talking about owning most of next year's first and second round of the draft for the hauls the team got for all the players that were traded, and then have signed a bunch of crappy older veterans to contracts to get above the salary floor to tank. Also remember that if Orlando Brown, Jr. had been signed for $100,000 less, there would be an extra third round draft pick. Had all of these extensions not happened, doing a mass fire sale after starting 1-3 would've really helped the team in the future. Most football players don't have that many great seasons before they're too hurt to contribute, and the way this team is currently built, they won't be in contention until at least 2033.

Lol, what a horrible take. L

The football team that lost the Super Bowl in the final minute was extremely young, the next season they went to the AFCCG and lost by a last second FG, with 9 starters on offense and 9 on defense returning this season and a SB favorite, you think the window was closed and we should have blown it up?  

I cant put into words how bad this is, maybe stick to Madden?

Reply/Quote
Joe Burrow had to have an appendectomy. Maybe you haven't noticed with all of the rules of tackling the quarterback, how many spleen, kidney, and appendix issues there have been, and how that often leads to one or maybe two more seasons of usefulness before being done. While Andrew Luck is the most famous example, there are hundreds of others at all levels. If there was a good backup for Burrow, maybe this team would have a future. Imagine that some front office hadn't realized what's been going on with quarterback abdomens and gave the Bengals two or three first round draft picks and maybe a second or a third for Burrow this past offseason before the draft, and they used those picks to trade up to get CJ Stroud. Then we could talk about the window of contention still being open.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:05 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I've been watching since the mid 70's myself.  Beating the 49ers one of those times has no impact on who we are today, ask Patriot fans how they feel about their team this year.  The last 2 seasons were successful, and yes we all want a SB.  Im not sure this team has what it takes to do it. 

If I was a Patriots fan now I think I would feel like we had our times in the spotlight and now we are in a rebuild mode, it happens as I look at those 6 SB trophys. I can't believe I would feel as frustrated as I do now at times being a Bengal fan.

Your last sentence I am in 100% agreement with.
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:18 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Joe Burrow had to have an appendectomy. Maybe you haven't noticed with all of the rules of tackling the quarterback, how many spleen, kidney, and appendix issues there have been, and how that often leads to one or maybe two more seasons of usefulness before being done. While Andrew Luck is the most famous example, there are hundreds of others at all levels. If there was a good backup for Burrow, maybe this team would have a future. Imagine that some front office hadn't realized what's been going on with quarterback abdomens and gave the Bengals two or three first round draft picks and maybe a second or a third for Burrow this past offseason before the draft, and they used those picks to trade up to get CJ Stroud. Then we could talk about the window of contention still being open.

Is this clown world?  Burrow is at the top of the QBs in the league.  Teams dont trade those.

You show your total lack of understanding by saying, "If we had a competent front office", then turnaround and say we should rebuild with a bunch of draft picks.

We are NOT a good drafting organization, how do you NOT know this?  You want to get rid of proven good players for gambles in the draft? 

LOL, this is comical and makes ZERO sense.  

Reply/Quote
Holy shit we’ve reached trade Burrow level of hysteria?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Log off and go touch some grass people.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:33 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Holy shit we’ve reached trade Burrow level of hysteria?

LOL LOL LOL

Log off and go touch some grass people.

Think of all the awesome picks we would have though.... there are so many Myles Murphy, Billy Price, John Ross, Cedric Ogbuehi, Jackson Carman, Drew Sample types we could get just for trading Burrow.....

Reply/Quote
Fire Zac! Hire Belichick!!!!
Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:38 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Fire Zac!  Hire Belichick!!!!

He's been average without Brady.

Reply/Quote
(11-13-2023, 01:18 PM)dxdtdemon Wrote: Joe Burrow had to have an appendectomy. Maybe you haven't noticed with all of the rules of tackling the quarterback, how many spleen, kidney, and appendix issues there have been, and how that often leads to one or maybe two more seasons of usefulness before being done. While Andrew Luck is the most famous example, there are hundreds of others at all levels. If there was a good backup for Burrow, maybe this team would have a future. Imagine that some front office hadn't realized what's been going on with quarterback abdomens and gave the Bengals two or three first round draft picks and maybe a second or a third for Burrow this past offseason before the draft, and they used those picks to trade up to get CJ Stroud. Then we could talk about the window of contention still being open.

Burrow did have an appendectomy, true.  Was this because of football, do all people who have appendectomies suffer from football like collisions, Dr. Demon?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote