Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Boarder Security"
https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-becomes-butt-twitter-071534866.html

The President said today that Democrats have no choice but to approve "boarder security".

I have a few questions about this. Do we really need to take care of the "boarders"? Can't they take care of themselves? Does he want the taxpayers to buy them handguns or something? Shouldn't we do the same for the landlords?
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
(12-07-2018, 04:33 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: https://news.yahoo.com/donald-trump-becomes-butt-twitter-071534866.html

The President said today that Democrats have no choice but to approve "boarder security".

I have a few questions about this.  Do we really need to take care of the "boarders"? Can't they take care of themselves? Does he want the taxpayers to buy them handguns or something? Shouldn't we do the same for the landlords?

I'm sure people way say I'm just being partisan, but I fully support the Democrats on this one.

Boarders are an important part of our economy. Many families could not make ends meet without that little extra cash generated by the retiree living in the basement or that student in the upstairs loft. 

Trump ran on a promise to protect our boarders, and I think he should stick to it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(12-07-2018, 04:36 PM)Dill Wrote: I'm sure people way say I'm just being partisan, but I fully support the Democrats on this one.

Boarders are an important part of our economy. Many families could not make ends meet without that little extra cash generated by the retiree living in the basement or that student in the upstairs apartment. 

Trump ran on a promise to protect our boarders, and I think he should stick to it.

But why should MY tax dollars go to securing YOUR boarders?!?!?!!!

I've got my own boarders to secure. And some folks don't have any at all. Why should they defend your boarders?!?!?!!!!

Dammit! I want my tax dollars spent on more and bigger battleships, man! Because those are REALLY cool (and BIG)!!!
(12-07-2018, 04:40 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: But why should MY tax dollars go to securing YOUR boarders?!?!?!!!

I've got my own boarders to secure. And some folks don't have any at all. Why should they defend your boarders?!?!?!!!!

Dammit! I want my tax dollars spent on more and bigger battleships, man! Because those are REALLY cool (and BIG)!!!

Really, B. This should be a bi-partisan issue, like police and fire protection. My boarders, your boarders--they are all our boarders.

We all wish this were a better world in which every boarder is safe; but the reality is, I'm afraid, rather grim.

No reason why we can't have boarder security AND battleships, so long as U.S. credit is good.

Plus there is the simple matter of keeping one's word, and Trump should keep his promise to voters.
Private businesses should pay for their own security

[Image: bordersbooks.jpg]
(12-07-2018, 05:12 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Private businesses should pay for their own security

[Image: bordersbooks.jpg]

That's the wrong kind of "boarders", Fred. The POTUS was very clear and specific about this in his Tweet!
Hey guys, I know this is a contentious issue. I'm sure many a Thanksgiving dinner ended badly last month as families fell out over the ramifications of boarder security; hot button for sure.

But let's be careful with our tone. We don't want to get the thread locked down.
(12-07-2018, 05:56 PM)Dill Wrote: Hey guys, I know this is a contentious issue. I'm sure many a Thanksgiving dinner ended badly last month as families fell out over the ramifications of boarder security; hot button for sure.

But let's be careful with our tone. We don't want to get the thread locked down.

Hey! This may not be a big issue for you shmancy-pancy home-owning folks upon Ohio and Penn., mister. But out here we got these boarders all over the place! I see them al the time: at the supermarket, when I drop my kid off at school, at the pharmacy... These renters are all over the place! Some of them even rent offices and warehouses! It's way out of hand!!!
I think it's now safe to proceed with impeachment
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

(12-07-2018, 06:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I think it's now safe to proceed with impeachment

Hey. You don't think he could have meant skate 'boarders' do you?

Man. That would totally change my opinion on the issue!
(12-07-2018, 06:11 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Hey! This may not be a big issue for you shmancy-pancy home-owning folks upon Ohio and Penn., mister. But out here we got these boarders all over the place! I see them al the time: at the supermarket, when I drop my kid off at school, at the pharmacy... These renters are all over the place! Some of them even rent offices and warehouses! It's way out of hand!!!

Ok ok. I see how it is a different issue for people in different states.  We don't see all that many boarders in Indiana Pa because, let's face it, most of us own small homes.

But here is where I think a lot of people are missing the point. My father boarded with a family while he was going to college, and I did for three months back in 1973 while I was working on a pipeline in South Dakota. And I remember how thankful I was for security during that period of my life. So suddenly that's not ok now that I am living comfortably and someone else is the boarder? Lot's of people, probably a majority, have boarded with others at some point on their way to success and the American dream.

And it's not a new thing. Back in the late 19th century, when the U.S. industrial base was surging, U.S. cities were full of boarding houses serving the labor which built our nation.

So while some of us may not like to admit it, the U.S. is in fact a nation of boarders.  And we ought to keep that heritage in mind in mind when formulating policy.
No thanks. Harder to evict than a cockroach.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(12-07-2018, 08:34 PM)Dill Wrote: Ok ok. I see how it is a different issue for people in different states.  We don't see all that many boarders in Indiana Pa because, let's face it, most of us own small homes.

But here is where I think a lot of people are missing the point. My father boarded with a family while he was going to college, and I did for three months back in 1973 while I was working on a pipeline in South Dakota. And I remember how thankful I was for security during that period of my life. So suddenly that's not ok now that I am living comfortably and someone else is the boarder? Lot's of people, probably a majority, have boarded with others at some point on their way to success and the American dream.

And it's not a new thing. Back in the late 19th century, when the U.S. industrial base was surging, U.S. cities were full of boarding houses serving the labor which built our nation.

So while some of us may not like to admit it, the U.S. is in fact a nation of boarders.  And we ought to keep that heritage in mind in mind when formulating policy.

(12-07-2018, 08:42 PM)michaelsean Wrote: No thanks. Harder to evict than a cockroach.

Sunset has alerted me to the fact that this may have been a typo from the POTUS!

We believe that he might have meant "hoarders". We are supposed to provide security for the hoarders.

This makes the Wall make much more sense, IMO.
(12-07-2018, 09:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sunset has alerted me to the fact that this may have been a typo from the POTUS!

We believe that he might have meant "hoarders". We are supposed to provide security for the hoarders.

I know of a hoarder, their house is a mess but I do believe Trump is talking about "Horde-r's" but maybe he is talking about those little snack things served at parties and get togethers "Hors d'oeures".

Then again, he may have been posting while hungry.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
I think he meant "water boarders". So either this...

[Image: erikaheineken2.jpg]

or this

[Image: water-boarding-570x337.jpg]
(12-07-2018, 09:17 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: Sunset has alerted me to the fact that this may have been a typo from the POTUS!

I think he meant to protect the Hodors at the entry points. HODOR! HODOR! HODOR!
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(12-07-2018, 11:09 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know of a hoarder, their house is a mess but I do believe Trump is talking about "Horde-r's" but maybe he is talking about those little snack things served at parties and get togethers "Hors d'oeures".

Then again, he may have been posting while hungry.

(12-07-2018, 11:24 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I think he meant "water boarders". 
(12-07-2018, 11:42 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I think he meant to protect the Hodors at the entry points. HODOR! HODOR! HODOR!

People just looking to criticize the president will latch on any small thing and blow it out of proportion, like claiming he was guilty of a misspelling so they do not have to admit what he was really saying. That is why politics has become so divisive in the U.S.

You people cannot tell me that you have not heard Trump in speech after speech refer to "boarders"--"B"-- not "hoarders" and not "hodor."  And nothing about water--except when he mentioned he was ok with torture.  Other than that, I admit he may have meant "boarders" in all the other relevent senses.

E.g.,This link shows an actual training exercise focused on boarder security.
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/1070925236793696256

More patriots in the pic below, training for boarder security wherever and whenever needed.
[Image: Dty07dqVAAABFy5.jpg]
I think we should have a weekly thread called, "What did the President really mean?" where we take a Tweet and try to decipher what he truly meant when he said it.
(12-08-2018, 03:01 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think we should have a weekly thread called, "What did the President really mean?" where we take a Tweet and try to decipher what he truly meant when he said it.

Most of us have full time jobs and wouldn't have time for that.... Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(12-08-2018, 03:01 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: I think we should have a weekly thread called, "What did the President really mean?" where we take a Tweet and try to decipher what he truly meant when he said it.

[Image: Dt5lD2dXgAILZxf.jpg:large]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.