Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bob Trumpy Impressed by Taylor
Former All-Pro Trumpy appears to like Taylor. For whatever it is worth.

[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
No Bob, Zac Taylor is not Dave Shula. He's WORSE than Dave Shula.
Reply/Quote
I'd like more details into what impressed him because Taylor could just be a visionary who is terrible at actually turning vision into reality.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Taylor supposedly goes out of his way to make all Bengals employees like him.

From a coaching perspective...he's done nothing good though. Nothing.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 05:34 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'd like more details into what impressed him because Taylor could just be a visionary who is terrible at actually turning vision into reality.

His vision was to copy the Rams playbook. Visionaries don't do that. They create something new.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 05:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His vision was to copy the Rams playbook. Visionaries don't do that. They create something new.

The Rams playbook is predicated on stellar OL play.
Taylor has the vision to know this (or should).
Now he just has to magically turn water into wine lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Rams playbook is predicated on stellar OL play.

I would like to see J. Williams play this year to see what he brings to the team.  Hopefully he can play LT or RT.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
Trump's full quote.

"I was really impressed with Taylor's ability to get a head coaching job with that lame resume. Let's be clear. He is not Dave Shula. He did not have a Hall of Fame father to help him get this job."
Reply/Quote
We're 1-17 since week 8 of last season; the roster is a serious problem no matter who is the coach.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 06:01 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The Rams playbook is predicated on stellar OL play.

And, the Rams offense is struggling mightily this year, as their OL is no where near the force it was last year.  I hate seeing Whit fade away, but he's falling off a cliff, as of late.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
In latest news: Bob Trumpy has been committed for going senile. He was found walking down the street in his bath robe muttering how smart Zack Taylor and Barney Fife are while eating ketchup packets and drinking his own urine.
Reply/Quote
I may be the only one on this board but I’m not really concerned about ZT. I still think he can be a great coach.

If you want to argue, don’t bother replying to me. I’m not getting into it, I know how you all get. Not going there. I’ll just leave this post here and we can revisit in 3-4 years. Feel free to tell me you told me so then.
Reply/Quote
This team was picked preseason to be a bad team. Vegas hated them. No surprise what happened. Zac gets another year.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 08:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I may be the only one on this board but I’m not really concerned about ZT. I still think he can be a great coach.

If you want to argue, don’t bother replying to me. I’m not getting into it, I know how you all get. Not going there. I’ll just leave this post here and we can revisit in 3-4 years. Feel free to tell me you told me so then.

What particular characteristics have you seen in him that makes you think this? I'm curious.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 09:57 PM)Goalpost Wrote: This team was picked preseason to be a bad team. Vegas hated them. No surprise what happened.   Zac gets another year.

Vegas is based on betting...not some detailed analysis. Part of the reason people hated them was the staff they hired.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 10:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: What particular characteristics have you seen in him that makes you think this? I'm curious.

Some will hate me for saying this, including a good friend Wyche, but Taylor reminds me of a younger Sam Wyche.  He is bubbly, creative, and positive.  I still think, however, he needs to hire a very good OC.    
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 05:48 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: His vision was to copy the Rams playbook. Visionaries don't do that. They create something new.

Actually that isn't true. It was a commonly held belief before he got here, but he is not copying the Rams playbook. He uses some concepts, but concepts are pretty universal, this offense isn't designed anything like LA's as a whole though. 
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 09:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Some will hate me for saying this, including a good friend Wyche, but Taylor reminds me of a younger Sam Wyche.  He is bubbly, creative, and positive.  I still think, however, he needs to hire a very good OC.    

Sorry.

I haven't seen even a glimpse of this yet.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2019, 08:58 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: I may be the only one on this board but I’m not really concerned about ZT. I still think he can be a great coach.

I don't want to argue with you either.

However if I've gotta wait 3-4 years to decide if Zac is good or not...  we've got a problem.

I'll eat my words next season if he is above .500 !!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-20-2019, 09:52 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: Some will hate me for saying this, including a good friend Wyche, but Taylor reminds me of a younger Sam Wyche.  He is bubbly, creative, and positive.  I still think, however, he needs to hire a very good OC.    

Well...the fact that he's a bad playcaller is really a condemnable thing. The main reason he was brought here was for his offensive mind...and he doesn't have it.

I do agree that he seems to have decent personality traits. He just can't handle the tactical/strategic side of football. Kind of a big thing as a HC.

Thus, we're winless instead of with 3-4 wins.
Reply/Quote