Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart
Anybody noticed him this offseason? Heard his name? Has he been flagged at all?

Dare we consider that maybe... he's improved?

I know it's still really early, and I know what his history is. I just think it does kind of stand out that for all the concern about the offensive line, his name hasn't been mentioned like at all.

Curious what others think or have noticed. Is it ok to feel cautiously optimistic here?
Reply/Quote
Haven't heard his name either... Im not really sure how much he's even played in the 3 games... They've shuffled linemen in and out like it's going outta style.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:12 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Anybody noticed him this offseason? Heard his name? Has he been flagged at all?

Dare we consider that maybe... he's improved?

I know it's still really early, and I know what his history is. I just think it does kind of stand out that for all the concern about the offensive line, his name hasn't been mentioned like at all.

Curious what others think or have noticed. Is it ok to feel cautiously optimistic here?

He was flagged a couple of times in the KC game.

We're stuck with him, hopefully he fulfills his contract's altitude.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
He has looked better. We had one play where the back blew the assignment to chip on his side but other than that nothing to speak of.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 02:19 PM)BengalChris Wrote: He was flagged a couple of times in the KC game.

We're stuck with him, hopefully he fulfills his contract's altitude.

Yes he's got a false start and a holding I believe ?

But in the limited time we've seen him he does seem to have improved.
Reply/Quote
The fact that no one is talking about Hart is deafening. He blew one pass-pro assignment that I can tell. None of the O-Line except for Price, is getting in push at the LOS. The O-Line is a mess.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
Only 25 years old with 4 years of NFL experience, I think Hart is on a mission to make his doubters look foolish.

This is looking like one of the rare instances the Bengals front office knew more than the fans.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 08:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Only 25 years old with 4 years of NFL experience, I think Hart is on a mission to make his doubters look foolish.

This is looking like one of the rare instances the Bengals front office knew more than the fans.

In all fairness, we watched the guy stink at his job all of 2018 so it's not like we made a knee-jerk reaction.  Here's hoping he's a grand player, but it was fair for us to be not so thrilled with the guy.
Reply/Quote
Only one way up from rock bottom. I hope he plays well this will be his 5th year in the league i'm just not expecting some huge breakout year like this guy is in his 2nd or 3rd season, he was a 7th round pick for a reason. Maybe a new scheme and Tuner will help him, if he plays close to average i'll call it a win. Cleveland's D-line is gonna be tough to handle this year with Oliver and Garret at DE. The offensive line will get tested early week 2 versus the 49ers with Bosa, Buckner, Dee Ford, and company rushing the QB.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 08:02 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Only 25 years old with 4 years of NFL experience, I think Hart is on a mission to make his doubters look foolish.

You guys are way premature to declare the Hart signing a success by the front office after 3 preseason games.

Maybe he does improve? It's impossible to tell at this point. He likely hasn't even played the equivalent of 1 NFL game yet...and had 2 penalties in that time. And the offense can't run the ball at all.
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are way premature to declare the Hart signing a success by the front office after 3 preseason games.

Maybe he does improve? It's impossible to tell at this point. He likely hasn't even played the equivalent of 1 NFL game yet...and had 2 penalties in that time. And the offense can't run the ball at all.

No one is saying that he is a F/O success, just that this may be an instance where sticking it out was the right choice by them.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You guys are way premature to declare the Hart signing a success by the front office after 3 preseason games.

I love how "one guy" becomes "you guys".
Reply/Quote
(08-24-2019, 11:59 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No one is saying that he is a F/O success, just that this may be an instance where sticking it out was the right choice by them.

Hindsight is 20/20 and all but imagine where we'd be had they not re-signed him. We'd be looking at a Smith/Dugas starting tandem in Seattle if Glenn's concussion were to linger.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:18 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20 and all but imagine where we'd be had they not re-signed him. We'd be looking at a Smith/Dugas starting tandem in Seattle if Glenn's concussion were to linger.

Ugly indeed.

I personally just have a gut feeling that he will be very good this year, but that's just my gut.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:18 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Hindsight is 20/20 and all but imagine where we'd be had they not re-signed him. We'd be looking at a Smith/Dugas starting tandem in Seattle if Glenn's concussion were to linger.

Had they not re-signed him they would have had to sign someone else
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I can't believe I was stupid enough to doubt Bobby Hart...oh, what a fully foolish fool I've been! I will say it's nice to see he hasn't continued to stink as much as we've come to expect from him (it's so unfair when people actually take your past actions into account when judging your future worth), but I'm not going to apologize for doubting him until he has a whole season good enough to undo the crap of 2018. That's fair, right?

I'm rooting for him, but I'm not sure 3 pre-season games of not sucking can undo 4 years of sucking. Here is hoping he can build upon this, but I'm not feeling like a dumbass quite yet (at least not about this)!
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 01:43 AM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Had they not re-signed him they would have had to sign someone else

Like  who? First there has to be someone out there to sign. Second they have to even want to come here.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:29 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I can't believe I was stupid enough to doubt Bobby Hart...oh, what a fully foolish fool I've been!  I will say it's nice to see he hasn't continued to stink as much as we've come to expect from him (it's so unfair when people actually take your past actions into account when judging your future worth), but I'm not going to apologize for doubting him until he has a whole season good enough to undo the crap of 2018.  That's fair, right?

I'm rooting for him, but I'm not sure 3 pre-season games of not sucking can undo 4 years of sucking.  Here is hoping he can build upon this, but I'm not feeling like a dumbass quite yet (at least not about this)!

Yeah, you completely misread the tone of this thread. I was genuinely curious what people have noticed with Hart (Mr. Talk-of-the-offseason) because I trust others opinions when it comes to O-line play. I'm not exactly throwing him a parade or handing him a trophy in the OP.

Apologies for bringing our starting RT up... maybe we can steer this into being Andy Dalton thread #962 instead.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:42 AM)NKURyan Wrote: Yeah, you completely misread the tone of this thread. I was genuinely curious what people have noticed with Hart (Mr. Talk-of-the-offseason) because I trust others opinions when it comes to O-line play. I'm not exactly throwing him a parade or handing him a trophy in the OP.

Apologies for bringing our starting RT up... maybe we can steer this into being Andy Dalton thread #962 instead.

Id rather talk about Jake Dolegala being a HOF-er.
Reply/Quote
(08-25-2019, 02:48 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Id rather talk about Jake Dolegala being a HOF-er.

Ah, you must be confused then. You're looking for this thread:

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-Dolegala-shines?highlight=dolegala

Thanks for stopping by, though, you really added a lot. We were running low on gross over exaggeration here.
Reply/Quote