Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bobby Hart..
So, after watching Hart attempting to block, looking as if he were high AF and just blocking air space while the defender almost thanks him as he passes to the inside, anyone still think that he's worth keeping around?

I mean, I've read some arguments against drafting Sewell, but it's hard to overlook the performance of a guy that the management thought so highly of, that they gave him a $21M contract extension.

More to the bigger point, time for Mike, Katie and Co. to just admit that they can't put a team together, and just turn it over to an actual GM.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He bad

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: More to the bigger point, time for Mike, Katie and Co. to just admit that they can't put a team together, and just turn it over to an actual GM.

It's pretty hard for people who are anywhere but at absolute rock bottom to admit they are wrong/failing and need help.  I just can't see a group of 2nd and 3rd generation plutocrats reaching that point.

I half jokingly tell people who wonder if anyone can talk some sense into Mike Brown to use this holiday time to try to convince one of your oldest relatives that he is wrong about something/anything and report back to us.
Reply/Quote
YOU CAN’T FIND TACKLES AT WALMART!!!
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, after watching Hart attempting to block, looking as if he were high AF and just blocking air space while the defender almost thanks him as he passes to the inside, anyone still think that he's worth keeping around?  

I mean, I've read some arguments against drafting Sewell, but it's hard to overlook the performance of a guy that the management thought so highly of, that they gave him a $21M contract extension.

More to the bigger point, time for Mike, Katie and Co. to just admit that they can't put a team together, and just turn it over to an actual GM.

The contract is actually not a liability. He has only 1 million in dead money, but save 6 million if we cut him.

Other cuts Gio we save 4 million. Geno we save 9 million.

That is 19 million to add to our 41 million (even with cap being reduced to $175 million per team) so we have a ton of money and there will be bargains everywhere to build this team. There are 10 teams over the new cap already with others in trouble if they want to sign their top FA's.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:51 PM)michaelsean Wrote: YOU CAN’T FIND TACKLES AT WALMART!!!

Wrong again!

https://www.walmart.com/search/?query=tackles&cat_id=4125
Reply/Quote
The truth of the matter is Hart is awful at pass pro. He has a half dozen or more plays every game where he blocks nobody. And quite often he just doesn't know who to block. And the he's learning excuse holds no water.

Truth is we basically need an entire Oline. The bulk of our "starters" are backups at best.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 12:05 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Truth is we basically need an entire Oline. The bulk of our "starters" are backups at best.

This statement needs to be highlighted and pinned. It’s true. Like I have said before, “Cincinnati good” isn’t “NFL good.”
Reply/Quote
It isn't just the players it is what Turner is teaching them. We get decent players who under Turner regress.

Look at our line on a typical play. The pad levels are too high and they do not fire off the snap forward into the defense - they frequently backpedal immediately. How many former NFL linemen and current NFL coaches have to point out that the line schemes are faulty and the technique is bad before they actually accept it?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2020, 11:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, after watching Hart attempting to block, looking as if he were high AF and just blocking air space while the defender almost thanks him as he passes to the inside, anyone still think that he's worth keeping around?  

Jonah likely has a major knee injury.  Even if Sewell is their pick, they're going to have to keep Bobby around until they know Jonah can play.  I would love to upgrade over him and move on, but back to back seasons on IR call Jonah's reliability into serious question.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:21 AM)Whatever Wrote: Jonah likely has a major knee injury.  Even if Sewell is their pick, they're going to have to keep Bobby around until they know Jonah can play.  I would love to upgrade over him and move on, but back to back seasons on IR call Jonah's reliability into serious question.

Keep Hart around why ? He's very, very, easily upgraded upon this offseason.
Reply/Quote

I wish we could simply replace the line coach and see how these players, including Hart play.  I kinda feel like they're playing the way they're coached.  

Drafting Sewell seems like the smartest choice.  Of course, I want Chase so I'd love if changing our O-line coach would immediately upgrade our folks through scheme/technique and we could then have Chase, Boyd, Higgins.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:21 AM)Whatever Wrote: Jonah likely has a major knee injury.  Even if Sewell is their pick, they're going to have to keep Bobby around until they know Jonah can play.  I would love to upgrade over him and move on, but back to back seasons on IR call Jonah's reliability into serious question.

Jonah aside, I don't see why we couldn't find an upgrade for hart. 
Reply/Quote
Between Hart's play today and Jonah's injury, you can basically put Sewell's name on the draft card right now.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

But if they did, we know who'd be first in line. 

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fimg.bleacherreport.net%...f=1&nofb=1]
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2020, 01:35 AM)wildcatnku24 Wrote: I wish we could simply replace the line coach and see how these players, including Hart play.  I kinda feel like they're playing the way they're coached.  

Drafting Sewell seems like the smartest choice.  Of course, I want Chase so I'd love if changing our O-line coach would immediately upgrade our folks through scheme/technique and we could then have Chase, Boyd, Higgins.

I never imagined that Chase would be in our draft conversation. But then, I never imagined that we'd go 2-14 again. As much as I want Chase, and for all the reasons you do, we have to draft Sewell. I feel awful for him that he's hurt, but Jonah didn't impress me much this year. I'd try him at RT and take Sewell. We have an elite QB. That means we can compete for a ring if we get the right guys around him. That has to start with his protection. Chase would be amazing in Cincy, reuniting with Burrow. Damn. Damn. Damn. Do I want him!! But I know that games really are won and lost in the trenches. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote

He is the exact type of tackle you go to Walmart mart for LOL
Reply/Quote
I am in no position to defend Hart this season, but I would like to see if anyone has access to objective stats like sacks allowed, etc for 2020.

All the objective stats from 2019 showed that Hart was a well above average pass blocker that would not be easy to replace. Fans here just continued to hate on him for his 2018 performance. I remember when Andre Smith was a favorite message board whipping boy even after he started to play at a very high level

From what I see our O-line's biggest failure is picking up stunts and blitzes. They seem to fail more at assignment than being beaten one-on-one. Hart and all the rest of them have looked bad this year. But remember when everyone was gushing about Spain not allowing a sack in years. Then he comes here and blows an assignment on the play that got Jonah Williams injured.
Reply/Quote
$21M contract extension LOL
Reply/Quote
Bobby Hart epitomizes a Mike Brown type of football player. He is young with room for growth bargained price and is a team player. With Jonah Williams inability to stay healthy, The Bengals only have one reliable player along the Oline and he is average at best.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote