Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bobby Hart has a higher PFF grade than most of the free agent guards
Reply/Quote
We’ll be signing Trai Turner by the looks of it lol.
Reply/Quote
Yea, but what is it compared to our guards? That's what we need these guards for, an upgrade to our guards "grades".
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Does Mike Jordan have a higher grade than any of those guys? That’s who needs to be replaced the most.

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 02:42 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: We’ll be signing Trai Turner by the looks of it lol.

I sure hope so. Last year was the end of a 5 year Pro Bowl run Trai. 

He gave up one sack and two penalties last year. Perhaps PFF rated him so low because he missed games with injury. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Jordan: 55.7
Spain: 56.7
XSF: 59.1

Why are we comparing different positions? I won't swear to it, but I don't think the grades work for cross-position comparison. (Assuming you put much stock in the grades to begin with. I think they're just an interesting reference point.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
This is why you take PFF with a grain of salt, instead of worshiping it like the Bible or something
Reply/Quote
Cool, more reason to trade Hart..
Reply/Quote
The problem with posting that is if you believe in pff so hard then why not mention that he is the 60th ranked tackle in pass blocking? His overall pff score is augmented by being a league average run blocker at tackle being 31st on the list.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 03:28 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: Cool, more reason to trade Hart..

Honestly Hart played solid last season, Jordan was awful though
Reply/Quote
Mitchell Swartz was 74.5

Rick Wagner was 78.2
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 03:12 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Jordan: 55.7
Spain: 56.7
XSF: 59.1

Why are we comparing different positions? I won't swear to it, but I don't think the grades work for cross-position comparison. (Assuming you put much stock in the grades to begin with. I think they're just an interesting reference point.)

Feel the same way and these grades just show why I put no stock in PFF. Spain and XSF were clearly better than Jordan 
by a wide margin. Feiler is way better than Hart as well, cause he can pass block. We need to protect Burrow, priority #1.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 03:39 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: The problem with posting that is if you believe in pff so hard then why not mention that he is the 60th ranked tackle in pass blocking? His overall pff score is augmented by being a league average run blocker at tackle being 31st on the list.

What are his actual grades for each?  For his overall grade and ranking to be where they are, it would indicate that there's a substantial chunk of T's that are barely better than him in pass pro, but are downright awful run blockers.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 04:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: What are his actual grades for each?  For his overall grade and ranking to be where they are, it would indicate that there's a substantial chunk of T's that are barely better than him in pass pro, but are downright awful run blockers.

Yeah, have to have a grade for both run blocking and pass blocking. To be fair to Hart he is a good run blocker.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 04:53 PM)Whatever Wrote: What are his actual grades for each?  For his overall grade and ranking to be where they are, it would indicate that there's a substantial chunk of T's that are barely better than him in pass pro, but are downright awful run blockers.

Pass blocking 60.8
Run blocking 68.5
Reply/Quote

I saw Goodberry say it was 60.8 for his pass blocking grade.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 05:06 PM)SErebel11 Wrote: Pass blocking 60.8
Run blocking 68.5

Thanks.
Reply/Quote
I think we should keep Hart let him compete for guard position and be a good swing man guard/tackle for depth
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 05:25 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I think we should keep Hart let him compete for guard position and be a good swing man guard/tackle for depth

Too expensive for a back up IMO.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2021, 02:40 PM)Trademark Wrote:

So, what are we saying here?  The free agent pool of Guards isn't the pot of gold that so many thought it would be?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote