Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Bodine
First off, I am not a fan who watches the game like a coach. I watch the ball.

I'm basing this thread on what I hear here.

Bodine is out at least a few games. I hope this team 'bodes' (no pun intended) better without him then they have without Tate!
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:19 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: First off, I am not a fan who watches the game like a coach. I watch the ball.

I'm basing this thread on what I hear here.

Bodine is out at least a few games. I hope this team 'bodes' (no pun intended) better without him then they have without Tate!

I will say that I noticed his replacement was firing off of the ball low and getting under the pads....even though he got shoved around some too.  Bodine has a tendency to stand straight up and lose leverage at Jump Street.  Winston was an upgrade over Ced....that's scary.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Might be a blessing. He might never get his job back. It's sad it takes an injury for the team to make a move.
Reply/Quote
I don't see Johnson being an upgrade at center.

I'm assuming they're not going to sign a FA center.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:30 AM)Big Boss Wrote: I don't see Johnson being an upgrade at center.

I'm assuming they're not going to sign a FA center.

Most likely not.....but at least his technique is better.  He comes off the ball low, unlike Russell.

Reply/Quote
"Better" has many components. The kid was still getting shoved true but his technique was way better than Bodine's. This is his chance to make the case for himself-let's see how he does.
Reply/Quote
What team, in their right mind; loses the starting Center to injury --upon replacing said injured Center, proceeds to run a running play behind that replacement?

The Bengals.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:03 PM)Joelist Wrote: "Better" has many components. The kid was still getting shoved true but his technique was way better than Bodine's. This is his chance to make the case for himself-let's see how he does.

didn't Zeitler play some center at Wisconsin?

I am sure Bodine is a nice kid but he is just terrible. He gets tossed around so often and he cannot play a dam against a 3-4 alignment. 

Why can other teams rush against the Steelers ( like Miami yesterday) and we get 2 yards per carry if we are lucky.
Reply/Quote
What about Westerman? I thought I read he is able to play center. A lot of scouts were high on him.
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 01:24 PM)bengals67 Wrote: didn't Zeitler play some center at Wisconsin?

I am sure Bodine is a nice kid but he is just terrible. He gets tossed around so often and he cannot play a dam against a 3-4 alignment. 

Why can other teams rush against the Steelers ( like Miami yesterday) and we get 2 yards per carry if we are lucky.
With 2 new starters they just signed to the OL this week
Reply/Quote
If Bodine hadn't gotten pushed back in a one on one block, the guy who fell would not have landed on his ankle.
“I’m Pacman Jones n****, what the [expletive] I got on me?”
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:44 PM)MentalRage Wrote: What about Westerman? I thought I read he is able to play center. A lot of scouts were high on him.

Maybe this injury will get him suited up on game day.

It took Marvin nearly 3 years to finally get Jerome Simpson into a game (a second round draft pick no less), and he only did that due to no ochocinco or T.O. for the last two games. Marv isn't the brightest out there when it comes to getting players on the field. 
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 02:46 PM)spazz70 Wrote: With 2 new starters they just signed to the OL this week

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 11:44 AM)Wyche Wrote: Most likely not.....but at least his technique is better.  He comes off the ball low, unlike Russell.

What's that the old coaches always preached?  Low man, quick man, always has a shot of winning the play.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 03:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: What's that the old coaches always preached?  Low man, quick man, always has a shot of winning the play.

Yep....get under their pads....use leverage.....quick first step.  We had these chutes we had to fire off the ball under.  They were made of tubular steel.  If you raised any at all....you would get your bell rung....lol.

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:26 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....get under their pads....use leverage.....quick first step.  We had these chutes we had to fire off the ball under.  They were made of tubular steel.  If you raised any at all....you would get your bell rung....lol.

Which would be followed by immediate laughter from your teammates as you lie there in a daze.

Good times.
Reply/Quote
I don't think TJ Johnson is any sort of answer, but he's got a chance to keep Bodine on the bench if he can handle Danny Shelton this week.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
I know it will fall on deaf ears; as upset homer is the best evaluator of talent, but Bodine has played well for us this year. He's had one bad game and shown steady improvement throughout the year up to the point he was our 2-3 best onlineman. Independent evaluators have supported this view.

This coming from someone who has wanted him replaced the last couple years and earlier this year. WTS, I've always thought TJ Johnson could be a fine Center. He is long and strong.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 04:34 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Which would be followed by immediate laughter from your teammates as you lie there in a daze.

Good times.

LOL Yup!

Reply/Quote
(10-17-2016, 05:11 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I know it will fall on deaf ears; as upset homer is the best evaluator of talent, but Bodine has played well for us this year. He's had one bad game and shown steady improvement throughout the year up to the point he was our 2-3 best onlineman. Independent evaluators have supported this view.

This coming from someone who has wanted him replaced the last couple years and earlier this year. WTS, I've always thought TJ Johnson could be a fine Center. He is long and strong.

You're not the only one to have noticed that Bodine has shown tremendous effort toward being at least tenacious in his blocking abilities.  I think part of the problem is that his body is too top heavy for him to get low and drive.  He almost is built better for DL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote