Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine
(09-11-2017, 03:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Rams with their new left tackle Andrew Whitworth put up 46 points, 11 more points than anyone else in the league, and won by 35.

Actually 4 points more than the 42 that Kansas City hung on New England.  But yes, Whitworth is in a better place now.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Actually 4 points more than the 42 that Kansas City hung on New England.  But yes, Whitworth is in a better place now.

Good point. I hate the Chiefs and I mental block them.
Reply/Quote
But what do the fans know. We dont know as much as the coach's. They see these players in practice . Fml
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:58 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Meanwhile, the Los Angeles Rams with their new left tackle Andrew Whitworth put up 46 points, 11 more points than anyone else in the league, and won by 35.

Well, at least I can pull for them this season and hope Whit gets a ring.

It is a really similar situation out there. Long time head coach who underachieves, very weird and questionable front office moves, and some really dominate players on defense. 

Difference is, the Rams went out and signed veteran All-Pro guy to be on the line and help their QB who had questions around him and improve their running game. They also shit canned the bum running the team that wasn't getting it done. Sucks to be jealous of the Rams.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Good point.  I hate the Chiefs and I mental block them.

Pretty sure P A could coach that " mental blocking " ability out of you Smirk .
Reply/Quote
Lest we forget even before the line completely imploded it was called out repeatedly by people who should know (like Joe Walter and Anthony Munoz) on poor technique and poor leverage. And Bodine has been identified as the worst center in the NFL for a couple of seasons now. Kind of funny when you think of how Atlanta reacted to the way poor Center play was torpedoing the offense - they went out and spent the money on a good Center and the effect was massive.
Reply/Quote
Redlegs posted a hilarious play from the game. Dalton dropped back to pass so Bodine's guy backed up, jumped in the air, and attempted to bat the ball down. Now, I was taught that if a DL jumps up you jam them in the chest/stomach to make them hesitant to jump again.

What did Bodine do? He mirror jumped the guy. Didn't touch him. Just jumped in the air with the guy. Like he was on a trampoline.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Guards are fairly easy to find in free agency. Ronald Leary was a guy that I wanted. He's a Bronco.

The draft is weird for Centers. They generally don't go in the 1st Round.

Believe it or not, Boling is the highest paid OL on the Bengals right now at $4.95 mill this year.
If you sort team rosters by position, the Bengals are spending the second least amount on OL ($16.8 mill) behind only the Seahawks ($16.5 mill).
I don't think it's any coincidence that the two teams who have spent the least on OL also struggled mightily on offense the first game of the season.

The Bengals have been very averse to spending a lot of cash on outside OL in the past, but the position they've been most willing to spend on outside FA for OL has been RG.
Smith was originally brought back to be the starting RG. Bobbie Williams was brought in from outside and held the RG position (relatively cheaply) from 2004-2011.

I agree on the draft being weird for centers. They sometimes do go in later half of the 1st round. However, I think the Bengals will be in a good position to get a quality center in the 2nd round, as they'll likely be picking in the top half of each round.

Gotta come away with at least two good OL in the first three rounds next year. Maybe the Bengals will go FA for a third (likely only if $5 mill a year or less).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:53 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Believe it or not, Boling is the highest paid OL on the Bengals right now at $4.95 mill this year.
If you sort team rosters by position, the Bengals are spending the second least amount on OL ($16.8 mill) behind only the Seahawks ($16.5 mill).
I don't think it's any coincidence that the two teams who have spent the least on OL also struggled mightily on offense the first game of the season.

The Bengals have been very averse to spending a lot of cash on outside OL in the past, but the position they've been most willing to spend on outside FA for OL has been RG.
Smith was originally brought back to be the starting RG. Bobbie Williams was brought in from outside and held the RG position (relatively cheaply) from 2004-2011.

I agree on the draft being weird for centers. They sometimes do go in later half of the 1st round. However, I think the Bengals will be in a good position to get a quality center in the 2nd round, as they'll likely be picking in the top half of each round.

Gotta come away with at least two good OL in the first three rounds next year. Maybe the Bengals will go FA for a third (likely only if $5 mill a year or less).

They're probably working on an extension for Bodine as we type.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They're probably working on an extension for Bodine as we type.

[Image: tenor.gif]
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: They're probably working on an extension for Bodine as we type.

This is the only time I'm glad the Bengals don't do contract extensions in season. If Marvin (Please God, Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, Flying Spaghetti Monster, anyone who will listen please let it be so) gets fired finally, the new coach would hopefully be smart enough to nix bring Bodine and paino man back. Unless he wants to lose as well...

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Redlegs posted a hilarious play from the game. Dalton dropped back to pass so Bodine's guy backed up, jumped in the air, and attempted to bat the ball down. Now, I was taught that if a DL jumps up you jam them in the chest/stomach to make them hesitant to jump again.

What did Bodine do? He mirror jumped the guy. Didn't touch him. Just jumped in the air with the guy. Like he was on a trampoline.

Saw the same. Bodine is an idiot. The Bengals' very own Hodor...except not likeable.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Redlegs posted a hilarious play from the game. Dalton dropped back to pass so Bodine's guy backed up, jumped in the air, and attempted to bat the ball down. Now, I was taught that if a DL jumps up you jam them in the chest/stomach to make them hesitant to jump again.

That's the product of some superior coaching, right there.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That's the product of some superior coaching, right there.

Stop. I know it's the vogue thing but coaching has 0 percent to do with that. 

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Bengals coaches. No need to manufacture them. 
Reply/Quote
I think Fisher shows some glimmer of hope. I'd dump Ogabooboo and Bodine and draft replacements as well as sign capable vets that can play if the picks flop.

Then again, I would've done that this year, too.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:20 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I think Fisher shows some glimmer of hope. I'd dump Ogabooboo and Bodine and draft replacements as well as sign capable vets that can play if the picks flop.

Then again, I would've done that this year, too.

He was quite good actually. Both flags were bad calls by officials. 
Just straight finishes. 

Im assuming that is what is lowering his PFF grade (lame as hell). He missed on block and Dalton escaped then he proceeded to hit the next two purple jerseys he saw
Reply/Quote
We allowed a pro bowl level LT who loved the team, his teammates and the city to leave.

We have refused to replace one of the 3 or 4 worst centers in the league for 3 years.

Probably the best thing for this team is a 2-14 season with no fans showing up for most of the games. It is the only chance for major change happening in this organization.

I have been watching the Bengals for 50 years. They were actually a really good franchise when Paul Brown was alive with lots of promise.

They will never win the Super Bowl ( and probably never win a playoff game) with Marv as coach and without a complete clean out of the coaching staff.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:15 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Stop. I know it's the vogue thing but coaching has 0 percent to do with that. 

There are plenty of reasons to dislike Bengals coaches. No need to manufacture them. 

I was making a joke, but I can see how someone might take that seriously.  I mean they might think that Alexander did such a great job at teaching Bodine the mirror drills that when the NT jumped, he jumped.  Ninja

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 05:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was making a joke, but I can see how someone might take that seriously.  I mean they might think that Alexander did such a great job at teaching Bodine the mirror drills that when the NT jumped, he jumped.  Ninja

They gotta stop the pickup games at practice 
Reply/Quote
As painful as it was I just watched the game again on NFL Game pass in slow motion every offensive snap. It was not just Bodine it was both guards and the center being pushed back into Daltons lap for the first 3 quarters of the game by two D linemen. Not making excuses for Dalton he had a bunch of bonehead plays in the game. But both guards and the center was on skates all day long until the 4th quarter. When 3 guys get pushed backwards by 2 guys you got issues it was not once or twice it was for 3 quarters of the game.
Reply/Quote