Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine
its really pathetic that we are already talking draft next yr. but not surprised. The Bengals were arrogant when they drafted "OGBLEWI" in Rd 1 with an existing injury. The moment I saw this guy, he looked "slim " and not enough lead in his lower body to be an NFL OT. He continues to look so hopeless out there and get prison banged by guys like "t Sizzle" ,,and lord knows what JJ Watt will do this guy Thursday nite.Its going to be a loooong season.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: TJ Johnson isn't better than that?

Ya but Johnson isn't PA's personal pick. And PA's pick has to be good because well PA picked him, right ? And PA isn't going to admit he made a mistake because well, he doesn't have to. PA's ego comes before winning.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 02:32 PM)lone bengal Wrote: Ogbuehi's play has made me forget how bad Bodine is then I saw these highlights and I'm not sure who's worse. Also bench press strength apparently doesn't translate to the NFL lol.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LanceMcAlister/status/907244148369100800/video/1

https://mobile.twitter.com/lancemcalister/status/907268939981484034

OMG That's horrible. Boling looked pretty pathetic there too. Looked like a scared little girl, pretty sure I heard screaming.
Reply/Quote
I'm calling bullshit on everyone already yelling OL with the first 3 picks next year. Every year we do this same shit. Then the draft comes and everyone gets fixated on these flashy players then try to justify wasting a first round pick on a WR while telling everyone how it was the right move since no OL player was worth a pick. F%*kin BS. Fix the damn lines.
Reply/Quote
Was just watching the Vikings on a drive and paying particular attention to their rookie center Elflein. Night and day difference compared to our 4th year center ! Tune in and watch, you'll be amazed by watching actual blocking.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 08:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Was just watching the Vikings on a drive and paying particular attention to their rookie center Elflein. Night and day difference compared to our 4th year center ! Tune in and watch, you'll be amazed by watching actual blocking.

I'm watching them. It's pretty sickening. They have 2 OL rookies playing don't they?
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 09:38 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm watching them. It's pretty sickening. They have 2 OL rookies playing don't they?

Think so, sickening ain't it ?
Reply/Quote
Piano man says you guys dont know what your talking about
Reply/Quote
My god Bodine n Cedric the turnstile are hot garbage
Reply/Quote
Bradford is lighting it up. Must be nice
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 08:30 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm calling bullshit on everyone already yelling OL with the first 3 picks next year. Every year we do this same shit. Then the draft comes and everyone gets fixated on these flashy players then try to justify wasting a first round pick on a WR while telling everyone how it was the right move since no OL player was worth a pick. F%*kin BS. Fix the damn lines.

Uh, just a few years ago we "fixed" the O-line with picks in rounds 1 and 2.

Don't say that it doesn't happen, because the Bengals have done it in the past.

That being said, I still wouldn't have drafted an OT at #9.  I still wouldn't have passed on Mixon in the 2nd round or Willis in 3 or Lawson in 4.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 08:39 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Was just watching the Vikings on a drive and paying particular attention to their rookie center Elflein. Night and day difference compared to our 4th year center ! Tune in and watch, you'll be amazed by watching actual blocking.

First thoughts that came to mind were about Eiflin....then how they took that guy out of FSU that played every down and every quarter....rolls out there and proceeds to beat APs record....lol.  **** this team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:30 PM)Wyche Wrote: First thoughts that came to mind were about Eiflin....then how they took that guy out of FSU that played every down and every quarter....rolls out there and proceeds to beat APs record....lol.  **** this team.

Yeah Eiflin and Ronald Leary in free agency...then sign Smith to be the starting RT and move Fisher to LT.

That's a decent line.

Fisher/Boling/Eiflin/Leary/Smith

Leary is a road grader of a Guard. Our run game would be on track with him and he would have only costed about $8.5 million a year. We had $18.6 million in cap space going into the season.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:42 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah Eiflin and Ronald Leary in free agency...then sign Smith to be the starting RT and move Fisher to LT.

That's a decent line.

Fisher/Boling/Eiflin/Leary/Smith

Leary is a road grader of a Guard. Our run game would be on track with him and he would have only costed about $8.5 million a year. We had $18.6 million in cap space going into the season.

But....but...but extensions....rookie and injury pools!  Think about Son of Paul's pockets and the pennies!

**** this team.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 11:09 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Uh, just a few years ago we "fixed" the O-line with picks in rounds 1 and 2.

Don't say that it doesn't happen, because the Bengals have done it in the past.

That being said, I still wouldn't have drafted an OT at #9.  I still wouldn't have passed on Mixon in the 2nd round or Willis in 3 or Lawson in 4.

Everybody knew what we had in Ced and Fisher coming into this season. They didn't fix anything drafting them and they know it. Sure they may have tried to trade back in the 1st this year but even when they couldn't we had our pick of any O lineman in the draft. I think people put too much stock into where a player is drafted, does 10 pick slots really make a difference 2 years down the road. There were plenty of guys in that draft that could have helped this line out, surely they can't be worse than what we have. Yes I would have taken 2 maybe even 3 linemen over the guys we got in the first 4. What did any of those players do to help us win Sunday? Mixon had 9 yards and Ross can't even get on the field.
Reply/Quote
Bodine has the Piano Man Seal of Approval, which means hes never getting benched.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Watching Pat Elflein open holes as Dalvin Cook went for 121 yards and 5 ypc (admittedly against the Saints) made me kind of sick last night.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 03:34 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: He didn't struggle yesterday. Had one bad rep. 
Otherwise was by far our best offensive player yesterday.

I appreciate you have done a fair bit of scouting in to Fisher, but he had more than 1 bad rep. And yes he was better than the rest of the line. But to be fair it really wasn't hard to be a lot better than the rest.
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2017, 07:25 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Watching Pat Elflein open holes as Dalvin Cook went for 121 yards and 5 ypc (admittedly against the Saints) made me kind of sick last night.

Interesting. I haven't watched that game yet, but PFF didn't rate him very high at all.

They had him at 33.9 overall with a Pass block of 68.7 and a Run Block of 29.5. That's worse than Bodine for week 1. But in fairness other players on that Minnesota line got much better ratings so perhaps he was masked somewhat. Will have to watch that game tonight if i can.

Looking at Bodine's Rank though he was 36.2 but he was 15.5 on Pass Block and 48.9 on Run Block. 15.5 on pass block !!! that's some kind of special. And watching the game its spot on as to how bad Bodine was in pass blocking.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2017, 04:52 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Redlegs posted a hilarious play from the game. Dalton dropped back to pass so Bodine's guy backed up, jumped in the air, and attempted to bat the ball down. Now, I was taught that if a DL jumps up you jam them in the chest/stomach to make them hesitant to jump again.

What did Bodine do? He mirror jumped the guy. Didn't touch him. Just jumped in the air with the guy. Like he was on a trampoline.

That's funny - and sadly coaching.  How Paul Alexander has a job is beyond mind boggling.
Reply/Quote