Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bodine has a point
(08-21-2015, 06:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Okay I'm willing to let him have it because he hasn't had any problems in a game. But why don't the coaches and Dalton understand then if it's just as simple as practicing a technique? Not trying to be a s.a, but really. He hasn't expressed that with Hue and Dalton? Or if he has they just don't care..... enough to get yelled at in front of everyone and benched repeatedly.

That says something (not good) about Dalton and Hue then. Thanks a lot teammate and coach. You know he is practicing a new technique, and that is what practice is for. Embarrass him in front of the Giants and training camp news crew and fans. With teammates like that, who needs Steeler fans?

Because if you have to change how a center holds a snap or snaps for protections, it means you likely think he just flat out cannot make the block with his "normal" snapping and you are trying to find anyway to help him get the block...problem is, he isn't succeeding snapping in this new fashion that should help his protections. So what is likely the cause of the frustration is this: If he doesn't use the new snaps, he can't make his block...if he does he can't get the ball to the QB on a consistent basis. 

if it were simply just that, they wouldn't flip out and yank him from practice. They'd be more understanding and work with him more. 
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 09:02 AM)djs7685 Wrote: Oh, I don't think Alexander is terrible, but you asked who drafts a center with snapping issues, and wasn't Bodine "Paul's guy"??

I could be wrong about that, but I remember talk when he was drafted about Bodine being hand picked by Paul.

You are correct about Alexander's comment and another reason why Paul is an over rated coach.  The line is successful in spite of Paul. If Bodine has a low ceiling and he is "Paul' guy", than all I can say is KEEP PAUL OUT OF THE DRAFT ROOM.  BTW, why wasn't the snap issues addressed during the off season work outs?  It is not hard to work on snap techniques with different hand positions by yourself.  I guess after this year when the offense can't progress due to another weak coaching attempt on the O line relating to the center position, the Bengals will have to draft a center in the first round to compensate for Alexander's lack of coaching ability.  We been there and done that for the past 20 years with Alexander.  Why should Bengal nation be surprised by this potential outcome?

Queue the Fredtoast defense of Alexander and his suspect rationale on why Alexander is so awesome.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 10:24 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: You are correct about Alexander's comment and another reason why Paul is an over rated coach.  The line is successful in spite of Paul.  If Bodine has a low ceiling and he is "Paul' guy", than all I can say is KEEP PAUL OUT OF THE DRAFT ROOM.  BTW, why wasn't the snap issues addressed during the off season work outs?  It is not hard to work on snap techniques with different hand positions by yourself.  I guess after this year when the offense can't progress due to another weak coaching attempt on the O line relating to the center position, the Bengals will have to draft a center in the first round to compensate for Alexander's lack of coaching ability.  We been there and done that for the past 20 years with Alexander.  Why should Bengal nation be surprised by this potential outcome?

Queue the Fredtoast defense of Alexander and his suspect rationale on why Alexander is so awesome.

I don't respond to people who just throw out their incorrect opinion with nothing to back it up.  Not wasting my time with trolls.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 10:49 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I don't respond to people who just throw out their incorrect opinion with nothing to back it up.  Not wasting my time with trolls.

True to form......thank you and have a nice day Rock On
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 10:24 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: You are correct about Alexander's comment and another reason why Paul is an over rated coach.  The line is successful in spite of Paul.  If Bodine has a low ceiling and he is "Paul' guy", than all I can say is KEEP PAUL OUT OF THE DRAFT ROOM.  BTW, why wasn't the snap issues addressed during the off season work outs?  It is not hard to work on snap techniques with different hand positions by yourself.  I guess after this year when the offense can't progress due to another weak coaching attempt on the O line relating to the center position, the Bengals will have to draft a center in the first round to compensate for Alexander's lack of coaching ability.  We been there and done that for the past 20 years with Alexander.  Why should Bengal nation be surprised by this potential outcome?

Our OL has been respected by the rest of the NFL for a very long time. He is the constant, not the players so how can you totally ignore Alexander's contribution?

Do you ignore Lewis's inability to win playoff games also, or do you just pick random coaches or players to throw under the bus? If you blame Lewis, then do you give AD a free pass for his 0-4 record? I am just curious how your mind is working or if your mind is working at all.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote

If Alexander has a weakness, it's been getting quality centers through the draft. But that could also be a Tobin thing. 

His ability to maximize the play of tackles and to a lesser degree guards...is very good and one of the better track records at those positions. 
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 11:00 AM)Bronxbengal Wrote: True to form......thank you and have a nice day Rock On

Proud of my form.  When you want to post some facts to back up your opinion I'll be glad to have a discussion with you.
Reply/Quote
Bodine better get it together!!
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
If Andy Dalton is yelling at you because of your mistakes, you know you have a problem with those mistakes.
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Proud of my form.  When you want to post some facts to back up your opinion I'll be glad to have a discussion with you.

How many lineman who were not drafted in the first two rounds has he developed into all pros while they played for the Bengals....ZERO

Need any more facts?
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 06:13 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: How many lineman who were not drafted in the first two rounds has he developed into all pros while they played for the Bengals....ZERO

Need any more facts?

How many OL in general outside of the first two rounds turn into All-Pros? 
Very few.
Clint Boling could.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:24 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ttcp0HdNGrY

It's poor quality, but I think that's the hit you're talking about.

Yeah, that get's an automatic 15 yards and a fine these days.....
Reply/Quote
(08-23-2015, 06:13 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: How many lineman who were not drafted in the first two rounds has he developed into all pros while they played for the Bengals....ZERO

Need any more facts?

He has not accomplished that, but that standard is extremely high.  Over the last 10 years there have been 48 Offensive linemen honored as All Pros (1st and 2nd team).  Only 15 of those 48 were not selected in the first two rounds of the draft.  That means that a combined 32 teams over a ten year period could only produce a total of 15 All Pros not drafted in the first 2 rounds.  It is so rare it appears more random than related to coaching ability.
Reply/Quote