Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bold Draft Predictions
I will go on record that the Bengals draft a Kicker somewhere in the first 5 rounds.
Reply/Quote
That IS bold. I'll predict that we draft a center in one of the first 2 rounds.
Reply/Quote
Bengals don't draft a defensive player till 4th round..
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Bengals draft damaged goods for the 2nd year in a row in the first round. (Smith, Fuller)
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As much as i would hate to use a pick on a Kicker, I would be ok with Robert Aguayo in the 5th or later. Heck didnt Nuge get taken pretty high by the Jets. As for a Center, If Ryan Kelly falls to us in the 2nd I would take him.
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 09:50 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Bengals don't draft a defensive player till 4th round..

That is bold, and would likely irk me with as many DL prospects that are available.  So I'm guessing you're saying WR, OL and WR then again? I'd offer up something bold, but everything I think of seems realistic with as open to BPA as Cincy is.  I don't know that they've scouted any, but I could see them taking a college OT by the mid rounds if the fit were right.  Some of us would freak at first saying we have enough young OT's, then we find out they're really a G prospect that can play C as well.  Something like that I guess.  Also, I could see them taking a S early or DE over DT, but I don't think that shocks anyone at all.  
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 09:50 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Bengals don't draft a defensive player till 4th round..

I hope you are wrong.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Long snapper first round.. Not that there's anything wrong with Harris, but darn.. Wouldn't having the best long snapper in the draft be just peachy keen?
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I predict that we will trade down at least once.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:22 PM)phil413 Wrote: That is bold, and would likely irk me with as many DL prospects that are available.  So I'm guessing you're saying WR, OL and WR then again? I'd offer up something bold, but everything I think of seems realistic with as open to BPA as Cincy is.  I don't know that they've scouted any, but I could see them taking a college OT by the mid rounds if the fit were right.  Some of us would freak at first saying we have enough young OT's, then we find out they're really a G prospect that can play C as well.  Something like that I guess.  Also, I could see them taking a S early or DE over DT, but I don't think that shocks anyone at all.  

And with the 24th pick 4th Rd 122 overall The Cincinnati Bengals Select C/G GRAHAM GLASGOW........
Reply/Quote
C Ryan Kelly in the 1st.

Would be out highest selected C since the 60's, if memory serves.

Of course, the Bengals won't do that, but he would be a day one starter and an immediate upgrade.

Reply/Quote
Bodine is 23 gonna be 24 years old this year going into his 3rd year in the league. Has started 32 games. After all those years with Gutcheck and cook stinking up the place and no early round center savior picks i just dont see them going C. Hell if anything we may draft another T. Whit and Winston could very well be heading into their final year.
Reply/Quote
Back to back WRs in the first and second. Hopefully after a trade down. And we actually take an Ohio State boy early under the Marvin regime.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 03:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bodine is 23 gonna be 24 years old this year going into his 3rd year in the league. Has started 32 games. After all those years with Gutcheck and cook stinking up the place and no early round center savior picks i just dont see them going C. Hell if anything we may draft another T. Whit and Winston could very well be heading into their final year.

This has nothing to do with the context of your post but it's funny how those are the ONLY positives he has.

That's some Hobson level praise that I realize you weren't giving, but it's amusing regardless.
Reply/Quote

Dang.  I was going to predict that they were going to take a CB, DE, and DT all in the first five rounds.  Now I can't.  Or can I because it makes the prediction more bold?  
Reply/Quote
If he lasts..The Bengals will draft Jaylon Smith in the 3rd round..He will then sit this year and be as good as a first round pick next year.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:28 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: Dang.  I was going to predict that they were going to take a CB, DE, and DT all in the first five rounds.  Now I can't.  Or can I because it makes the prediction more bold?  

Go ahead lol.

I think it's possible for them to take WR in 1st, Center in 2nd, and than surprise us and taking a RB or take another WR.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Bengals wait until the 3rd round or later to take a WR
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 09:58 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Bengals draft damaged goods for the 2nd year in a row in the first round. (Smith, Fuller)

I get Smith being damaged. How is Fuller damaged goods?
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I predict we haven't learned our lesson and will take Shawn Oakman in the 2nd round sigh... Or Carl Nassib.

Time to move on from the 6'7 DE project model. But they may not be ready to yet.

Not a bold statement, but it'll be bold if we pass on one of these players.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote