Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Bold Draft Predictions
I love rooting for a team that is good enough to go almost any direction in the draft.

BPA! Let's get over that playoff hump damn it!
Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:51 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I predict that we will trade down at least once.

I agree and will go one step further and say AJ mccarron will be a part of the deal. 

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 12:58 AM)BengalChris Wrote: C Ryan Kelly in the 1st.

Would be out highest selected C since the 60's, if memory serves.

Of course, the Bengals won't do that, but he would be a day one starter and an immediate upgrade.

Didn't the Bengals draft a center with the 1st pick of the franchise? 

I miss Rich Braham so much.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 03:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bodine is 23 gonna be 24 years old this year going into his 3rd year in the league. Has started 32 games. After all those years with Gutcheck and cook stinking up the place and no early round center savior picks i just dont see them going C. Hell if anything we may draft another T. Whit and Winston could very well be heading into their final year.

I can't imagine the fan reaction if we took another tackle in the 1st this year.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:31 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I can't imagine the fan reaction if we took another tackle in the 1st this year.

I'm  not saying in the first. Just that in this draft I think we could take a T at some point over a C.
Reply/Quote
Jaylon in the second.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 05:03 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I'm  not saying in the first. Just that in this draft I think we could take a T at some point over a C.

I don't think we take a tackles unless it's incredible value. I see us taking a guy who can play G/C. A potential replacement for Bodine, if he continues to suck, or Zeitler, if we can't extend him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 04:11 PM)magikod Wrote: Didn't the Bengals draft a center with the 1st pick of the franchise? 

I miss Rich Braham so much.

Bob Johnson - #2 overall 1968

Dave Rimington - #25 overall 1983

And... so do I.   I'm hoping one of this years crop ends up being on our roster and just like Richie
Reply/Quote
Bold??! Let's really get bold. ...wait, when was the last time this organization got bold? I think they paid a lot of money for a receiver who didn't even make it onto the field for one game. What was that guy's name? It was Chad, Terrell, and ......

Anyhoo-dey, here is BOLD!! Trade up, draft Bosa, win the damn SB. Now, THAT'S gettin' a stiff one, grabbin' your sack and taking BOLD of your destiny!

This organization ain't got but a season or two until this window of opportunity starts closing. You can feel the tremors right now. Pretty soon you will see it all unraveling.

Whomever they would pick at #24 isn't going to be an immediate impact player. ...ain't gon' be no WRs, DEs nor DTs at that spot that are going to come in and have that impact needed to push this team in.

This team has gone through the woods, has found the golden cabin, been looking in all of the windows, has even found the front door, ...but hasn't the key yet. Well, ...I'll tell ya. There are a lot of hidden keys. You either find one of them, or break the door down. Stop "fumblin'" around. Stop wishing you'll find a secret and safe passage way underground that will get you in.

You say that Atkins takes pressure off of Dunlap? Try adding Bosa to the mix. That takes pressure off of the whole team. ...and Dunlap ain't gonna be there forever. It's time to, both, have an immediate impact, and plan for the future. Plus, they need just a tad bit more diversity on the D. ....now, THAT'S BOLD.

Super Bowl teams get to the door, and then.....find keys. A few of them break the door down. But NO ONE stands there at a window time and time again and knocks and knocks and knocks and knocks, hoping that someone will let them in.
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 09:59 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I get Smith being damaged. How is Fuller damaged goods?

They went to school together.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
- Bengals will take Dodd or Ogbah in the first.
- They'll also take at least one non-FBS player (Onemaya, Hargrave, Houston-Carson, Judon, Blair) somewhere in the draft.
- If Nick Martin is on the board in the 3rd, they'll take him.
- They'll take a project or injured player with the extra pick if they draft down
Reply/Quote
I predict the Bengals will trade McCarron.
Reply/Quote
Here's a bold one..

Bengals trade up to #7 pick to get Myles Jack (He drops somehow)

Big Grin (Okay I know I'm dreaming)

We trade A.J. McCarron, 24th pick, 3rd round pick, and 2nd round pick next year for #7 pick and 3rd round pick.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 10:27 AM)Leather Face Wrote: Bold??! Let's really get bold. ...wait, when was the last time this organization got bold? I think they paid a lot of money for a receiver who didn't even make it onto the field for one game. What was that guy's name? It was Chad, Terrell, and ......

Anyhoo-dey, here is BOLD!! Trade up, draft Bosa, win the damn SB. Now, THAT'S gettin' a stiff one, grabbin' your sack and taking BOLD of your destiny!

This organization ain't got but a season or two until this window of opportunity starts closing. You can feel the tremors right now. Pretty soon you will see it all unraveling.

Whomever they would pick at #24 isn't going to be an immediate impact player. ...ain't gon' be no WRs, DEs nor DTs at that spot that are going to come in and have that impact needed to push this team in.

This team has gone through the woods, has found the golden cabin, been looking in all of the windows, has even found the front door, ...but hasn't the key yet. Well, ...I'll tell ya. There are a lot of hidden keys. You either find one of them, or break the door down. Stop "fumblin'" around. Stop wishing you'll find a secret and safe passage way underground that will get you in.

You say that Atkins takes pressure off of Dunlap? Try adding Bosa to the mix. That takes pressure off of the whole team. ...and Dunlap ain't gonna be there forever. It's time to, both, have an immediate impact, and plan for the future. Plus, they need just a tad bit more diversity on the D. ....now, THAT'S BOLD.

Super Bowl teams get to the door, and then.....find keys. A few of them break the door down. But NO ONE stands there at a window time and time again and knocks and knocks and knocks and knocks, hoping that someone will let them in.

I Like This. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 05:17 PM)3wt Wrote: Bob Johnson - #2 overall 1968

Dave Rimington - #25 overall 1983

And... so do I.   I'm hoping one of this years crop ends up being on our roster and just like Richie

See, it was the 60s and my memory did serve me. I knew Rimington was lower than 24. Everyone was shocked by the Rimington pick and the Blair Bush trade to Seattle.

Reply/Quote
(04-08-2016, 03:21 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Bodine is 23 gonna be 24 years old this year going into his 3rd year in the league. Has started 32 games. After all those years with Gutcheck and cook stinking up the place and no early round center savior picks i just dont see them going C. Hell if anything we may draft another T. Whit and Winston could very well be heading into their final year.

Ghiacuic was only given 2 seasons as our full time starter before he was replaced.

Cook was a good starting Center until he was injured in '12, and he was only given one season after that before he was replaced.
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 10:27 AM)Leather Face Wrote: Bold??! Let's really get bold. ...wait, when was the last time this organization got bold? I think they paid a lot of money for a receiver who didn't even make it onto the field for one game. What was that guy's name? It was Chad, Terrell, and ......

Bosa is not the answer to our problems.

Not even close.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2016, 01:37 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bosa is not the answer to our problems.

Not even close.

I don't think we have an answer to our problems..

Our problem is coaching... Bengals are talented enough to win SBs.. It's just we for some reason choke in the wrong moments, I really hope we are different next year. Maybe the new position coaches help change up some things...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(04-07-2016, 11:51 PM)EatonFan Wrote: I predict that we will trade down at least once.

I really hope this happens if there is not a top Tier CB or DE available at #24.  Bengals could slide back and get the WR in the end of the first and, potentially gain an additional late second rounder if someone really covets a player at #24.  
Reply/Quote
(04-09-2016, 06:42 PM)WrongVerb Wrote: - Bengals will take Dodd or Ogbah in the first.
- They'll also take at least one non-FBS player (Onemaya, Hargrave, Houston-Carson, Judon, Blair) somewhere in the draft.
- If Nick Martin is on the board in the 3rd, they'll take him.
- They'll take a project or injured player with the extra pick if they draft down

Would be quite happy with this...
Reply/Quote