Poll: Which One Would You Rather Have?
Boldin
Freeney
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boldin Or Freeney?
Pretty simple question, which of the two free agents would you rather have? I've seen people on here clamor for both, but if you had to choose one, which would it be?
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
For me, I'd go with Freeney. Although our WR corp is rather thin, I don't think he adds much that we don't already have. I see Boyd pretty much doing exactly what Boldin would do.

Then there's Freeney. He played at a very high level with his rotational sets. We don't really have any pass rushers at DE outside of Dunlap. Sure, MJ has had his shots but we need DE help outside of those two.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Freeney, if for no other reason than the fact that he is playing hard-to-get and I'm suffering from "jilted lover" syndrome.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
Pretty simple question? Yes.
And for me, pretty simple answer. Freeney.

The reason is because the Bengals already went out and got a veteran WR to be a quality starter. They also drafted a WR high with a similar skill set to Boldin.

They've done nothing in finding a pass rusher after Gilberry left in FA. Hardison should be able to be a quality 3rd down interior rusher, but the Bengals need better outside rushing anyway. Freeney all day.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Boldin. We know our D line is awesome. Receiver still has a lot of "?????????". Especially now w/out Eifert who could be out for "???????"

Reply/Quote
Freeney, we need a outside receiver the most,but i want pass rush,something tom brady cannot handle
Reply/Quote
Feeney I am confident in our Wr Corp. Dline not so much.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Freeney

I love Boldin, but our biggest needs at the end of last season were the ability to stuff the run at the end of the game, the ability to cover RBs and TEs and the ability to rush the passer with 4 - especially at the end of games.

I think we've addressed all of those issues (as well as the WR need) but have not addressed the pass rush issue.  Freeney would finally give us an edge rusher opposite Dunlap.
Reply/Quote
Freeney would help the pass rush, but he can't do anything else at this stage of his career. He'll only play like 20%-ish of the snaps at most even if he's healthy the whole time. If MJ or Dunlap get hurt, we're still screwed because Freeney can't play 4 or even 3 downs.

Boldin would rock it as a slot receiver, would be a damn good mentor, and if there's an injury he could still step it up and take on a bigger role. Would also provide Dalton with a reliable 3rd down target. Becomes a bigger need with the Eifert surgery. (I had kind of dropped the Boldin talk until that news dropped.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 03:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Freeney would help the pass rush, but he can't do anything else at this stage of his career. He'll only play like 20%-ish of the snaps at most even if he's healthy the whole time. If MJ or Dunlap get hurt, we're still screwed because Freeney can't play 4 or even 3 downs.

Boldin would rock it as a slot receiver, would be a damn good mentor, and if there's an injury he could still step it up and take on a bigger role. Would also provide Dalton with a reliable 3rd down target. Becomes a bigger need with the Eifert surgery. (I had kind of dropped the Boldin talk until that news dropped.)

True on Freeney, but he would upgrade the most important part of the defense - getting off the field on 3rd down.  Freeney, MJ, Dunlap, Geno would be able to put pressure on any QB.

As for Boldin, I just don't see it anymore.  I don't think he would be a contributor at this point in his career. 
Reply/Quote
I would go Freeney, unless the coaches are less than impressed with what they see out of LaFell and/or Boyd. Love me some Boldin and I wanted him over Antonio Bryant years ago. I would've been just fine with signing him instead of LaFell as well. That said, I have more faith in LaFell than most. I think he'll be fine in the #2 role.

Freeney can take Gilberry's old spot and keep us from relying on Margus Hunt. Nuff said on that.

Honestly, if we sign a WR, I'd want somebody with speed. Boldin, LaFell and Boyd are all lacking in that department.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
I like Boldin, but I'd go with Freeney all day long.

He's so motivated to get a ring and we'd be able to keep him fresh with our rotation. Considering that Pittsburgh and Baltimore are turning into major passing teams, there's never enough when it comes to pass rush help.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Freeny. We need a proven DE in our DL rotation behind Dunlap and Johnson. I feel way less certain about the guys backing up that position than I do about our selection of WRs.
Reply/Quote
Went with Boldin. We have a second and third round pick behind our starters.

Dunlap, MJ, Clark, Hunt, Atkins, Peko, Sims, Billings, Hardison is 9 DL when Thompson comes back that is 10

AJ, Lafell, Boyd, Core after that it is a toss up. Would like Alford to show up. But I have learned expecting a lot from a 7th round WR is usually unrealistic. Tate is Tate and almost a lock to make the team, and he shouldn't be. Kumerow and Russell are two UDFAs I like. But I'm taking Boldin over an UDFA all day.

Rookie WRs usually don't make much of an impact. I think Boldin reinforces our pass catcher depth instantly. With Eifert a question starting fast is important. And Boldin would help us do that.

We know less about Boyd and Core than we do Clark and Hunt. Dalton excelled with a lot of weapons at his disposal. Keep him comfortable.
Reply/Quote
Both... next
Reply/Quote
Logic and passion suggest Freeney.

Defense wins championships.

My dreams choose both.

My decades of despair and of wanting of a Super Bowl win choose both.

...add Freeney to what is already a pretty good d-line, and you get that extra "UMPH," that glitch in the matrix, the last plank on which you'd have opponents take that walk into the plunge of soaking and drenched defeat... the quick sands of JUNGLE MANIA!!!

Awwwwwe mannnnuh, as for me, give me freedom or give me ....Freeney! *cue crowd roar here*
Reply/Quote
Glad to see the choice is so obvious to so many. With our secondary and playing with Peko/Billings, Geno, and Carlos on our DLine, Freeney would feast. As will Carlos and Geno.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Freeny because you can never have too many pass rushers.

You can say the same about receivers, but they come a dime a dozen, especially when we just signed LaFell, drafted Boyd, and drafted Core (sleeper alert and broken record from me).

Boldin isn't a special enough talent to pass on a guy that's proven that he can get to the quarterback ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
What if LaFell or Green get injured? (Knock on fake ikea wood)

Freeney would be a great luxury to have but again we just have too many question marks at WR. And TE.

I'd rather see what Billings can do to free up MJ. It shouldn't be that hard playing next to Atkins.

Reply/Quote
I like whoever said both. I like our youth but would like to have more experienced depth at WR. And a true edge rusher opposite Dunlap would make our defence a nightmare.
Reply/Quote