Poll: Which One Would You Rather Have?
Boldin
Freeney
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boldin Or Freeney?
Neither.

Bengals have done great by developing their own and trusting their scouting. Feels like with the D line every year the feeling is that the young guys need to play more. I think the coaches need to let loose their grip a little bit this season and let them at it in the rotation.

F these old guy retreads. Dansby I feel differently about because he was so productive at a position the Bengals are extremely weak at.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 03:03 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Pretty simple question, which of the two free agents would you rather have? I've seen people on here clamor for both, but if you had to choose one, which would it be?

Freeney of course.

Unless Hunt, Clarke or Hardison step up we have no depth at End, none.

I think this is the most overlooked position this Offseason. All these Ends are unknown...
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 02:39 PM)PDub80 Wrote: Neither.

Bengals have done great by developing their own and trusting their scouting. Feels like with the D line every year the feeling is that the young guys need to play more. I think the coaches need to let loose their grip a little bit this season and let them at it in the rotation.

F these old guy retreads. Dansby I feel differently about because he was so productive at a position the Bengals are extremely weak at.

How have Hunt and Clarke been developed? They have been downright no shows.

Gilberry is gone who actually showed something while he was here. Freeney is one of the greatest DE's in NFL history
and would be great here in a rotation and just came of a 8 sack season playing in a 3-4 Defense in limited playing time
all the while missing a few games. In a 4-3 Defense on passing situations the guy could put this Defense over the top.

Right now i will say it. Freeney could help us get a SB win more than any other player.

MJ is not the pass rusher that Freeney is right now. Let alone Hunt, Clarke and Hardison.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 02:42 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: How have Hunt and Clarke been developed? They have been downright no shows.

Gilberry is gone who actually showed something while he was here. Freeney is one of the greatest DE's in NFL history
and would be great here in a rotation and just came of a 8 sack season playing in a 3-4 Defense in limited playing time
all the while missing a few games. In a 4-3 Defense on passing situations the guy could put this Defense over the top.

Right now i will say it. Freeney could help us get a SB win more than any other player.

MJ is not the pass rusher that Freeney is right now. Let alone Hunt, Clarke and Hardison.

My point was that at every position but DE the Bengals have brought young guys along every season. The coaches trust MJ, Dunlap, Atkins, and Peko so much that they have slammed on the breaks in terms of letting others play significant snaps. It's like a pitcher relying on one pitch instead of working the others.

Even if it gets lower quality results at first, the Bengals need to force themselves to play the young guys at some point or else they will be between a rock and a hard place at DE.

Freeney could be good or he could be ok. It's just a crappy spot to be in all around and it's the team's own fault. I think they need to bite the bullet and get production from the young guys they have. Or not, cut them and move on. Bringing in another guy goes straight to cut them and move on.
Reply/Quote
Easy choice, Freeney. Hunt and Clarke, after three and two years in the system haven't been able to show anything at all. If you're worried about WR then we can always cut Hunt lose to make room or give Tate his walking papers. As long as the team doesn't bring in someone like Little.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 03:16 PM)PDub80 Wrote: My point was that at every position but DE the Bengals have brought young guys along every season. The coaches trust MJ, Dunlap, Atkins, and Peko so much that they have slammed on the breaks in terms of letting others play significant snaps. It's like a pitcher relying on one pitch instead of working the others.

Even if it gets lower quality results at first, the Bengals need to force themselves to play the young guys at some point or else they will be between a rock and a hard place at DE.

Freeney could be good or he could be ok. It's just a crappy spot to be in all around and it's the team's own fault. I think they need to bite the bullet and get production from the young guys they have. Or not, cut them and move on. Bringing in another guy goes straight to cut them and move on.

Right. Now that we let go of Gilberry (31 years old), we should give his spot to a young guy like Hunt (29 years old).  Ninja
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Why does anyone want to sign Boldin?
Reply/Quote
Freeney all day !

I have little to no faith in Hunt and only a faint flicker of hope left for Clarke. I believe our receivers are in decent shape and there's no so thing as to much pass rush.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 06:59 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Right. Now that we let go of Gilberry (31 years old), we should give his spot to a young guy like Hunt (29 years old).  Ninja

I liked Gilbery a lot. Freeney is 36 with a lot of mileage.

Hunt isn't he only option on the Dline.

I won't be furious if they sign Freeney. Bruce Smith had 2 out of 4 good sack totals with the Redskins starting at age 37. They just need to do it or, if not, play the other guys so they know to draft different or keep them.
Reply/Quote
Boldin = Dwayne Bowe. Finished !
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2016, 12:39 PM)John Shaft Wrote: Boldin = Dwayne Bowe.  Finished !

Meh. With Bowe there was clear evidence that he was finished last year. Or at least that he lacked motivation to stay in shape and stole one last payday.

Boldin was productive last year and has always been a highly motivated and very professional player. 

Not a good comparison, IMO.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why does anyone want to sign Boldin?

I would love us to sign Boldin, but it's an either or question.

Sign Boldin, dump Tate and let one or both of the rookies take the return duties.

But I'd give the signing of Freeney a higher importance due to the two underachievers we have backing up at DE.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 03:29 PM)bengalsturntup5532 Wrote: Freeney, we need a outside receiver the most,but i want pass rush,something tom brady cannot handle
Include big Ben also.
Reply/Quote
Can we just have both? haha

tough choice really, id be happy with either 1 to be honest. freeney would be a huge boost for our d-line, and boldin would give us a physical WR who can catch over the middle and make CB's pay for trying to tackle him.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
Freeney. I am for any move that will improve our pass rush.....AND he already has a chip on his shoulder against the Squeelers as an added bonus.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 07:59 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why does anyone want to sign Boldin?
I call it Maddenitis.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 03:10 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Boldin. We know our D line is awesome. Receiver still has a lot of "?????????". Especially now w/out Eifert who could be out for "???????"

Boldins not a TE...

Freeney for Sure....   Offense will survive without a 35 year old   Defense might be truly elite one everyone is off suspension
Reply/Quote
(06-07-2016, 09:12 AM)John Shaft Wrote: I call it Maddenitis.

And those who think Boldin is completely washed up have guessing-with-no-evidence-itis.
Reply/Quote
Okay... lemme see.

I'd marry Tate because he's got job security.
I'd F Freeney because he's got some moves for a big man.
I'd kill Boldin because he's been on teams I hate.

Wait... what was the question?
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Freeney.

He could have some use as a rotational rusher for a season, maybe two. That's a position where we're not only thin, we don't have much in the way of developmental players.

Boldin could make some plays, but he would be looking at a small percentage of targets. And I'd rather see those go to one of the half dozen inexperienced guys.
Reply/Quote