Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bombs go off in Manchester.
Casuelities are confirmed.

The religion of piss strikes again.
This is terrible. Early reports are 19 dead 50 injured.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
They are saying it was possibly a suicide bomber, but nothing much else is known. Prayers with those in Manchester tonight.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(05-22-2017, 10:28 PM)Millhouse Wrote: They are saying it was possibly a suicide bomber, but nothing much else is known. Prayers with those in Manchester tonight.

Terrible. likely a number of the dead and wounded are children.
Can radical Islam be countered using their own book from where they get the ideology?

That's the only way to defeat radical Islamic terrorism.

There will always be radicals in every religion but radicalization can be held in check if anyone can use the same book they use to radicalize to counter their arguments.

It's why the WBC doesn't grow, their ideology can be destroyed by the same book that they use to form that ideology.

I'm just wondering, asking those who know the Koran.
I hate making this comment, because it makes me a bit sick. But his is what our modern world has come to. There's no sign that this will stop or even slow down in the future. In fact, it may even happen more often.

Prayers for the innocent victims.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
More Islam Terror and they are proud of it and rejoicing.

People who blindly support this garbage coming to the US needs to wake up and realize what these people are really about. (Specifically the protesters and bought and paid for activist judges)

We need to do everything we can to keep these psycos out or the same will start happening here.

Religion of peace? Seems more like a religion/war plan of death and conquest.(which they openly admit)

Time to wake up and quit being so politically correct - to our own demise.

Prayers go out to the dead and injured.
(05-23-2017, 01:05 AM)tigerseye Wrote: More Islam Terror and they are proud of it and rejoicing.

People who blindly support this garbage coming to the US needs to wake up and realize what these people are really about. (Specifically the protesters and bought and paid for activist judges)

We need to do everything we can to keep these psycos out or the same will start happening here.

Religion of peace? Seems more like a religion/war plan of death and conquest.(which they openly admit)

Time to wake up and quit being so politically correct - to our own demise.

Prayers go out to the dead and injured.

Outside of ISIL, who supports Islamist terrorists coming to the US?
(05-23-2017, 12:00 AM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Can radical Islam be countered using their own book from where they get the ideology?

That's the only way to defeat radical Islamic terrorism.

There will always be radicals in every religion but radicalization can be held in check if anyone can use the same book they use to radicalize to counter their arguments.

It's why the WBC doesn't grow, their ideology can be destroyed by the same book that they use to form that ideology.

I'm just wondering, asking those who know the Koran.

I don't "know" the Qu'ran. It is a very complex book read through differing schools of interpretation. But Muslims everywhere have been working to counter what they consider misuse of the Qu'ran and Hadith. They do this in film, books, radio and other media, as well as in online forums. I should add that I know many Muslims and lived and traveled through a number of Muslim countries. Most live ordinary lives like Americans and don't want to hurt anyone--even when they have legitimate grievances.

The problem is, over the last four decades one country has been supporting supporting an extreme version of Islam with LOTS of money. That has changed the tenor of Islam in some countries. That, coupled with dictatorships and the onslaught of American culture, which many regard as immoral and corrupting youth, has pushed more people towards extremist versions. 

The violent extremists are still a minority, but they don't have to be many.  Cosmopolitan Muslims, like cosmopolitan Christians, Jews and Hindus, will denounce this attack and sympathize with the victims and their families.
I guess our liberal leaning friends are fresh out of equivalency arguments.

How about recently when that white guy high on weed ran over a crowd in Manhattan killing a woman?
(05-23-2017, 01:28 AM)Vlad Wrote: I guess our liberal leaning friends are fresh out of equivalency arguments.

How about recently when that white guy high on weed ran over a crowd in Manhattan killing a woman?

You are using this tragedy to make what point, exactly?  
(05-23-2017, 01:23 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't "know" the Qu'ran. It is a very complex book read through differing schools of interpretation. But Muslims everywhere have been working to counter what they consider misuse of the Qu'ran and Hadith.

They can start working on letting the next suicide bomber know it's 72 raisins they're blowing themselves up for, not 72 virgins. At 4:27...

Couldn't agree more with this Muslim woman.

(05-23-2017, 01:23 AM)Dill Wrote: I don't "know" the Qu'ran. It is a very complex book read through differing schools of interpretation. But Muslims everywhere have been working to counter what they consider misuse of the Qu'ran and Hadith. They do this in film, books, radio and other media, as well as in online forums. I should add that I know many Muslims and lived and traveled through a number of Muslim countries. Most live ordinary lives like Americans and don't want to hurt anyone--even when they have legitimate grievances.

The problem is, over the last four decades one country has been supporting supporting an extreme version of Islam with LOTS of money. That has changed the tenor of Islam in some countries. That, coupled with dictatorships and the onslaught of American culture, which many regard as immoral and corrupting youth, has pushed more people towards extremist versions. 

The violent extremists are still a minority, but they don't have to be many.  Cosmopolitan Muslims, like cosmopolitan Christians, Jews and Hindus, will denounce this attack and sympathize with the victims and their families.

It's not nearly as complex as you think it is. The only thing complicating it are the apologists that obstrusfcate the text via whitewashing.
(05-23-2017, 01:28 AM)Vlad Wrote: I guess our liberal leaning friends are fresh out of equivalency arguments.

Yes. The left is bereft of examples were christians kill or have killed muslims. MOAB
(05-23-2017, 01:50 AM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: It's not nearly as complex as you think it is. The only thing complicating it are the apologists that obstrusfcate the text via whitewashing.

Sounds like you know something about the Qu'ran.  Do you read Arabic?  Where do you get your information

Just wondering--Who are the obfuscators? Where do you read or hear them?  Any links?
(05-23-2017, 01:42 AM)Vlad Wrote: They can start working on letting the next suicide bomber know it's 72 raisins they're blowing themselves up for, not 72 virgins. At 4:27...

Couldn't agree more with this Muslim woman

This does not sound right. I'm pretty sure the disputed word is "Houri," or "al-Hoori" which is closer to a female, transparent angel. I have not read much of the Qu'ran, but I am also pretty sure that all of the 72 virgin references come from various sayings in the Hadith, which are thought by Muslim scholars to have varying degrees of authenticity.  In some cases the word "woman" (Imra'a) is used. That's a long ways from raisin (Zabib), as are words for "virgin" (Batul) and "girl" (Bint). In one text there are only 70 "wives" and in another there are 4 thousand virgins and 8 thousand slave girls. Also some of these are rewards for just being humble or a good servant to Allah, not necessarily for becoming a martyr.

WikiIslam has a list of instances and levels of authenticity. https://wikiislam.net/wiki/Authenticity_of_72_Virgins_Hadith

Maybe there was a mistranslation of one Hadith right after Muhammad died or something, and then others kept repeating various other words for female beings . Unless that happened, it is unlikely "raisin" is a mistranslation.

Nice lady, though.
The ignorant low IQ suicide bomber is told and believes that after he blows himself up taking innocent people with him hw will get 72 virgin's in Heaven. Before he leaves on his mission he says goodbye to his family, kisses his mother and is hailed as a brave hero. What they should do is once the authorities determine the identity of this piece of shit, a special team should find his family and slaughter them all. This could act as a deterrent.
(05-23-2017, 06:57 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: The ignorant low IQ suicide bomber is told and believes that after he blows himself up taking innocent people with him hw will get 72 virgin's in Heaven. Before he leaves on his mission he says goodbye to his family, kisses his mother and is hailed as a brave hero. What they should do is once the authorities determine the identity of this piece of shit, a special team should find his family and slaughter them all. This could act as a deterrent.  

yeah because that just wont be used as propaganda and more more terrorists.... Mellow
People suck
How did someone get in a concert with a bomb strapped to them?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(05-23-2017, 10:12 AM)michaelsean Wrote: How did someone get in a concert with a bomb strapped to them?

From what I understand it happened in the concourse area outside the concert in a kind of transportation hub.