Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Border wall thread
(07-29-2017, 09:41 AM)GMDino Wrote: He meant nothing.  It was an empty promise that he knew got applause at rallies and votes from people ho actually believed we were being destroyed by illegal immigration.

However...

We the US taxpayer can now foot the bill.  Yay?

That's funny cause I never heard a dem complain about taxes.
But if the wall included solar panels? Not only would it pay for itself, it would make both the environmental nut jobs happy and those justified in demanding secure borders happy.

Generally speaking I would have to agree with you. Considering the highest decline of illegal crossings in 17yrs., a massive wall may not be necessary.
(07-29-2017, 09:51 AM)Vlad Wrote: Are you serious? You actually thought Trump believed the Mexican prez would write a check just because the Trumpster tells him to?
I guess I shouldn't be surprised!

Here you go...

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

So I Mexico refuses to pay for it, we're going to place more burden on places that do money transfers and we're going to levy more taxes on people legally coming here?

This is the most liberal president we've had in a century.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(07-29-2017, 09:51 AM)Vlad Wrote: Are you serious? You actually thought Trump believed the Mexican prez would write a check just because the Trumpster tells him to?
I guess I shouldn't be surprised!

Here you go...

https://assets.donaldjtrump.com/Pay_for_the_Wall.pdf

Did you read that? What does "compel Mexico to pay for the wall" mean to you?

Please explain how Trump said Mexico will pay for the wall, but didn't mean Mexico will pay for the wall?
My understanding is that Mexico would like their own wall on their southern border. They get a lot of flight to themselves.
(07-29-2017, 10:26 AM)Vlad Wrote: That's funny cause I never heard a dem complain about taxes.
But if the wall included solar panels? Not only would it pay for itself, it would make both the environmental nut jobs happy and those justified in demanding secure borders happy.

Generally speaking I would have to agree with you. Considering the highest decline of illegal crossings in 17yrs., a massive wall may not be necessary.

Such a strange thread--watching the effects of political manipulation unfold in real time. 

LOL Trump's PDF laid out a really effective policy didn't it?  Of course that will work.  Mexico will be squealing on the 3rd day.  6 months into the Trump presidency and still an amazing argument--on paper.

People who don't know how government works step in with the obvious solutions. Other people who don't know how government works are amazed and ready to vote. Of course solar panels would pay for themselves. Everyone happy except Mexicans!