Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bosa/2017 draft
(08-27-2016, 01:10 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: Most players get one or the other, no offset language or the full upfront signing bonus. Bosa wants both.

Nope, San Diego is refusing to give boss either one, even though every top ten pick under this cba has gotten one or the other.  Basically this is San Diego's first top ten pick under this cba and they are refusing the third overall pick a concession that Evey top ten pick has been getting.

So the chargers are the Assholes here without question.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 01:58 PM)Beaker Wrote: bosa's stats were inflated by osu statisticians giving him credit for tackles when all he did was fall on the pile.

Lololololol.....Nah, he's just a very dynamic bad ass dlineman.  No need to inflate his stats, his play speaks for itself.
Being a Bengals fan is like being in love with a narcissist.  It's a brutal, emotionally abusive relationship but I never leave and just keep making excuses for them.
Reply/Quote
I'm not a OSU homer. If Bosa were to end up in stripes I don't think any of us would be upset.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 04:36 PM)Savagehenry54 Wrote: Nope, San Diego is refusing to give boss either one, even though every top ten pick under this cba has gotten one or the other.  Basically this is San Diego's first top ten pick under this cba and they are refusing the third overall pick a concession that Evey top ten pick has been getting.

So the chargers are the Assholes here without question.

Right,

And what's amazing is some on here can actually twist this into Bosa having a problem and character issues.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2016, 06:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Some folks are talking trade with SD for Bosa...throwing around names like McCarron, etc.  In reality, there is no way he can be traded from SD.  His options are as follows:  Sign with SD and play this year for them or re-enter the 2017 draft.  

I get both sides of the argument.  SD doesn't want to get strong-armed in to giving up something that is designed to protect them from having to pay if he is released and signs elsewhere.  Bosa wants to make it such that if he is a poor fit as a 5-technique (which I would never use the #3 overall pick for to begin with) and is released that he still collects his rookie contract and whatever he earns from a new team.  

I'm beginning to wonder, since he hasn't signed yet (and I thought for sure he would today) that he may in fact be thinking about re-entering the draft next year.  Maybe he doesn't want to play 5-technique.  I don't know.  He is rolling the dice that a 4-3 team would take him and early enough that he would get maximum dollars.  If he doesn't sign with them soon, it will be interesting to see how the next draft unfolds for him.  

Thanks for the info SHRacerX. Didn't understand what was going on, doesn't make sense from either side to me.

The Chargers sound cheap and Bosa sounds selfish and spoiled.

Still don't know enough to have an opinion on the matter.
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2016, 09:49 AM)Benton Wrote: I thought they could still trade him if he signs?

and that is a good point about the public part. One of the articles I read had the offer the cahrgers made detailed out, noting how close it was to what bosa was asking for. It didn't mention how far off it was initially though.

Bosa wants all money up front or offset language taken out they wont give him either. no he had to sign by august 10 to be able to have him traded, now he can only play for the chargers or re enter and personally i think hes gonna re enter hes not a poor kid. And he will be much more dynamis in a 4-3 anyways and now chargers arent gonna give him a good deal at all so hell probably reneter the draft which means chargers just wasted a draft pick on him and being out of fottball for a year hell probably slide hopefully into the late teens and we can move up and get him.
Reply/Quote