Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd: I just want to win
Quite an interesting article in ESPN about Tyler Boyd and his will to see the Bengals win.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/37761710/bengals-wr-tyler-boyd-beaten-chiefs-healthy

"I just want to win, and that's the biggest evolution of coming here and starting here and being where I am," Boyd said. "We are a winning franchise now and we are going to continue to win. We are getting better."

"Throughout his career, Boyd's ability to fight through injuries has been well documented. In Week 16 of the 2019 season, Boyd staggered to the line of scrimmage despite dealing with a serious cramp, a move that allowed Cincinnati to score a tying touchdown at the end of regulation. Last year, Boyd missed Week 15 because of a dislocated finger where a bone came through the skin. He returned for the rest of the team's games, including the entire postseason."

-- his comments on his being injured early in the second quarter of last year's KC game--

"Still to this day, I feel like if I would have played the whole game [last year's playoff against KC], I was the key factor," Boyd said. "We would've won the game."

"Bengals coach Zac Taylor, the team's offensive playcaller, said that losing Boyd presented a key challenge given how much Kansas City was double-teaming the team's outside receivers, Tee Higgins and Ja'Marr Chase."

-- Boyd on his future in Cincinnati--

"Boyd has not received any indication that he will not play the final year of his current contract with the team that drafted him in 2016."

"They love me in the front [office]," Boyd said. "They respect me. I go about things the right way. I come in with a great attitude each and every day. I don't complain as much. I go out there and do my job. It's a love, family thing."
Reply/Quote
Well I hope we can send him out with a Championship.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The idea that Boyd would be a cap casualty this season has always been insane. No chance.

Next year? Certainly possible. Probably probable. Though depending on how other pieces fall (cap hits on Burrow/Higgins/Wilson/Chase extensions; 3rd deals for Awuzie, Reader; if Mixon, Jonah, & Collins are back), I could see Tyler back.
Reply/Quote
Agree 100% that if Boyd is healthy, we go to the SB again. I think the FO did, as well, as we drafted Jones & Iosivas.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 06:19 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Agree 100% that if Boyd is healthy, we go to the SB again. I think the FO did, as well, as we drafted Jones & Iosivas.

I’ve said this many times. The draft looked like a pronounced attack at what hurt us last year by injury and depth. Trey Hendrickson was exhausted and injured during the year. Enter Myles Murphy. Awouzie tears his ACL and although CTB did well they knew there was a droppoff and depth issues. Enter D J Turner. Tyler Boyd gets hurt in the Chiefs game and they show no fear and double team Chase and Tee. Enter Charlie Jones and Isovivas.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Not crazy about “we would have won the game if I had played.” It’s just bulletin board material for KC, and it sounds like the scrub from the Bills that said they would have beaten us if not for the snow.

KC was missing guys, too.

Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not crazy about “we would have won the game if I had played.” It’s just bulletin board material for KC, and it sounds like the scrub from the Bills that said they would have beaten us if not for the snow.

But he didn’t say it right after the game. I think that makes it a little different. If KC needs Tyler Boyd to motivate them in late May they’ve got issues. Respectfully I think it’s a nothing burger. I think it’s more reflective of further comments that he made that he let the team down by not toughing it out. It was a deep thigh bruise. I don’t question he made the right decision. But it had to be painful
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Love what Boyd did as a Bengal over his career but I need more out of the slot this year.

More speed, more athleticism. Slot receiver on this team should be feasting with Higgins and Chase on the outside.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Love what Boyd did as a Bengal over his career but I need more out of the slot this year.

More speed, more athleticism. Slot receiver on this team should be feasting with Higgins and Chase on the outside.

I’m not so sure it’s Boyd as I just think Joe likes the outside guys. Let’s face it I just don’t think Joe likes to go to the TE either. I’m certainly glad with the Charlie Jones pick. I’m still fully confident of Tyler. He’s playing for his career this year. He’ll be excellent

Reply/Quote
Who even floated around cutting or trading Boyd this year? If he were in LA or NYK ppl would be calling him best slot WR in the game
-Housh
Reply/Quote
We win a title, do you take 5 million one year to run it back if your Boyd?

This question is asked with the thought that Boyd can get 3 years 20-24 million from another team.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:36 PM)Housh Wrote: We win a title, do you take 5 million one year to run it back if your Boyd?

This question is asked with the thought that Boyd can get 3 years 20-24 million from another team.

I’d say no. The money gap would just be too great for the value i provide. I’d have to go to the Ravens or someone who needs WRs
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:50 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: But he didn’t say it right after the game. I think that makes it a little different. If KC needs Tyler Boyd to motivate them in late May they’ve got issues. Respectfully I think it’s a nothing burger. I think it’s more reflective of further comments that he made that he let the team down by not toughing it out. It was a deep thigh bruise. I don’t question he made the right decision. But it had to be painful

Neither did the dude from the Bills. Still didn’t make his comments come off any less lame.

And I’m not saying it’s a particularly big deal, it just seems unnecessary to me.

Reply/Quote
Going to be hard to keep him. I thought Pratt would be gone but we managed to keep him. But WR is a whole different animal.

Boyd really has always played with the intensity and toughness I love to see. If he has a chilly market like Pratt. We need to find out how to make it work.
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 11:33 PM)Housh Wrote: Who even floated around cutting or trading Boyd this year? If he were in LA or NYK ppl would be calling him best slot WR in the game

DingDing
[Image: tyler-boyd.gif]
They LOVE him in Baltymoor.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:51 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Love what Boyd did as a Bengal over his career but I need more out of the slot this year.

841 yds in 2020, 828 in 2021 and 762 last year. Hard to get more production than that with 2 1000 yd. receivers on the outside.
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 08:18 AM)Sled21 Wrote: 841 yds in 2020, 828 in 2021 and 762 last year. Hard to get more production than that with 2 1000 yd. receivers on the outside.

This

Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 06:48 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: DingDing

But, but we need more speed, and athleticism at that position..  Rolleyes

Ever notice how some players just find an extra gear in the heat of competition?  Tyler Boyd is like that, his game speed is much faster than his training speed.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2023, 06:48 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: DingDing

Also in Buffalo ...
[Image: buffalo-bills-fans-return-favour-to-andy...chdown.png]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-30-2023, 10:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not crazy about “we would have won the game if I had played.” It’s just bulletin board material for KC, and it sounds like the scrub from the Bills that said they would have beaten us if not for the snow.

Im not in to trash talking but I have ZERO issues in saying if our oline was healthy we win that game, even if KC had their hurt players as well.

Reply/Quote