Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd: I just want to win
(05-31-2023, 10:13 PM)Wyche Wrote: I'd say that's right. Staff and FO both seem to have a very set objective towards the future and depth now every draft. 

When you are bad like we have often been you have to hit on franchise players, we focus on depth now which is refreshing. Its time for the Bengals to finish this and bring a ring to Cincinnati again. Its been way overdue.
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2023, 08:56 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Boyd is an elite level player at his position of slot receiver. You do not let a player of that quality walk without a hard think and an able replacement in hand.

But he'll turn 30 this year. The market for 31 year old slot receivers may not be fantastic.  It will be hard to keep him at a high price. But medium?

I'd certainly look to get off guys who are not elite at their spots (Jonah, Mixon, Collins) before letting Boyd walk. Though if both Jones & Iosivas bloom quickly, it will be hard to justify keeping him, cap-wise.

Doubt we bring back Boyd with the Chuck Sizzle addition, really think this guy could be a top Slot WR just like Boyd was.

Could see a bit of a fall off with Boyd last year even if he was playing great in the Chiefs game before getting hurt and as you say will 
be hard to keep him, Tee and Chase. I keep going back to DJ Reader and wondering how he is being ignored after all he has done for 
us in our post season success. Keeping DJ Reader should be imperative. We don't go to the SB without DJ Reader or go to the AFCC 
2 years in a row without him and his ability to stop the run.

The Myles Murphy pick makes me feel better about losing Hendrickson after his deal is up, but we don't have a DJ Reader DT for if he
leaves.

(06-04-2023, 08:59 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: On Nate's posts, I do not view it as either/or. Both things can be true:

1) We win with a healthy OL even sans Boyd
2) We win with a healthy Boyd even with the injured OL.

Agree. Rock On
Reply/Quote
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2023, 07:45 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote:

Impressive: 6th and 7th of top 10 of "most reliable pass catchers of 2022." I suspect Chase is not far out of the top 10, but he did miss 4 weeks last season.
Reply/Quote