Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Boyd has a dislocated finger
(12-12-2022, 11:30 AM)pally Wrote:

I heard his finger was actually a compound fracture, with the bone sticking out from the hand.  He was in surgery to repair before the game even ended.  Now, when I heard dislocation instead of fracture, I was immediately happier with the situation because I figured it would heal faster.  I don't know if the bone actually fractured or if it is even possible to dislocate the bone, have it protrude from the hand, and not have it actually broken in some place.  Time will tell, but anyone that said he should have 'rubbed some dirt on it" clearly had no idea the extent of the injury.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 10:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I heard his finger was actually a compound fracture, with the bone sticking out from the hand.  He was in surgery to repair before the game even ended.  Now, when I heard dislocation instead of fracture, I was immediately happier with the situation because I figured it would heal faster.  I don't know if the bone actually fractured or if it is even possible to dislocate the bone, have it protrude from the hand, and not have it actually broken in some place.  Time will tell, but anyone that said he should have 'rubbed some dirt on it" clearly had no idea the extent of the injury.  

Yeah, I know two people who had compound fractures in the last couple of years, and they both contracted MRSA from them. Open fractures are very problematic.
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 10:59 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I know two people who had compound fractures in the last couple of years, and they both contracted MRSA from them. Open fractures are very problematic.

That's one of the biggest reasons they went right to surgery, clean it and get that boy on some high dose IV antibiotics.  
Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 10:38 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I heard his finger was actually a compound fracture, with the bone sticking out from the hand.  He was in surgery to repair before the game even ended.  Now, when I heard dislocation instead of fracture, I was immediately happier with the situation because I figured it would heal faster.  I don't know if the bone actually fractured or if it is even possible to dislocate the bone, have it protrude from the hand, and not have it actually broken in some place.  Time will tell, but anyone that said he should have 'rubbed some dirt on it" clearly had no idea the extent of the injury.  

The only thing I can envision with a dislocation protruding through the skin would be one end of the knuckle being shoved back and through the skin. If that's the case, man that had to hurt!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And how many people quickly made a tight fist after reading this post? 

lol

Busted...  Rant

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

the treatment is the same, in this case, for the dislocation and a fracture.  Surgical reduction and a pin for stability

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-14-2022, 03:26 PM)pally Wrote: the treatment is the same, in this case, for the dislocation and a fracture.  Surgical reduction and a pin for stability

Wait...so his finger is going to be shorter now?  Ninja

I should really just take a break...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

Ugh, that is rough. Boyd should miss at least a game or two. Hopefully Tee is back for this next one.

I think they were just resting him and his hamstring against the Stains and weren't going to use him unless we really needed him.
Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35259543/bengals-wr-tyler-boyd-shock-injury-feels-great

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said his finger injury wasn't a normal dislocation. The bone came through the skin, he said, which prompted him to miss nearly all of Sunday's victory over the Cleveland Browns.

But despite the injury, he has been able to practice in a limited capacity all week and is feeling "great," which is a good sign for the Bengals ahead of Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"I kind of went in shock," Boyd said after Thursday's practice. "I never really had any major injuries, thank god, let alone being able to see a bone. So, it kind of threw me off. "But at the same time, my adrenaline was pumping. So, it wasn't really hurting or fazing me. The only thing I was worried about was getting back out there to help my guys."

According to Boyd, there were no other major dislocations or torn ligaments. On Wednesday, Bengals coach Zac Taylor said Boyd had the injury flushed out to avoid any potential infections.

Cincinnati's top slot receiver knows his injured finger is going to hurt. But a little extra-strength ibuprofen and some good padding should be enough to get him through game day.

"At the end of the day, I can play," Boyd said. "I can move my legs. I can make it work."
Reply/Quote
(12-15-2022, 08:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/35259543/bengals-wr-tyler-boyd-shock-injury-feels-great

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tyler Boyd said his finger injury wasn't a normal dislocation. The bone came through the skin, he said, which prompted him to miss nearly all of Sunday's victory over the Cleveland Browns.

But despite the injury, he has been able to practice in a limited capacity all week and is feeling "great," which is a good sign for the Bengals ahead of Sunday's game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

"I kind of went in shock," Boyd said after Thursday's practice. "I never really had any major injuries, thank god, let alone being able to see a bone. So, it kind of threw me off. "But at the same time, my adrenaline was pumping. So, it wasn't really hurting or fazing me. The only thing I was worried about was getting back out there to help my guys."

According to Boyd, there were no other major dislocations or torn ligaments. On Wednesday, Bengals coach Zac Taylor said Boyd had the injury flushed out to avoid any potential infections.

Cincinnati's top slot receiver knows his injured finger is going to hurt. But a little extra-strength ibuprofen and some good padding should be enough to get him through game day.

"At the end of the day, I can play," Boyd said. "I can move my legs. I can make it work."

Wow, tough dude good ole Boyd. Honestly, doesn't surprise me. I would of been in shock myself if I saw bone, rough. Sick
Reply/Quote
Spit and throw some dirt on it. LFG boyd.

Reply/Quote
if im todd bowels, I double Chase and Higgins. Dare Boyd to catch with that bum finger
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:36 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: if im todd bowels, I double Chase and Higgins. Dare Boyd to catch with that bum finger

How gimpy is Higgins hamstring injury ?  How bad is Boyd's finger ?  Is Chase back at 100 % ?   Can Bengals get Hurst back for play-offs ?  

My hope is Bengals get players healthy for play-offs, not limping into play-offs with second string bench warmers.  If the Bengals can hit the play-offs healthy, the Super Bowl Bengals can beat anybody, including red hot 49ers or Cowboys. 

So I don't want Higgins or Boyd playing Sunday if they aren't healthy and could risk being lost for the season and play-offs.  A win against Tampa would be great, but it is not a must win situation.  More important is to get this team back healthy to win in play-offs. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 02:35 AM)BurrowTheGoat Wrote: If they double Chase and Higgins Brady gonna be salivating watching Burrow pass to 2 white midgets for 100 yards each lol

Irwin is 6’2, hardly a “midget.”

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 01:36 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: if im todd bowels, I double Chase and Higgins. Dare Boyd to catch with that bum finger

If he can't catch then he ain't playing. He ain't going to be used out there as a decoy. And he's also going to be on something a little bit stronger than x-strength Ibuprofen if needed.
Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 04:41 AM)higgy100 Wrote: If he can't catch then he ain't playing. He ain't going to be used out there as a decoy. And he's also going to beyond on something a little bit stronger than x-strength Ibuprofen if needed.

I would imagine Trent Taylor or Trent Irwin would actually be a better decoy and/or performer if Boyd can't catch. They've proven themselves to be adequate enough this season when needed.
Reply/Quote

If they do that then there's not even a need to play Boyd. Irwin and Taylor have shown they are more than capable. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

That's likely means cover 2 with only 6 in the box with a corner in the area so 7th just outside the box. If they do that it just begs the Bengals to run the ball down their throat and with no Vita Vea I don't like that game plan.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(12-16-2022, 11:33 AM)Synric Wrote: That's likely means cover 2 with only 6 in the box with a corner in the area so 7th just outside the box. If they do that it just begs the Bengals to run the ball down their throat and with no Vita Vea I don't like that game plan.

You don't want the Bengals to win? 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote