Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Boyd has a dislocated finger
(12-11-2022, 11:19 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Does anyone else see a trend with players injuries the past couple of years with Zac and the medical staff? Chase wanted an extra week, ZT said OK. Higgins wanted to play, ZT said no take the week off.

They appear to be a franchise now that protects their players, sometimes from themselves.

Great place for a FA to consider, they are not just a number or a piece of meat in Cincinnati.

I think they realize they have bigger things that they are playing for than a week 13 matchup to the Browns. They are being smart about injuries and making sure guys are fresh for "the next game" rather than "the current game". 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looks like Tee tweaked his hammy in pregame and wanted to play but the boss said no. 

Smart move. 

I read where they had no intention of playing Tee at all, but Tee "snuck" onto the field on the first play from scrimmage. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 11:30 AM)pally Wrote:

If the guy would have gone to LSU, they would have taught him how to catch with 1 hand 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read where they had no intention of playing Tee at all, but Tee "snuck" onto the field on the first play from scrimmage. 

[Image: insubordinate-churlish.gif]

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 10:58 AM)Sled21 Wrote: A dislocation becoming an open fracture doesn't make sense. If he broke the bone and it came through the skin, that takes a while to heal and is very succeptible to infection. A dislocation should not break the skin because their shouldn't be any jagged bone to cut through....

I believe you can still have a break that does not break the skin with a dislocation. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe you can still have a break that does not break the skin with a dislocation. 

yep...in high school, my football playing brother was going for a tackle and caught his pinkie in the back of the runner's shoe.  The runner's next step did mega damage including multiple fractures and a major dislocation of the hand joint as well as tendon damage.  Picture Anthony Munoz's hand when he first injured it

Now this was in the golden oldie days of surgery but he was in the hospital for 3 days with his hand in traction after surgery.  It was a year before he had full use of his hand.  

Granted, we've come a long way since then and Boyd's hand isn't nearly as seriously injured but dislocations, even of fingers, can be far more extensive than the diagnosis indicates

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I read where they had no intention of playing Tee at all, but Tee "snuck" onto the field on the first play from scrimmage. 

I wondered if that was the case because he wasn't out there for the first or second snap (when TB hurt his finger), but he was for the 3rd. Then didn't see him again. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:29 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe you can still have a break that does not break the skin with a dislocation. 

Right. Most breaks don't break the skin. When they do (compound fracture) there is a high chance of infection and they have to clean the bone. I've just never heard of a compound or open fracture as they are called, with a dislocation.
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 06:02 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Right. Most breaks don't break the skin. When they do (compound fracture) there is a high chance of infection and they have to clean the bone. I've just never heard of a compound or open fracture as they are called, with a dislocation.

Just heard Lap say on the Eddie and Rocky Show that Boyd's bone DID go through the skin and it was a dislocation. Ouch!

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 04:28 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: insubordinate-churlish.gif]

Quality show.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 07:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: Just heard Lap say on the Eddie and Rocky Show that Boyd's bone DID go through the skin and it was a dislocation. Ouch!

Wow that is one heck of a dislocation, godspeed to Tyler on his recovery 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 08:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Wow that is one heck of a dislocation, godspeed to Tyler on his recovery 

Even if Tyler is out any extended time I feel comfortable with one of the Trents filling in. 
Reply/Quote
I was wondering if maybe the Bengals coaches are getting some time off for the guys before the stretch run and the playoffs. Chase could have played but they held him out an extra week so at the end of the regular season he'll only have 13 or so games. Higgins held out after he wanted to play, sit Hurst for a few weeks so he'll be fresher for the playoff run. Mixon out two weeks in concussion protocol. Boyd maybe missing a couple of weeks for a dislocated finger. With the season nearing it's end maybe it's better to be cautious.

Getting Irwin, Taylor and Perrine some playing time and showing they're an important part of the team probably helps too.
Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 12:58 AM)FastEddie Wrote: I was wondering if maybe the Bengals coaches are getting some time off for the guys before the stretch run and the playoffs. Chase could have played but they held him out an extra week so at the end of the regular season he'll only have 13 or so games. Higgins held out after he wanted to play, sit Hurst for a few weeks so he'll be fresher for the playoff run. Mixon out two weeks in concussion protocol. Boyd maybe missing a couple of weeks for a dislocated finger. With the season nearing it's end maybe it's better to be cautious.

Getting Irwin, Taylor and Perrine some playing time and showing they're an important part of the team probably helps too.

I doubt it. We are still in a playoff run mode. Nothing is guaranteed yet. If they could play, they would. Especially having Tee and Tyler out at the same time.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:32 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I've dislocated my pinky and once put back into place wasn't so bad. But if it was a different finger I could see it being problematic.

According to my hand surgeon, most of the strength of your grip comes from your pinky. Think about, when you make a tight fist, where are you feeling the muscle contract…on the outsides of the hand…the thumb and pinky.

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I doubt it. We are still in a playoff run mode. Nothing is guaranteed yet. If they could play, they would. Especially having Tee and Tyler out at the same time.

Agreed, but he's right in that it's giving backup players a lot of good reps in game situations. This bodes well if we do need them later on. I'd wager they don't want guys out the rest of the year too, so they're probably playing it a little bit safer after a 5 game win streak.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 09:40 AM)pally Wrote: According to my hand surgeon, most of the strength of your grip comes from your pinky. Think about, when you make a tight fist,where are you feeling the muscles contact…on the outsides of the hand…the thumb and pinky.

And how many people quickly made a tight fist after reading this post? 

lol
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-12-2022, 09:06 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Even if Tyler is out any extended time I feel comfortable with one of the Trents filling in. 

As long as Tee is playing.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(12-13-2022, 11:50 AM)PhilHos Wrote: And how many people quickly made a tight fist after reading this post? 

lol

[Image: question%20raising%20hand.png]
Reply/Quote