Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.75 Average
Boyd has a dislocated finger
(12-11-2022, 07:03 PM)grampahol Wrote: Stop by my shop.. I'll introduce you to endless tears.. lol

Sounds like you are your own worst enemy in your shop....
Reply/Quote
I think the Bengals can beat anyone right now that they got Chase back. They have to get HFA in the playoffs now.
Reply/Quote
I've dislocated my pinky and once put back into place wasn't so bad. But if it was a different finger I could see it being problematic.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
They have a week to get this situated. Put it back in place. Get swelling down. Gloves then tape. May not be 100% but close enough.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:32 PM)QueenCity Wrote: I've dislocated my pinky and once put back into place wasn't so bad.  But if it was a different finger I could see it being problematic.

I would wager you also probably weren't having to try to catch 50mph footballs minutes later. 
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:42 PM)TheFan Wrote: I would wager you also probably weren't having to try to catch 50mph footballs minutes later. 

Well no but not to make this about me... but I watch a bit of basketball and lots of players come back and play after a dislocation.  Which is how I injured mine.

Thought it was broken.. for Boyd not to return.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 08:58 PM)QueenCity Wrote: Well no but not to make this about me... but I watch a bit of basketball and lots of players come back and play after a dislocation.  Which is how I injured mine.

Thought it was broken.. for Boyd not to return.

Depends on the severity of the dislocation. I agree it seems weird if jammed. But maybe the felt good about our chances to win by the time they heard the news of the injury. If it looked like Munoz finger but his pointer I could understand. 

It's rare for an NBA player to come back from actual dislocated fingers the same game. Usually they're out a week or couple weeks. It's also a lot easier to play basketball with 1 hand then be a WR
Reply/Quote
Sounds like his finger opened up and he has already had surgery.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Not a break?

Praise god
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 09:57 PM)Housh Wrote: Not a break?

Praise god

If I have not been misinformed, something broke the skin and he had surgery. Can a dislocation do that ?

Reply/Quote
It could have been much worse. Awuzie got injured the last time we played the Browns. It seems they are our injury bug this year. Hopefully, Boyd, Higgins, Hurst and Hendrickson are all back soon. We'll probably be okay without them against the Bucs and maybe the Pats, but we need them on January 2nd if we want a shot at the #1 seed.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:40 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If I have not been misinformed, something broke the skin and he had surgery.  Can a dislocation do that ?

I don't know if he broke it or not...thought i read someone say he did but you can dislocate it and the bone can break the skin.

EDIT: Just found this.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I don't know if he broke it or not...thought i read someone say he did but you can dislocate it and the bone can break the skin.

Guess we have to wait

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:45 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Guess we have to wait

I updated my post. Doesn't look to be serious.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Looks like Tee tweaked his hammy in pregame and wanted to play but the boss said no. 

Smart move. 

Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looks like Tee tweaked his hammy in pregame and wanted to play but the boss said no. 

Smart move. 

A gamble that paid off! Irwin and Taylor did an admirable job today.
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: A gamble that paid off! Irwin and Taylor did an admirable job today.

Does anyone else see a trend with players injuries the past couple of years with Zac and the medical staff? Chase wanted an extra week, ZT said OK. Higgins wanted to play, ZT said no take the week off.

They appear to be a franchise now that protects their players, sometimes from themselves.

Great place for a FA to consider, they are not just a number or a piece of meat in Cincinnati.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(12-11-2022, 10:49 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Looks like Tee tweaked his hammy in pregame and wanted to play but the boss said no. 

Smart move. 

Definitely a smart move, they need Tee vs the Bucs
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Lol who was it from San Fran that had a broken finger and had the doctor cut it off so he could finish the game… Ronnie Lot?
Reply/Quote
A dislocation becoming an open fracture doesn't make sense. If he broke the bone and it came through the skin, that takes a while to heal and is very succeptible to infection. A dislocation should not break the skin because their shouldn't be any jagged bone to cut through....
Reply/Quote