Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyd's Not Expected To Start
(06-02-2016, 10:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Aha, no link to the video evidnce.

And Patriot fanS have sudden;y turneded into one random fan.

So how about a libk to these Patriot fans that all wanted Sanu over LaFell?  Got that?

BTW I can provide  tons of libnks of Bengal fans claiming dalton is a weak armed scrub of a QB who should have been replaced years ago.

Well once again i dont save links to my phone,and didnt even screenshot it. But i read alot and remember what i read. Theres also no highlights of him going deep. His highlights is catching short stuff. Also yes dalton has been bashed, but i feel that was with good reasoning. Hes been a reason why we didnt win playoff games in my eyes. He did look better last year. It wasnt till last year that i thought He could lead us to a superbowl. Because of the work with house and His personality took a change in some games. Plus all His weapons was healthy. Well to stick to Lafell, i hope Hes good for us,and i hope people on this board is right and they move everybody around all the time. I dont think wide receiver is that vital of a position anymore,with teams like carolina going to the superbowl also denver dont have the best receivers. But i got to say i hope core gets in there and Also i think we have a hidden gem in that udfa i for get His name already alonzo or something.
Reply/Quote
(06-02-2016, 06:32 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Boldin still available for the slot. Better option than anybody except Boyd if Boyd isn't ready for the full time gig. He would also be a fantastic mentor.

(06-02-2016, 06:41 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Fixed it for you.

Boldin would immediately become the 2nd best WR on the team, and seeing as how Eifert is all cut up on, perhaps the 2nd best passing target overall on the team.

Get over it people, we are not signing Boldin. I would love it but we aren't gonna do it.

His age coupled with the fact he is not here already and the Lafell and Boyd additions make it impossible
unless one of the 2 gets hurt. I don't take his age into consideration myself especially with a player like
Boldin cause he never relied on his speed anyways but the coaches do.

The coaches want speed. Doubt we would of drafted Treadwell if he fell to us.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 12:44 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Also, sure, nobody plays forever, but Boldin won't get worse this year if he signs with the Bengals.

So Boldin will play until he is 50?  He will never lose any skills because of age?

Since you are the expert when do you predict he will begin to decline.
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 12:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So Boldin will play until he is 50?  He will never lose any skills because of age?

Since you are the expert when do you predict he will begin to decline.

Yes Fred, you are so good at reading comprehension. You quoted me saying "he won't get worse THIS YEAR" due to a huge improvement in QB play and supporting cast, and correctly deciphered that meant he will play until he's 50 and never lose any skills. SO GOOD AT READING. Gold star for you!

On the topic of classic Fred-ignoring-the-points-of-a-post-and-instead-saying-something-stupid, I notice you ignored that Boldin missed less games than LaFell and has statistically outperformed LaFell every single year LaFell has been in the NFL. Interesting.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 11:56 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Get over it people, we are not signing Boldin. I would love it but we aren't gonna do it.

His age coupled with the fact he is not here already and the Lafell and Boyd additions make it impossible
unless one of the 2 gets hurt. I don't take his age into consideration myself especially with a player like
Boldin cause he never relied on his speed anyways but the coaches do.

The coaches want speed. Doubt we would of drafted Treadwell if he fell to us.

I don't think it has been brought up since  Eifert got his boot and this thread implying we don't have a surefire #3.

I was fine with everything until those 2 things happened.

Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 02:19 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Yes Fred, you are so good at reading comprehension. You quoted me saying "he won't get worse THIS YEAR" due to a huge improvement in QB play and supporting cast, and correctly deciphered that meant he will play until he's 50 and never lose any skills. SO GOOD AT READING. Gold star for you!

On the topic of classic Fred-ignoring-the-points-of-a-post-and-instead-saying-something-stupid, I notice you ignored that Boldin missed less games than LaFell and has statistically outperformed LaFell every single year LaFell has been in the NFL. Interesting.

[Image: You+haven+t+been+mimed+_c1628eb54cab78ad...67aad7.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-03-2016, 03:00 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: I don't think it has been brought up since  Eifert got his boot and this thread implying we don't have a surefire #3.

I was fine with everything until those 2 things happened.

Lafell, Boyd, Kroft, Core, Alford, Kumerow, Russell, Uzumah, Burkhead, etc.

I think atleast one of these guys will step up. Urban is a good WR coach.

Boyd has just as good of hands as Boldin and is faster. I know he is just a rookie but still i can understand the lack of interest in Boldin.

Boldin will want to start somewhere, he wouldn't here from what the coaches are saying.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lafell, Boyd, Kroft, Core, Alford, Kumerow, Russell, Uzumah, Burkhead, etc.

Boyd has just as good of hands as Boldin and is faster. I know he is just a rookie but still i can understand the lack of interest in Boldin.

Boldin will want to start somewhere, he wouldn't here from what the coaches are saying.

What makes you believe Boyd's hands are as good as a guy who has 1000 career receptions and over 13,000 yards receiving?  I'm not saying he won't turn into a good receiver, but that is a big statement.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 02:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Lafell, Boyd, Kroft, Core, Alford, Kumerow, Russell, Uzumah, Burkhead, etc.

I'm a bit worried circumstances as they are are going to necessitate at least 3 of them stepping up unless we plan on starting the season in a hole.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 11:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm a bit worried circumstances as they are are going to necessitate at least 3 of them stepping up unless we plan on starting the season in a hole.  

I expect Lafell to have one of his better seasons if for no other reason, he's playing opposite a top 5 WR. I mean I know he played with Gronk, but has he played with a better wideout? I don't have a lot of faith in 2 more of the guys that Nate listed stepping up though.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2016, 11:49 PM)jason Wrote: I expect Lafell to have one of his better seasons if for no other reason, he's playing opposite a top 5 WR. I mean I know he played with Gronk, but has he played with a better wideout? I don't have a lot of faith in 2 more of the guys that Nate listed stepping up though.

Yeah, I feel like if you asked me "What do you definitely NOT want to hear this off-season" one of my top answers would have been "Can Kroft and Uzomuzuzouzdhahah step up with Eifert out?"
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote