Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boys need spaces to themselves
(05-04-2018, 02:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why do you want to encourage boys and girls to behave the same way?

I am not encouraging them to do anything.  I am just opposed to discrimination based on race.

If girls just wanted to be with only girls they would not be trying to join the Boy Scouts.  No one here is trying to MAKE any girl do anything.  We just want them to have the freedom to do what they want.
(05-04-2018, 12:17 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: And the guys didn’t play as hard as normal.  They played like they were playing versus girls.  

No they didn't.  We played as hard as we could to keep from getting embarrassed by the Lady Vols.
(05-04-2018, 01:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except you didn't prove anything. You tried comparing someone who has never played the sport to someone who has it be the focal point of their entire life. That's like saying I can swim better than a woman who has never learned how to swim, thus men are better than women at swimming. It's an asinine point to try and make. So pretty much right in your wheelhouse.

If you take men and women of the same age, and they both practice the sport, the men will be better. If you got rid of men and women's basketball in HS, College, Professional, and just made it unisex basketball, the teams would be 100% men. The only exception I can think of is for maybe a brief window of like 10-11 years old, when women have hit a growth spurt and men haven't yet. That's it. As soon as puberty kicks in for men, it's not a level playing field at all.

This is all total BS.  When I was in college I played a lot of BBall at the rec center.  The Lady Vols (as well as  some of the mens team) would show up to run games there.  The ladies were better than a lot of the guys that showed up there to play.

Same age group.  No handicapped people involved.   Yet these women were still better than a lot of the guys.

So why should girls not be allowed to play with guys when some of them are better than the guys?  
(05-04-2018, 01:41 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yes things happen at home as well, but that is up to the parents to police, there shouldn’t be the risk of their daughter coming home knocked up because of your shenanigans. 

So what if your daughter wants to go to a school dance where boys will be present?  What if the high school plans a trip to Washington D.C.?  Or what about a regional science fair?

How are your helpless little daughters going to survive anywhere that you can not watch and protect them?
(05-04-2018, 01:53 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: What makes you think any parent wants their daughter going to Boy Scouts to be served up sexually for hanky panky? Hate to break it to you but no one shoyld be joining scouts to sexually explore.

When you go co-ed you promote sexualizing the children.

There might be something seriously wrong with you.

There were girls in our soccer league when I was in 6-8 grade.  No one thought they were being "served up sexualy".

I was in many coed organizations through college...no one joined them to "sexually explore".

For Jebus' sake stop and reflect on what you are saying and "thinking".
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(05-04-2018, 02:28 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why do you want to encourage boys and girls to behave the same way? When you do not give them outlets apart from each other you will get this stuff. Same reason why as adults men get together for a guys night out or girls go out for a girls night. They enjoy being seperate because they can act like a man or a woman.

That you think that there will be no separation shows you don't understand how this is all going to function and don't understand how the Scouting programs function as a whole.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(05-04-2018, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is all total BS.  When I was in college I played a lot of BBall at the rec center.  The Lady Vols (as well as  some of the mens team) would show up to run games there.  The ladies were better than a lot of the guys that showed up there to play.

Same age group.  No handicapped people involved.   Yet these women were still better than a lot of the guys.

So why should girls not be allowed to play with guys when some of them are better than the guys?  

I see know reason why they should not.

Should males be allowed to play for the Lady Vols if they are better than some of the players on the team/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(05-04-2018, 04:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Should males be allowed to play for the Lady Vols if they are better than some of the players on the team/

No.  Female sports were established for women to compete against women because the top men are better than the top women.

What does this have to do with Lucie's claim that women should not be allowed to play basketball with boys?
(05-04-2018, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Female sports were established for women to compete against women because the top men are better than the top women.

What does this have to do with Lucie's claim that women should not be allowed to play basketball with boys?

It doesn't and as I said they should be allowed to play with boys. Just wanted to know why you thought men should not be allowed to play with women. Now I know it's because they are superior athletes.

I do wonder why the less athletic male that desires to play collegiate sports cannot tryout for the women's team to fulfill his dream. Price you pay for being a male I suppose.

(05-04-2018, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what if your daughter wants to go to a school dance where boys will be present?  What if the high school plans a trip to Washington D.C.?  Or what about a regional science fair?

How are your helpless little daughters going to survive anywhere that you can not watch and protect them?

School dance, school trip, science fair. Are all co-ed events.

The Boy Scouts are supposed to be all boys and the Girl Scouts all girls.

My daughters will be fine because they will have the chance to do all girl activities as well as co-ed. So they grow and develop a sense of comraderie with girls. Plus the ability to also interact with boys.
(05-04-2018, 05:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  Female sports were established for women to compete against women because the top men are better than the top women.

You cripple the development of girls by forcing them to compete with boys. This is precisely why we have women’s athletics today. If they were meant to compete against men then there would only be sports. Not men’s sports and women’s sports.

Female sports were established to encourage participation for all girls. There were a lack of participants so the high end female Athletes often didn’t have enough competition so this added more girls to play so they wouldn’t have to compete against boys and be dominated.

I have watched a team of 3 WNBA players lose repeatedly to 3 boys high school basketball players. I watched it each year when they were at UCONN/ND and when they went into the WNBA. And these were not top end boys players. Just good high school athletes.
(05-04-2018, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It doesn't and as I said they should be allowed to play with boys. Just wanted to know why you thought men should not be allowed to play with women. Now I know it's because they are superior athletes.

I do wonder why the less athletic male that desires to play collegiate sports cannot tryout for the women's team to fulfill his dream. Price you pay for being a male I suppose.

If they did this there would be 85% (Conservatively) men in women’s athletics.
(05-04-2018, 08:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: You cripple the development of girls by forcing them to compete with boys.  This is precisely why we have women’s athletics today. 

I agree.  Co-ed should be an option for the ones that want it.  Or only used when there is not enough participation to have 2 seperate programs for boys and girls.

(05-04-2018, 08:03 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: I have watched a team of 3 WNBA players lose repeatedly to 3 boys high school basketball players.  I watched it each year when they were at UCONN/ND and when they went into the WNBA.   And these were not top end boys players.  Just good high school athletes.

Who were the WNBA players?

I don't want to just call you a liar, but I have played against elite women basketball players.  Unless the HS boys were elite level they would not beat WNBA players.
(05-04-2018, 07:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: School dance, school trip, science fair.  Are all co-ed events.  

That is my point.  Why would you let them do things with boys when you know they will get pregnant?

Especially with the "culture problems" of boys attacking girls and treating them like animals.
(05-04-2018, 05:42 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I do wonder why the less athletic male that desires to play collegiate sports cannot tryout for the women's team to fulfill his dream. Price you pay for being a male I suppose.

You think that is "paying a price"?

"WAA!  I can't play on the girls team!!! Being bigger and stronger than women is such a burden!!  Where is my victim card!!"

But that is nothing compared to all the healthy people who are barred from the Special Olympics.  Look at the "price they are paying" for not being handicapped.
(05-05-2018, 08:52 AM)fredtoast Wrote: You think that is "paying a price"?

"WAA!  I can't play on the girls team!!! Being bigger and stronger than women is such a burden!!  Where is my victim card!!"

But that is nothing compared to all the healthy people who are barred from the Special Olympics.  Look at the "price they are paying" for not being handicapped.

Seems like someone in this thread is whining that one gender cannot play with the other, but you might want to look into the mirror to see who it is. 

Not sure how tasteful it is to compare being female to being handicapped; even if it is your opinion.

(05-05-2018, 09:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Seems like someone in this thread is whining that one gender cannot play with the other, but you might want to look into the mirror to see who it is. 

No need to look in the mirror.  It is the guy who cried about "paying a price" for not being able to play on the girls team.
(05-05-2018, 09:01 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Not sure how tasteful it is to compare being female to being handicapped; even if it is your opinion.

When you can't argue with my logic try diversion tactics, right?

What is your opinion?  Do you not think that on average men are physically stronger and faster than women?