Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Brace Yourselves for shocking news
I know this will be troubling for many fans.....

Nice to see ESPN so on top of a story

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:26 PM)pally Wrote: I know this will be troubling for many fans.....

Not so shocking, heard it several times.
Reply/Quote
I know it's always easy to pile on ESPN, but Joe Goodberry commented and thinks that the Bengals floated this out there again to try and drum up more trade offers. I think a lot of people had assumed the Bears were a lock and I think that the Bengals FO is trying to shake out better draft compensation considering the Bears are light on draft picks.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Not so shocking, heard it several times.

[Image: U7Ghu2s.jpg]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:56 PM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: I know it's always easy to pile on ESPN, but Joe Goodberry commented and thinks that the Bengals floated this out there again to try and drum up more trade offers. I think a lot of people had assumed the Bears were a lock and I think that the Bengals FO is trying to shake out better draft compensation considering the Bears are light on draft picks.

every NFL team knows the Bengals are open to trading Dalton.  The problem is that no one will trade until they see how free agency shakes out

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I was excited by this shocking title and the disappointed after reading.
Reply/Quote
Rumors are the Bears are looking at Carr. Bengals could get left holding the bag if Brady returns to Pats. Not a lot of trade partners out there for Dalton. Some mildly interested teams could just wait for him to be released after the Bengals draft Burrow.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 04:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Rumors are the Bears are looking at Carr. Bengals could get left holding the bag if Brady returns to Pats. Not a lot of trade partners out there for Dalton. Some mildly interested teams could just wait for him to be released after the Bengals draft Burrow.

I think there's more than you think:

Colts, Bucs, Chargers are others that could use a QB
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 04:22 PM)pally Wrote: every NFL team knows the Bengals are open to trading Dalton.  The problem is that no one will trade until they see how free agency shakes out

Oh, I know. I think the Bengals FO thinks no one knows about it or something. Feels like we can't even get leaking information right.
[Image: y35bdhbl]
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 04:28 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I think there's more than you think:

Colts, Bucs, Chargers are others that could use a QB

Dari and Mel were on the radio this morning, talking about serious interest from the Bucs in Brady.  Of course, that could have just been those guys making some hype to talk about, since there is not much in actual sports to talk about right now..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
And here I was hoping to read Mike was selling the team to an owner committed to winning a Super Bowl and keeping the team in Cincy...
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 03:26 PM)pally Wrote: I know this will be troubling for many fans.....

In their defense, their interest in their product has dropped 90% as they now have few live sports for like 4 or 5 TV stations.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
FFS, I thought you were going to say that we decided to stick with Dalton and traded away the 1st pick!!!
I don't need shocks like this man, not at my age!!!
Reply/Quote

Should of added this  Sarcasm in your opening statement Pally lol
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 04:24 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Rumors are the Bears are looking at Carr. Bengals could get left holding the bag if Brady returns to Pats. Not a lot of trade partners out there for Dalton. Some mildly interested teams could just wait for him to be released after the Bengals draft Burrow.

The Colts is my prediction of where Andy will land. Best for everyone, only problem is they are in the AFC.

Bucs would be nicer, I just don't find it as likely. Colts have 2 second round picks. They have the leverage and a good team with a
good O-line, a decent Defense and are not happy with their current QB. Dome to boot, Dalton could go there and do well.
Reply/Quote
Who said we were going to get anything for him? It's quite possible he gets cut and just signs as a free agent somewhere. Too many QB's out there right now anyway. I don't see him bringing us anything more than a 4th round pick at the very best. We've gotta dump him anyway, so I'd just wait for that to happen if I was a GM from another team.

Hell, maybe we can resign him to be a backup for cheap when he can't find a starting gig elsewhere?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 08:16 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Who said we were going to get anything for him?  It's quite possible he gets cut and just signs as a free agent somewhere.  Too many QB's out there right now anyway.  I don't see him bringing us anything more than a 4th round pick at the very best.  We've gotta dump him anyway, so I'd just wait for that to happen if I was a GM from another team.

Hell, maybe we can resign him to be a backup for cheap when he can't find a starting gig elsewhere?

Usually agree with you but there are lots of teams interested including the Patriots according to their own words.

We should get at least a 4th rounder for Andy.

In the right situation Dalton is a good, solid NFL QB. He ain't no scrub.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 04:03 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: [Image: U7Ghu2s.jpg]
I got that. Thanks for clarifying...
Reply/Quote
I've been saying all along that Andy can be a 1yr stop gap QB for the right team, the problem is the market is full of QB's this year, but he comes realitively inexpensive. I'm thinking a team that has a shoddy QB, but good surrounding cast will come calling:

My Guesses:

1) Colts
2) Bears
3) Chargers
4) Raiders

My trade:

Bengals trade: Andy to Colts and #215(7)

Colts trade: #160(5) and #193(6)

-Bengals get a 5th rounder, and move back up 22 spots into the 6th, while the Colts get an upgrade over Brissett on a 1 yr contract and give up a 5th and 1 of their 3 6th rounders.
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2020, 09:52 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: I've been saying all along that Andy can be a 1yr stop gap QB for the right team, the problem is the market is full of QB's this year, but he comes realitively inexpensive. I'm thinking a team that has a shoddy QB, but good surrounding cast will come calling:

My Guesses:

1) Colts
2) Bears
3) Chargers
4) Raiders

My trade:

Bengals trade: Andy to Colts and #215(7)

Colts trade: #160(5) and #193(6)

-Bengals get a 5th rounder, and move back up 22 spots into the 6th, while the Colts get an upgrade over Brissett on a 1 yr contract and give up a 5th and 1 of their 3 6th rounders.

Well done, love this and I find it possible. :andy:
Reply/Quote