Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brace Yourselves...
I don't have any faith in the ownership of this team to do what it will need to take to aim for a super bowl with legit players, coaches, and the rest of the staff.

Marvin can stay or go, but it won't matter to me as long as MB is still at the top of the Bengal pyramid. That old man is the bane of my fanhood existence. Just cant wait for the day he is no longer has any control or say in the team.

Now who else wants to take a whack at this. Dead Horse
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Who's to say Katie would be any different than the prince of darkness?
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 04:05 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: I know I wouldn't be done with the Bengals, but.... I wouldn't buy any Bengal related gear, and I would only watch them on TV and not go to games. Honestly, I would probably just stop keeping up with the NFL all together. Even fantasy

I stopped making the all day commitment to go to games when then they layed an egg in the 4th quarter vs the Steelers in 2014. I stopped buying their shit last year. I stopped wearing their shit this year. I still watch them out of habit, but I now care more about my fantasy team than them. I was glad Kroft got run down on his way to the end zone in Jax... That's where they have me right now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 04:56 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Who's to say Katie would be any different than the prince of darkness?

Hell she may be worse... I ain't shit compared to my dad.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 03:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m optimistic that MB retires from football operations after this season and lets Katie put her stamp on the franchise with her first big highering of a new HC and possible more coaching staff changes.

While that sounds amazing in theory, you have to look at the flip side of things as well. What makes anyone believe that Katie can run this team any better than her Father did? She learned how to run the team and make money by watching him do it, so is she taking over the team to make money or to win. If she sticks to the family beliefs of her Father, we are screwed. If someone how someway, there is a small shred of dignity in her to honor her Grandfather, then perhaps we have a chance to see real change. 

Sadly, from what I've seen since Paul Brown died, that family's honor and dignity died with him.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 02:48 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: well I think we were 4-11-1 that year... lol But I believe the only reason he was brought back after the 2010 season is due to the lockout and inability to get a new coach time with players.

And it seemed a good move because the next 5 years were the best 5 year stretch I have ever witnessed as a bengals fan.

We went 4-11-1 in 2008...4-12 in 2010.

I think we're giving too much credit to Marv for those playoff seasons and not enough to AJ Green, Dalton, Atkins, Nelson, etc. We suddenly had a massive influx of talent. Unfortunately, the struggles in big games continued.

We are now coming off of 2 straight losing seasons, so the "we should keep Marv cuz playoffs" narrative is really losing what little steam it had.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:17 PM)jason Wrote: Hell she may be worse... I ain't shit compared to my dad.

Some say that greatness, like pattern baldness, sometimes skips a generation.  All we can hope for is for that adage to prove to be an axiom.

But as to the question in the OP? I'd still be around, just more grumbling than praising. I'm too old for changing colors, if you know what I mean.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While that sounds amazing in theory, you have to look at the flip side of things as well. What makes anyone believe that Katie can run this team any better than her Father did? She learned how to run the team and make money by watching him do it, so is she taking over the team to make money or to win. If she sticks to the family beliefs of her Father, we are screwed. If someone how someway, there is a small shred of dignity in her to honor her Grandfather, then perhaps we have a chance to see real change. 

Sadly, from what I've seen since Paul Brown died, that family's honor and dignity died with him.

I’m not sure just watching how her father does things is a predictor of how Katie would do things. I mean look no further than Mike learning from Paul.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:22 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: While that sounds amazing in theory, you have to look at the flip side of things as well. What makes anyone believe that Katie can run this team any better than her Father did? She learned how to run the team and make money by watching him do it, so is she taking over the team to make money or to win. If she sticks to the family beliefs of her Father, we are screwed. If someone how someway, there is a small shred of dignity in her to honor her Grandfather, then perhaps we have a chance to see real change. 

Katie has written up contracts and just seems smarter from what i have noticed.

I would be willing to bet she would be much better than her dad.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:36 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I’m not sure just watching how her father does things is a predictor of how Katie would do things. I mean look no further than Mike learning from Paul.

I'm with you man, I'm very hopeful that things change. I just fear that she'll take after her dad and focus more on making money then putting a winning team on the field. 

(11-17-2017, 05:38 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Katie has written up contracts and just seems smarter from what i have noticed.

I would be willing to bet she would be much better than her dad.

I hope she does, but if she is doing the contracts, doesn't that make her the same person who let Zeitler walk away by low balling him on his contract offer? That has to cause a little bit of concern.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I honestly won't bother with the team anymore unless the Brown family are gone! That's the beginning and the end of the problem right there!
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 02:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: 132488bd37b0dd3fcf756ebb74cb9f0b--happy-...-memes.jpg]

This defense of Marvin Lewis from Willie Anderson got me thinking. What if there are no serious changes? What if this winds up being 2010 all over again? Back then, Marvin went into the season as a supposed "lame duck". He responded by losing 10 straight on the way to a 4-12 season. Of course, we all know what happened afterward:

[Image: conference_20110104170641_320_240.JPG]

The only change made after that debacle was Bratkowski getting fired in way late January, after all the good candidates were taken. We did get lucky with Jay Gruden, but no other teams were sniffing him as an O coordinator candidate. So one change - a new OC - after a massively disappointing season (based on league-wide expectations) and 10 straight L's resulted in Mike Brown finally firing Bob Bratkowski after 3 straight years of finishing 22nd or worse in points. Wow.

Mike Brown has always been this way. Just check out this article from 2000 about Kenny Anderson's demotion.

This is who Mike Brown is. He will fight tooth and nail not to fire coaches. He's only fired 2 head coaches in 26 year span that includes 15 losing seasons and no playoff wins. Coordinators are usually given an incredible amount of rope, and really have to tank hard for several seasons to get fired.

So what will you do if Mike, Paul Alexander and crew are all back for another fun-filled season? What if the only change is hiring a permanent OC?

It wouldn't surprise me one bit. I think at this point it's a toss up whether he'll be back. Marvin isn't the only problem, we also need a better QB and a much better O coordinator and O Line. 
Reply/Quote
I, like many others just can't walk away from the Bengals. I was a fan of this team well before Uncle Mike took over.

I will however say if there isn't a major shake up this off season including Marvin Lewis and Paul Alexander being gone. And an honest effort at repairing this team via free agency. I will no longer be closely following another Mike Brown lead season !

I've had enough and I'm not going to continue Bang Head

I'll be back when Mike is no longer in charge
Reply/Quote
The only positive thing I can say is... I am happy for Rex Burkhead.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 06:18 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: I'm with you man, I'm very hopeful that things change. I just fear that she'll take after her dad and focus more on making money then putting a winning team on the field. 

I hope she does, but if she is doing the contracts, doesn't that make her the same person who let Zeitler walk away by low balling him on his contract offer? That has to cause a little bit of concern.

I don't know how someone who has always had money feels but i think if i had it all my life i would want something else.

Money sure as hell isn't everything and a rich person born rich ought to know that.

BTW, she might also be the same person that kept AJ Green, Geno Atkins, Carlos Dunlap and Andy Dalton around.

We were never going to match the Browns offer and it would of been stupid to try. Whit was the one we should of kept.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 02:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'll probably never be able to say 'I'm done' with this team and actually mean it - but if nothing changes and Marvin is re-signed, my overall interest level would be at near an all-time low. It would just be very hard to get excited for more of the same old, same old.

It isn't even fun anymore. Same problems over and over again. 
 I knew the O-line was going to be awful, but why can we never cover a TE still? 
 Why do we always get penalties on 3rd down extending drives for the other team?
 Why is there always a WR running free even when we only rush 3?
 Why are there so many missed tackles?
 Why can't our receivers learn the playbook, besides A.J.?
 Why do the Bengals talk about how big of a game the Steelers is, and then get the shit kicked out of us every year? 
 Did anyone see the A.J Green mock choke slam TD celebration a couple weeks ago? 
That has to be coaching right? 
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 09:18 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: It isn't even fun anymore. Same problems over and over again. 
 I knew the O-line was going to be awful, but why can we never cover a TE still? 
 Why do we always get penalties on 3rd down extending drives for the other team?
 Why is there always a WR running free even when we only rush 3?
 Why are there so many missed tackles?
 Why can't our receivers learn the playbook, besides A.J.?
 Why do the Bengals talk about how big of a game the Steelers is, and then get the shit kicked out of us every year? 
 Did anyone see the A.J Green mock choke slam TD celebration a couple weeks ago? 
That has to be coaching right? 

Yes sir.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 05:32 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Some say that greatness, like pattern baldness, sometimes skips a generation.  All we can hope for is for that adage to prove to be an axiom.

But as to the question in the OP? I'd still be around, just more grumbling than praising. I'm too old for changing colors, if you know what I mean.

Lucky for me I'm the youngest son.

I'm not quitting them either. I'm just mad at them. I used to laugh at the folks who wouldn't go to games or buy any merchandise in protest. I now find myself there. I don't think I'm affecting the bottom line of Mike Brown by not giving him my money. I'm just having a hard time justifying doing so.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Hopefully we find out come January if we are moving on from Marvin. That would make the off-season more fun then usual . But if Marvin is back or if it's just a ******** hire like Fisher. Im seriously going to try to move on. I might not find a favorite team. But it's time to find another hobby instead of this bafoonery.
Reply/Quote
(11-17-2017, 08:42 PM)Interceptor Wrote: The only positive thing I can say is... I am happy for Rex Burkhead.
Isn't it amazing how a guy who ran hard straight forward between the blockers last year made this line look so much better.

Is the problem really the line or the type of running back Cincinnati drafts most of the time? Or both?

I know they still stink at pass pro most of the time.
I miss Rex.
For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control.
2 Timothy 1:7

Reply/Quote