Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bradley Bozeman
(02-26-2022, 06:17 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Sure, if you’re judging Hopkins solely off the first half of the season when he clearly wasn’t back to 100%.

The playoffs would be the end of the season so would it be most fair to judge Hopkins with how he played in the playoffs since that is the furthest removed from the 1st half of the season? Hopkins had a PFF of 57 in the playoffs which is not much better than the regular season. 

Also, remember that 3rd and short in the Super Bowl on our last drive and the O-line couldnt get any push on the defense to get the 1st down.  That is Hopkins in a nutshell.  We should expect better out of the center position.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 12:10 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The playoffs would be the end of the season so would it be most fair to judge Hopkins with how he played in the playoffs since that is the furthest removed from the 1st half of the season? Hopkins had a PFF of 57 in the playoffs which is not much better than the regular season. 

Also, remember that 3rd and short in the Super Bowl on our last drive and the O-line couldnt get any push on the defense to get the 1st down.  That is Hopkins in a nutshell.  We should expect better out of the center position.

Even though Bozeman is not very athletic, his strength is one of his best traits. If we sign him and, say, Norwell (LG), then that would do wonders in the short yardage plays you refer to.
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 12:10 AM)007BengalsFan Wrote: The playoffs would be the end of the season so would it be most fair to judge Hopkins with how he played in the playoffs since that is the furthest removed from the 1st half of the season? Hopkins had a PFF of 57 in the playoffs which is not much better than the regular season. 

He was our best pass protector in the playoffs (72.3). Considering the pass rushers we faced he actually played pretty well.

Look - I’m all for upgrading the center position if the right situation presents itself, but it’s not where I would start (the right side).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
In my mind, you improve where you can, but the order of importance for me is RG, RT, LG, C, LT.
So, if they can only improve the first 3 this year, I am going to be happy about that.
I don't think that they rely that anyone on the roster improved "with a year of experience".
Reply/Quote
Been a huge fan of Bozeman and that has NOTHING to do with living in Bozeman, Montana. Nothing!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 12:48 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Been a huge fan of Bozeman and that has NOTHING to do with living in Bozeman, Montana. Nothing!

If he signs with us, you can buy his jersey to simultaneously represent both your favorite team AND your hometown!
Build a great wall up front to protect Burrow!
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2022, 12:48 AM)MTBengalsFan Wrote: Been a huge fan of Bozeman and that has NOTHING to do with living in Bozeman, Montana. Nothing!

(02-28-2022, 12:57 AM)BuildTheWall Wrote: If he signs with us, you can buy his jersey to simultaneously represent both your favorite team AND your hometown!

There yah go. I am getting a Logan Wilson jersey next to represent my favorite team AND Wyoming simultaneously... Rock On
Reply/Quote